“Nice hotel; a short walk from baggage claim”

Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here two nights on business and it was very nice. The hotel is a very short walk from baggage claim (directly next to the rental car/self parking garage). For a hotel so close to the airport, it is pretty soundproof as well, although occasionally you'll hear a plane, no problems sleeping though. The window shades are also very good for room-darkening. I had a king-sized bed which was comfortable, (though a bit on the soft side - I like firm, but that's just a personal preference) a chair with separate foot rest, a work area with swivel chair, and a HD TV on a swivel stand (with lots of channels) that made it easy to see while working at the desk, chair, or bed. The hotel provides complimentary internet (both wireless and wired at the desk), which is actually quite fast for a hotel. As a business traveler, the high speed internet is always welcome, and it was much faster here than even most luxury hotels.

There is no fridge or microwave, although there is a coffee maker in the room. The bath is a bit small, but has a nice shower head and Pantene shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer. Two towels are provided, but more can be provided on request.

The staff was very nice. I had left my phone charger at home, and the front desk agent lent me a charger which was a huge help. There is also a market area stocked with snacks, soups, Lean Cruisine products, etc, as well as sundry items for sale.

The breakfast area, while small, offers juices, coffee, breads, eggs, yogurt, and breakfast croissants (sausage and egg or bacon) that can be heated in the microwave. The breakfast area offers complimentary copies of both the local newspaper as well as USA Today.

Note there is not an on-site restaurant (or in the adjacent airport either) so if you don't have a car, this could be an issue. There are plenty of restaurants 1 - 3 miles away, and the front desk provides a list as well as places that deliver to the hotel; i.e. pizza, Chinese etc.

Overall, a clean and quiet hotel that is very convenient for flights in and out of Rochester, and is not far to downtown as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Like2cruz

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Clean, comfortable, nice rooms and a great breakfast, too. I do think however they were a bit pricey despite the location, and the fact that this was a Sunday night stayover. GREAT front desk staff (Travis?). You'll enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was here for such a short time (literally less than eight hours) to sleep. I've stayed here once before. The property is what you'd expect for a value hotel. The advantage is the proximity to the airport (an easy and quick walk to the terminal). I had to leave before 5a but it appears there's a breakfast buffet. I was able to drop my bags at the hotel, return my rental car, go back to the hotel then just walk to the terminal in the morning. Check in clerk was helpful; I was able to print my boarding pass at the desk. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Towels were meager, and would have liked more covers. I don't choose value hotels on a regular basis but this seemed very acceptable for the category, and the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here with my son's hockey team for two nights. The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. They even re- opened the breakfast for several boys who missed it. As others have mentioned, the hotel is right in the airport and it is a bit tricky to find the first time. The breakfast selections were plentiful.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed one night on our way "out of town". This is a lovely, clean and quiet hotel.

We arrived about 6 PM and after checking in we took our car to the airport shuttle lot. We were able to leave our car for 14 days for $1 per night. The shuttle driver returned us to the hotel promptly.

The rooms are modern but not over-sized. Nice color scheme of black, white, rust and lime.

The hotel has a beautiful pool in a separate glassed-in building. As much as we wanted to take a swim in this environment we were just a little too tired from packing.

Since we no longer had our car we asked the front desk for menus and we enjoyed decent take out food from a local pizzeria. We ate in the brekfast area and watched TV - it felt very homey.

The staff was excellent wherever we turned. Friendly and outgoing.

The complimentary breakfast is served starting at 4 AM. Plenty to choose from - bagels, cereal, juice, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. There is also 24-hour coffee and tea in the lobby.

In the morning we took the shuttle back to the airport terminal - swift and easy.

This was a terrific stay and I would not hesitate to do it again when travelling from the Rochester airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed at the Fairfield Marriott at the airport for two weekend nights. Hotel was clean and comfortable. A slightly better than continental breakfast was available - things like bagels, toast, belgian waffles, breakfast sandwiches, a variety of juices and cereals. Staff was friendly. Couldn't hear the planes at all, even though the hotel is actually IN the airport. Signage to find the hotel could have been a little better, but once you found it, it was easy in and out. Hotel has an indoor pool and a small fitness center. Pretty good tv selection. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice, clean, comfortable hotel at the Airport. And when I say at the airport, you have to drive thought the airport to get to the hotel. Maybe a little pain in $%@ the 1st time, but after that its not hard at all. I did not hear any airplanes in my room. Another nice Fairfield Inn. A good value for the buck.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business