“Clean”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Warm, fresh cookies on the counter when we arrived. Just what we needed after a long day's travel. Breakfast was very nice, and we especially appreciated the buttermilk biscuits cut in half, making it easy to add the precooked eggs and sausage patty for a nice breakfast sandwich. We were disppointed that we missed the complementary pulled pork BBQ Sandwich on the night of arrival (since we arrived to late).

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night. We found the room to be very clean and had up-to-date furnishings. The staff at the desk were all very polite and helpful. Every staff member we talked to always wanted to chat with us and never seemed in a rush. The fresh cookies on the counter were a bonus. I thought our king bed was pretty comfortable by hotel standards. I liked that the room had a microfridge and a coffee maker. We did not swim in the pool which seemed a bit cloudy, but we did sit in the hot tub which again seemed clean by hotel standards. My only complaint is that there were no towels in the pool area when we went in the morning, but the front desk staff had no problem running to get us some. This hotel was better than average and much nicer than I expected. Also, this hotel is 18+ which is pretty rare for hotels in this area, a fact which we really appreciated as we are both 20.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Breakfast was fine. King sized bed felt lumpy - but was ok. Staff helpful, room clean.
Bathroom was good. Love the fresh cookies and coffee maker.
No discernible street noise.

My main complaint was that I need an electrical outlet by the bed. I had to phone the Front Desk to ask if there were any outlets at all. apparently there was one BEHIND the couch which we had to move. POOR DESIGN !!!!

The people next door were very noisy, slamming doors etc. However, 20 seconds after calling the Front Desk they were quiet. So good job there !!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow! I just read a recent review about how bad this hotel was. I'm shocked! My family, and the rest of our group of 13 rooms, had a great stay! The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. My family stayed in a King Suite with a pull out couch, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The only negatives I had were the room was a bit on the small side and the bathroom could have been a tad cleaner (hair stuck to the shower wall). The room size didn't matter because the team rented the meeting room and all got together for dinner and games there. Breakfast was great too! Eggs, potatoes, cereals, muffins, waffles... What more could you want? The boys liked the pool and I didn't hear any complaining of too much chlorine. The beds were comfortable, bedding nice, and there was not alot of outside noise. One family in our group had a complaint of food left in their fridge from the last people to use their room. Someone came right up and cleaned it out and they actually got their room comped for that first night.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Hampton Inn on business with colleagues. Not only was the hotel clean, quiet and comfortable, but also the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. On my first morning, I needed to print a last-minute report and discovered the printer in the business center was out of toner. I was ready to print elsewhere and just informed reception that the toner was out. He immediately went to the business center and replaced the cartridge. The printer was up and running within 2 minutes - above and beyond what I expected! The following day, we returned to the hotel after a site visit and planned to debrief our work in the lobby. The manager immediately came over and offered us access to one of their conference rooms for free. We would have been fine in the lobby, but being able to use a quiet, private space for our meeting made things much easier. These are just two examples from our stay, but across the board the staff were friendly and supportive. We're a low-key team that doesn't look for much, so this was a nice surprise. My team and I need to visit Rochester/Greece several more times this year, and I'm certain we will be using this Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very clean and well run property. Staff was very accomodating starting with Arial at the front desk. They did a good job setting up the event room and room where food and coffee was. Janel went out of her way to insure we were satified. She did a great job! Helped make our event successful.

Gordon S.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Driving down the highway and needed a room to stay. Used my Hampton Inns app on my smart phone and found this hotel. CAlled and made a reservation, upon my arrival my checkin was smooth. The pool area was clean. Overall very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
tevans01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear David P.,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to reveiw your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Rochester North/NY. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your reservation and check in process was efficient. We hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to the Rochester area!

Best Regards,