All reviewsrochester airportan early flightfront deskbreakfast startingbreakfast buffet was typicalroom was cleanthe breakfast areanext morningfree wifi worked wellbagelsbit wornconvenient locationmicrowave and refrigeratorwould stay here againpleasant staystaff was very friendly and helpfulstayed one night
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The best Fairfield I have stayed at is here. Outstandingly comfortable bed usually found in high end hotels. Meticulously clean. I do not know how it is so quiet when it is adjacent to the airport. My group had three rooms and all of us had a similar experience. Very helpful front desk. Breakfast was just ok. The HVAC worked well, but the controls are antiquated. There is some background fan noise from the building, but it is not bothersome. I will stay Herr again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is actually inside the airport next to the car rental return, which makes it a little hard to find. However, it makes returning your car and getting to the airport very easy -- no need to take a shuttle or taxi.
Good: friendly staff, comfortable beds. Also, a great system at the desk which allows you to check in and print your boarding passes, no need to locate a printer and no charge for printing. Free wifi. Good breakfast. Very close to the airport, without a lot of airport noise (although it is a small airport!).
Bad: The bathroom fan is evidently hard-wired, and just runs constantly. The hotel maid came and knocked at the door at 7:45 am to clean -- came back and knocked at 10am, ignoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign that we hung up after her last knock, and she wanted to know when we were leaving! We didn't mind much, but I've never seen a maid ignore the "Do Not Disturb" sign before!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Firstly, the location ... we walked out the door of the airport terminal and crossed the street into the front door of the hotel. How convenient is that!!!!! We had travelled all day from San Francisco via Atlanta to Rochester, so the hotel was a welcomed oasis after a very tiring day. We checked in very late, but the front desk staff was able to help us with a late night takeout order no problem. Next morning, after a great continental breakfast, we checked out via a very friendly front desk staff member. This is a great little hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I'm sorry, I can't give a higher rating to this hotel despite the very nice rooms and other amenities. This Adam at the front desk is absolutely worthless, thoughtless and unhelpful to its customers. All I had wanted was for their "free airport" shuttle to pick me up at the airport but NOT at the normal passenger terminal building. He had said that they could and then NOT when I finally called the hotel. The location was about 1 mi. from this hotel. At 06:30 am, their drivers were on duty. I don't think he ever understood where I wanted to be picked up after expressedly telling dense Adam where the specific address was. So, a $15 cab ride for a mile ride! Then to top this all off, I had arrived at this property and my "king bed" room was NOT available I specifically reserved ahead of time. This wasn't enough. A larger group of people checked out and hoarded ALL of the complimentary breakfast food items like the fresh nice waffles (i.e. batter). I'd imagine that they were catching early a.m. flights out of ROC airport. When I had asked Adam (front desk), he could only come up with, "Sorry, our breakfast person doesn't come in until..." At that point and after being awake ALL night, I just wanted sleep. In summary, if you don't mind being treated this way stay here. The rooms are certainly very comfortable with nice LG HDTVs, a mini refrigerator, very comfy beds, nice furniture, etc... The wi-fi despite showing an excellent signal was too slow. Ethernet (wired) is available. Suppose it helps to have your own extension cable to hook it up though. And, very convenient to the ROC passenger terminal building (you can just walk it - if weather's not too bad). Very disappointing service for a Marriott property with front desk personnel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Airbus300
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I requested a handicapped room. Yes I got one, but it had no air conditioning. They brought up a large noisy fan. No offer to discount the room until I asked and had to "deal" with them. Had a really poor night sleep for $100. Breakfast was not good. There was no coffee at 8 am and selection of food was dismal. We went out to eat after we checked out because we were hungry. The handicapped room was not set up for a handicapped person. It was on the corner of the hotel and had a long hall from the sleeping area to the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family