“Great Service! Family Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

and 1 more site!
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
“Great Service! Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 4 Nights during NYSSMA All State weekend. Hotel was sold out & busy, but the staff were very friendly esp the Front Desk with extraordinary service from Frankie A who dealt with changes quickly & professionally, and was always cheerful & greeted is by name!

Parking was easy, and Hotel restaurant basic, but good food and service. Rooms clean and comfy.

Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! Frankie does a great job taking care of our guests and I am glad that he was able to exceed your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip to Rochester.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Staying at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside for the first time for the Frozen Frontier series of outdoor hockey games starting on Friday night through the weekend. Took the Amtrak train from Niagara Falls, and the shuttle van was there a short time later at the Amtrak station.

AJ, the Executive Housekeeper, and Walleska took great care of me on my first day here at the Front Desk. Room 1139, a king bedded room with a Sleep Number Bed (adjustable settings), a refrigerator, microwave, and newly renovated furnishings from a chair, ottoman, brand new furniture, TV set, and the bathroom was very nicely renovated and laid out as well. Housekeeping is particularly outstanding here with a solid effort to have the rooms clean and ready by 3 p.m. check-in. The value from Priceline was outstanding

Legends Bar and Grill provided a good introduction to very nice cuisine. Had a special of a grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes and green beans. A soup bar was offered with a tomato bisque soup and a vegetable soup with some sausage in it. A served salad was also offered with a very nice mixture of greens and plenty of blue cheese salad dressing on the side. Service was outstanding here as well with the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager there to help me identify the soups and be of assistance as dinner began at 5 p.m.

Must thank Aubreyanna Curtis, a Catering Sales Manager, and Jessica Reed, a newly hired Weddings Coordinator, for all of their help and support of this first time stay! Will meet with them later on in the stay to tour the beautifully renovated function facilities, including a beautiful Riverview Ballroom.

Hotel is very convenient to the local buses (right outside the door and nearby), the shuttle service also covers the airport, train, bus stations, along with Frontier Field for the hockey games over the weekend (be sure to reserve the day that you want them with the Front Desk).

Walleska of the Front Desk decorated the Hotel's Christmas tree, and it is beautiful! Very impressed with the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside in every way and look forward to the rest of my stay, along with a return visit in 2014 either for the Atlantic Hockey Tournament and/or for the Wegmans' LPGA.

The staff truly enjoys their work and it showed on the first day of my stay!

Room Tip: As in all hotels, request a higher floor for quieter sleep. The Sleep Number Bed, along with a refr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded and that you recognized the many improvements that have been made over the past several years! We are extremely proud of the efforts of our entire team and will be sure to share your feedback with each of them! We look forward to your next visit!
tiggermyron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We made a family trip out of an event my son participated in here. At first we were a bit put off by the downtown location. But the moment we stepped inside, we were pleased...beautiful, modern, clean with a terrific staff. Front desk went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. Room was spotless and beautifully updated. Housekeeping requests were delivered effortlessly. Bathroom was basic but very clean. Paid parking in the attached parking structure made coming and going a breeze. Everywhere we drove was only a short distance away and we found some great attractions and restaurants nearby. We tried the restaurant and bar area and the staff were friendly and food was good. Wonderful choice for a Rochester stay.

Stayed December 2013
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our property clean and well maintained. I am very proud of the efforts of our entire team and their ability to provide friendly service! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently had a chance to stay at this wonderful establishment for a conference. The entire staff treated me like I was a regular guest even though it was my first time there. The food was wonderful and the buffet breakfast was great way to start the day. I know where I am going to stay the next time I am in Rochester without a doubt one of the nicest experience with a hotel I have had in a long time

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your recommendation! I will be sure to pass along your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester.
Victor, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was here for a SUNY SA conference and I have to say the level of service was excellent. I left some money there and the staff was very helpful and returned it to me (in full) via mail. I had a great time. Along with that it's in a great location in Rochester, right by Dinosaur BBQ, and the river (hence Riverside).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Alexander
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. I am so glad that our team was able to assist you in returning your money and am very proud of the honesty of everyone at the Radisson. I will be sure to pass along your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester.
Holden, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My recent stay (11/4-11/8) at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
was a most happy time. Your staff is exceptional with special notice to
Walleska, who helped me with my room at check-in. I also want to
thank Manager Danuel Taylor, who is always attentive to my needs.
He is a go-to guy for problem solving at the hotel. When I see Dan on-duty, I know the hotel is in capable hands.
Very happy with my 11th floor river-view room, and housekeeping
staff. Food service is very good, although I would like to see more
variety on the menu.
I come to Rochester approx. twice a year. I always choose
the Riverside for its quiet comfortable rooms, service and great staff.

Room Tip: 11th floor rooms comfortable, quiet. I especially liked staying in room 1150 this visit. Wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ishmael44
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! Dan and Walleska do a great job taking care of our guests and I am glad that they were able to exceed your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip to Rochester.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well I was staying because of a conference and the three days I stayed there was phenomenal. I had a great time with all my friends. My room was very very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. on my last day I decided to order breakfast, and the food was huge and delicious. I really loved the cleanliness every corner of the hotel. Overall I had a great experience there.

Room Tip: Get a room that over looks the river :P
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded and that you recognized the many improvements that have been made over the past several years! We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels!