All reviewsrochester airportan early flightfront deskbreakfast startingbreakfast buffet was typicalroom was cleanthe breakfast areanext morningfree wifi worked wellbagelsbit wornconvenient locationmicrowave and refrigeratorwould stay here againpleasant staystaff was very friendly and helpfulstayed one night
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times & loved the easy access to airport terminal. Nice pool. Great breakfast & very polite desk service. Air traffic noise never seems to be an issue.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 7, 2012

For the first time, I found myself flying out of Rochester at the crack of dawn and not having a rental car to return, a combination that made my decide to try the on-airport Fairfield. I like the Fairfield concept, a good bit of style, business-traveler oriented amenities. The price seemed steep for Rochester on a Saturday night in March. And the only amenity I had time to use in my short stay was the bed. Next time, if I have a rental car, I'll stay off the airport, in a place a little older and drive a mile to the airport for what I'm guessing is $40 to $50 less for the night's lodging.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here two nights on business and it was very nice. The hotel is a very short walk from baggage claim (directly next to the rental car/self parking garage). For a hotel so close to the airport, it is pretty soundproof as well, although occasionally you'll hear a plane, no problems sleeping though. The window shades are also very good for room-darkening. I had a king-sized bed which was comfortable, (though a bit on the soft side - I like firm, but that's just a personal preference) a chair with separate foot rest, a work area with swivel chair, and a HD TV on a swivel stand (with lots of channels) that made it easy to see while working at the desk, chair, or bed. The hotel provides complimentary internet (both wireless and wired at the desk), which is actually quite fast for a hotel. As a business traveler, the high speed internet is always welcome, and it was much faster here than even most luxury hotels.

There is no fridge or microwave, although there is a coffee maker in the room. The bath is a bit small, but has a nice shower head and Pantene shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer. Two towels are provided, but more can be provided on request.

The staff was very nice. I had left my phone charger at home, and the front desk agent lent me a charger which was a huge help. There is also a market area stocked with snacks, soups, Lean Cruisine products, etc, as well as sundry items for sale.

The breakfast area, while small, offers juices, coffee, breads, eggs, yogurt, and breakfast croissants (sausage and egg or bacon) that can be heated in the microwave. The breakfast area offers complimentary copies of both the local newspaper as well as USA Today.

Note there is not an on-site restaurant (or in the adjacent airport either) so if you don't have a car, this could be an issue. There are plenty of restaurants 1 - 3 miles away, and the front desk provides a list as well as places that deliver to the hotel; i.e. pizza, Chinese etc.

Overall, a clean and quiet hotel that is very convenient for flights in and out of Rochester, and is not far to downtown as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Like2cruz
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Clean, comfortable, nice rooms and a great breakfast, too. I do think however they were a bit pricey despite the location, and the fact that this was a Sunday night stayover. GREAT front desk staff (Travis?). You'll enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was here for such a short time (literally less than eight hours) to sleep. I've stayed here once before. The property is what you'd expect for a value hotel. The advantage is the proximity to the airport (an easy and quick walk to the terminal). I had to leave before 5a but it appears there's a breakfast buffet. I was able to drop my bags at the hotel, return my rental car, go back to the hotel then just walk to the terminal in the morning. Check in clerk was helpful; I was able to print my boarding pass at the desk. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Towels were meager, and would have liked more covers. I don't choose value hotels on a regular basis but this seemed very acceptable for the category, and the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo