“Student Perspective”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Victor, New York, United States
“Student Perspective”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was here for a SUNY SA conference and I have to say the level of service was excellent. I left some money there and the staff was very helpful and returned it to me (in full) via mail. I had a great time. Along with that it's in a great location in Rochester, right by Dinosaur BBQ, and the river (hence Riverside).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Alexander
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. I am so glad that our team was able to assist you in returning your money and am very proud of the honesty of everyone at the Radisson. I will be sure to pass along your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Holden, MA
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My recent stay (11/4-11/8) at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
was a most happy time. Your staff is exceptional with special notice to
Walleska, who helped me with my room at check-in. I also want to
thank Manager Danuel Taylor, who is always attentive to my needs.
He is a go-to guy for problem solving at the hotel. When I see Dan on-duty, I know the hotel is in capable hands.
Very happy with my 11th floor river-view room, and housekeeping
staff. Food service is very good, although I would like to see more
variety on the menu.
I come to Rochester approx. twice a year. I always choose
the Riverside for its quiet comfortable rooms, service and great staff.

Room Tip: 11th floor rooms comfortable, quiet. I especially liked staying in room 1150 this visit. Wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ishmael44
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! Dan and Walleska do a great job taking care of our guests and I am glad that they were able to exceed your expectations! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip to Rochester.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well I was staying because of a conference and the three days I stayed there was phenomenal. I had a great time with all my friends. My room was very very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. on my last day I decided to order breakfast, and the food was huge and delicious. I really loved the cleanliness every corner of the hotel. Overall I had a great experience there.

Room Tip: Get a room that over looks the river :P
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded and that you recognized the many improvements that have been made over the past several years! We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels!
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything about the room and facilities was excellent, as one would expect. The staff is what makes this Radisson exceptional. Everyone from the chambermaids to the desk staff were polite, responsive, and helpful.

The location is great for the convention center but in a pretty boring downtown locale for vacationers.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the river side have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and outstanding customer service. I am very proud of the efforts of the entire Radisson Team! Safe travels!
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were visiting U of R for college visit --- and we were walk ins and the people at the front desk (Jennifer M and Jay) were a delight! Also, the hotel had a comfortable bed, nice showerhead and good soap and shampoo/conditioner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded! I will be sure to share your comments with Jen and J! We hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 27, 2013

From the very start...Awesome. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the Rochester Airport. Ken, the driver, was great! Friendly and very helpful. During my stay...Excellent! The front desk staff was always smiling, friendly, and extremely helpful! Welleska, Nadia, Jennifer, and Jay went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and stress free! The hotel shuttle driver, Harman, was always there to take me to where I needed to go within the downtown area. He was courteous and smiling the whole time. Dan, the manager, was always there when I needed any assistance, no matter how small. The hotel is at a good location and the persons mentioned above made my stay comfortable and stress free. I will definitely stay here again when I am in Rochester!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank George M
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are so pleased that you found our front desk and transportation staff friendly and accommodating! I will be sure to pass along your kind words! We look forward to your next visit to Rochester and appreciate your loyalty!
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

All of our guests attending my daughters wedding stayed here over the Columbus weekend.
We had many issues. The breakfast planned for the morning after the wedding was a disaster!
The coupons that stated Monday Morning were accepted Sunday morning also because so many coupons were stuffed in the wedding bags by the staff.
I was double charged on a room and some of the cleaning staff were rude.
Nik Reynolds, the wedding coordinator, handled all of these issues and all was resolved.
If you book rooms for a wedding here, go right to Nik, he is efficient and capable.
On a good note, beds were great and lots of towels.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We appreciate your recent comments that were posted on Trip Advisor! We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments. That being said, I am glad the Nik was able to overcome these challenges and ensure that your expectations were exceeded! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him.