“Visiting relatives”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. All areas of hotel were very clean and comfortable. The walls must be thick. There was a wedding party staying in the hotel and we heard nothing. The breakfast buffet was better on the weekend than the weekdays. That being said the food selection was standard breakfast bar items. The breakfast coffee needs some improvment regardless. Nice to see they are doing some lobby remodeling. All things being equal I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We have some exciting things planned for our hotel property to improve upon our already great hotel. Our lobby is currently under renovations and when it is completed, in about 6 weeks, it is going to be spectacular. Please come back and see for yourselves the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked our stay at the Hampton Inn to attend a wedding in the area. We were not told or aware that there was extensive remodeling of the lobby going on. Noise and dust greeted us on our arrival. On the way to our room we noticed noticed the dirty elevator and when we got off the elevator noticed overfilled trash recepticals in the hall. Our room was somewhat cleaner but the carpeting needed cleaning. Breakfast was confined to 2 small meeting rooms and was so crowded on the weekend, the majority of guest had to take their food to their rooms to eat. After several days at the hotel we noticed the same trash on our floor near the elevator. On the positive side the staff was very nice and apologetic. Also there was a nice running/walking trail adjacent to the property. This hotel needs to upgrade their housekeeping and do further remodeling such as replacing old carpeting and brightening the hotel up. There are a lot of other hotels in the immediate area but unfortunately we chose this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hampton Inn Rochester North. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn Rochester Team, I greatly apologize that you were not made aware of the construction that was going on. In order to continue to improve upon ourselves, destruction sometimes has to take place to construct a more beautiful product. I know construction is disruptive and sincerely regret that your stay was affected by this. We truly attempt to have this renovations completed quickly and with minimal inconvenience as possible. I appreciate your keen observations that you made as well. It is through guest feedback like yours, where we can truly see where we have room for improvement. I have shared your observations with the staff and there have been significant changes put in place as a result. I would like to personally invite you back to our hotel property when our renovations are complete. I am excited for the new look of our lobby. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to the area. It would be my pleasure to oversee your stay so we can share our Hamptonality with you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was very nice. Hotel staff was wonderful. Excellent food at the onsite restaurant. Shuttle is available to get you where you need to be. I would definitely stay at this property again. #noneedforataxi #greatproperty

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn Rochester Team, thank you for your kind words. I am so proud to be a member of this team and I can’t wait to share your comments with them at our daily morning meeting. Please contact me directly when it comes to visit us again. It would be my pleasure to oversee your reservations personally.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Needed a dog friendly motel while visiting relatives in Rochester, NY. what a find ! The best place ever to not just take a dog along, but there are safe, rarely traveled places to walk the dog. Warm cookies at checkin. a quiet, comfortable place to stay with pleasant staff.

1  Thank birdwidow
Nsweazy1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience while a guest at Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. As being on of the very few hotels in Rochester who are not only pet friendly, but we do not charge additional fees for your pet to stay, we welcome your pet part of the family. With plenty of grassy areas surrounding us plus a walking trail accessible through our parking lot it offers plenty of new areas to explore. Please contact me the next time you return to Rochester for I would be more than pleased to make your reservations personally.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

allthe staff was excellent. anything we needed help with they were there for us, the front desk (betheney) was a plesent to deal with. the breakfast was perfect, it had a little of everything you may want. the staff was on top of filling up everything becouse there was a lot of us.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Alison W

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The Hampton Inn Rochester Staff are among the best people I have ever had the privilege of working with. Our mantra is to embrace and share our Hamptonality. We take great pride in our service and our staff is the best around. I look forward to sharing your comments at our next staff meeting.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. All areas of hotel were very clean and comfortable. Only complaint was having to wait for Sunday breakfast as so many came down around the same time. Also, some groups lingered for over 1 hr. Not considerate.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Pat B

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with Hampton Inn Rochester North. I am glad that , overall you had an enjoyable experience with us. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced at breakfast by the large number of people. I hope you got to enjoy the breakfast even though the circumstances were inconvenient to you. Hotels are always trying to reinvent themselves and bring a better newer product to our travelers. Hampton Inn North is currently under renovations of our new lobby. I hope you come back to visit us to see all the changes we have made and you can enjoy the Hampton Inn Breakfast again .

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at this hotel. This time we had a room with a king bed, plenty of pillows and the bedding was nice and clean. The room overall was fine but the bathroom looked a bit worn. There was some mold in the shower, the shower head doesn't change sprays when on and the nightlight/hair dryer outlet kept tripping when the light for the bathroom was switched on. Our smoke detector made a noise on one of the nights we stayed so my husband let the front desk know, it didn't make any further noise so if it was fixed, we appreciated that. We had plenty of hot water, towels, and the toiletries were always stocked. The staff was polite, helpful and seemed happy to be there. Check in and check out are always simple, we booked online both times we've stayed, this works out well. Each morning before starting out on our day we had breakfast at the hotel. Bagels, tea, coffee, cereal... all just fine. When we are back in the area, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan3295

Thank you for returning to Hampton Inn North. Your comments and observations are greatly appreciated. I have shared not only the most current comments but also I again shared your comments from your last stay as well. We are always striving to improve upon ourselves and it is through the candid feedback that we get back that aids us in doing our jobs better. So I thank you again for your time and consideration. I do have some exciting news to share with you. As we always try to improves ourselves and bring you a better hotel stay, we are currently under renovations. Our first phase is a lobby renovation. I am so excited to see the end result that I can’t wait to share it with you. I also can share that bathroom renovations are currently under consideration and review. We have many more surprises in store for the future. I hope you come back to visit us in the future to experience all the exciting changes we have in store.