“Fantastic Service”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - Rochester North, for a girl's hockey tournament. That was all 17 families!! Although the lobby was under renovations, the staff made it easy for us to find another spot to meet as a team. They were very accomodating and friendly (and as Canadians we know friendly!) The complimentary breakfast was fair, and the rooms were clean. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. As renovations are known to be disruptive, we did carefully plan out and execute many things to minimize guests disruptions. I am pleased to hear our efforts worked. Your patience and understanding during this transition is also greatly appreciated. Our renovations are nearing an end, and they are fantastic. I look forward to your return so you too can see all the changed we did. Thank you again for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you are planning your trips to the Rochester area. I would love to personally oversee your group again.

Nancy Sweazy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed here for a few nights. We'd stay here again if in the area.

The Good: The location is great. Good restaurants nearby and fairly central to a lot of things. Room was clean and cozy. The staff was very friendly and eager to help.

The Bad: Not a fan of the breakfast. It was a little disappointing and not what you expect from a Hampton. We did eat at the tail end of serving but still not great. Breads were stale and hard.

Overall a good stay. Yes, they're doing construction but I don't hold that against them. It's a nice night's sleep and good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to share you experience while staying at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff at our next staff meeting. Our renovation of the new lobby will be completed by the end of the month. I am so excited about our new look and can tell you that this is not the only change impacting our breakfast area. We are preparing to roll out an entire new menu of items to enhance the breakfast experience for our guests. I look forward to your return to the area to be able to show off our new look and new breakfast items. Please feel free to contact me when you are returning to the area, for it would be my pleasure to assist you personally in making your reservations.

binghamton new york
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed one night passing through. Staff was very friendly and the room was clean and quiet. A free breakfast is always a nice thing and the Hampton Inn delivered. Location is right off the highway with many places to eat nearby. Only odd thing was the sign leading to the parking lot said something generic like "enter" and didn't have the Hampton Inn logo, was not obvious that it was the hotel parking lot entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. One of the great things about Rochester, NY is that is is very easy and convenient to get to almost any where. There is actually a funny story about that sign, which if you come back to the area again and stay with us, I would be happy to share over our Complimentary Breakfast and a cup of coffee. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Please come back to visit soon

Yours in Hospitlaity,

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Like the other reviews state this hotel is currently under construction but the staff is friendly and seem to work hard to make your stay comfortable. They also have free internet and free breakfast which are also a big plus. Overall, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am very proud of our staff as the take personal pride in making every guest stay a great one. I hope you come back to see all the new and exciting changes we have in store once our renovations are completed. It is going to be fantastic

lindenhurst
Reviewed October 8, 2013

the hotel was pretty nice although the construction made it look ugly. the staff was pretty friendly, we were not there for long checked in late and checked out early the next day because we had to be somewhere but overall the experience was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we are under renovations to create a newer refreshed hotel lobby experience to all. I hope you come back to see the changes for yourself the next time you are in the area.

Farmington, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a last minute stay on the way home during a long drive. Price was right, but the lobby and breakfast areas were under construction. Room was clean and service was excellent. The breakfast area was moved to some meeting rooms so a little disorganized in the morning. A sign at the street would be helpful for finding the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your patience and understanding for our renovations that are under way. We have taken measures to ensure the renovations have minimal guest impact as possible. I hope you come back to see the new look of our property which should wrap up in the next few short weeks. Please feel free to contact me directly for it would be my pleasure to assist in making your arrangements the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week. Checked in at 3am and front desk was curteous and welcoming. My paperwork was ready to sign upon check-in allowing a quick.depart to room. Room was clean and hotel is in quiet culdesac with 3 other hotels. Location is close to highway for fast off and on.
Only issue I had was during booking when I did check-in on Sunday it was qbout $10 more a night for week then when checking in on Monday. I did a reservation on Sunday for one night and Monday till Thursday and was given lower rate everyday.

• Stayed October 2012
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am so proud of my staff who really embrace being in the customer service industry. I am glad that even at 3am , you were welcomed with warmth and professionalism. I look foward to sharing your comments with our staff at the next staff meeting. Thank you again and we look forward to having the opportunity to host you again.