All reviewsrochester airportan early flightfront deskbreakfast startingbreakfast buffet was typicalroom was cleanthe breakfast areanext morningfree wifi worked wellbagelsbit wornconvenient locationmicrowave and refrigeratorwould stay here againpleasant staystaff was very friendly and helpfulstayed one night
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I'm sorry, I can't give a higher rating to this hotel despite the very nice rooms and other amenities. This Adam at the front desk is absolutely worthless, thoughtless and unhelpful to its customers. All I had wanted was for their "free airport" shuttle to pick me up at the airport but NOT at the normal passenger terminal building. He had said that they could and then NOT when I finally called the hotel. The location was about 1 mi. from this hotel. At 06:30 am, their drivers were on duty. I don't think he ever understood where I wanted to be picked up after expressedly telling dense Adam where the specific address was. So, a $15 cab ride for a mile ride! Then to top this all off, I had arrived at this property and my "king bed" room was NOT available I specifically reserved ahead of time. This wasn't enough. A larger group of people checked out and hoarded ALL of the complimentary breakfast food items like the fresh nice waffles (i.e. batter). I'd imagine that they were catching early a.m. flights out of ROC airport. When I had asked Adam (front desk), he could only come up with, "Sorry, our breakfast person doesn't come in until..." At that point and after being awake ALL night, I just wanted sleep. In summary, if you don't mind being treated this way stay here. The rooms are certainly very comfortable with nice LG HDTVs, a mini refrigerator, very comfy beds, nice furniture, etc... The wi-fi despite showing an excellent signal was too slow. Ethernet (wired) is available. Suppose it helps to have your own extension cable to hook it up though. And, very convenient to the ROC passenger terminal building (you can just walk it - if weather's not too bad). Very disappointing service for a Marriott property with front desk personnel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Airbus300
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I requested a handicapped room. Yes I got one, but it had no air conditioning. They brought up a large noisy fan. No offer to discount the room until I asked and had to "deal" with them. Had a really poor night sleep for $100. Breakfast was not good. There was no coffee at 8 am and selection of food was dismal. We went out to eat after we checked out because we were hungry. The handicapped room was not set up for a handicapped person. It was on the corner of the hotel and had a long hall from the sleeping area to the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kyleemom
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Marriott was full. Jazz festival. Everything was sold out. I dialed Fairfield as a Marriott loyalist. Upon check in, I poked a little fun at the front desk girls, inquiring about a 'Concierge Level.' they were engaging and "apologized" for not being my first choice. I quickly hung my clothes, went down to be picked up by the client for dinner. When I returned, there was a bottle of water, bag of peanuts and a love note from the young ladies at the front desk, welcoming me again. (tongue in cheek.) the room was as clean as any full service Marriott and the front desk ladies were superb. I always notice when people go out of their way for guests. I will remember this Fairfield because the girls were, "remarkable."

Room Tip: Be nice
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business after checking in around midnight. The location couldn't be beat. The check-in staff very nice and pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable, and efficient. Lighting was great for business work. The bathroom was 3 star quality and very clean. The breakfast the next morning was sufficient, not great, and kept my tummy satisfied for the next several hours. I would definitely return to this property if I should find myself in Rochester.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Pros:
- Convenient to the airport.
- Clean and neat.
- Furnishings and fixtures are much better than a typical Fairfield.
- Breakfast starts at 4AM.
- Good HDTV reception.
- Good desk chair.

Cons:
- Room is on the small side and bathroom is tight.
- A little pricier than a typical Fairfield.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Conraveler