“The Staff!”

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
New Paltz, New York
“The Staff!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything about the room and facilities was excellent, as one would expect. The staff is what makes this Radisson exceptional. Everyone from the chambermaids to the desk staff were polite, responsive, and helpful.

The location is great for the convention center but in a pretty boring downtown locale for vacationers.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the river side have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and outstanding customer service. I am very proud of the efforts of the entire Radisson Team! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were visiting U of R for college visit --- and we were walk ins and the people at the front desk (Jennifer M and Jay) were a delight! Also, the hotel had a comfortable bed, nice showerhead and good soap and shampoo/conditioner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded! I will be sure to share your comments with Jen and J! We hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 27, 2013

From the very start...Awesome. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the Rochester Airport. Ken, the driver, was great! Friendly and very helpful. During my stay...Excellent! The front desk staff was always smiling, friendly, and extremely helpful! Welleska, Nadia, Jennifer, and Jay went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and stress free! The hotel shuttle driver, Harman, was always there to take me to where I needed to go within the downtown area. He was courteous and smiling the whole time. Dan, the manager, was always there when I needed any assistance, no matter how small. The hotel is at a good location and the persons mentioned above made my stay comfortable and stress free. I will definitely stay here again when I am in Rochester!!

1 Thank George M
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are so pleased that you found our front desk and transportation staff friendly and accommodating! I will be sure to pass along your kind words! We look forward to your next visit to Rochester and appreciate your loyalty!
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

All of our guests attending my daughters wedding stayed here over the Columbus weekend.
We had many issues. The breakfast planned for the morning after the wedding was a disaster!
The coupons that stated Monday Morning were accepted Sunday morning also because so many coupons were stuffed in the wedding bags by the staff.
I was double charged on a room and some of the cleaning staff were rude.
Nik Reynolds, the wedding coordinator, handled all of these issues and all was resolved.
If you book rooms for a wedding here, go right to Nik, he is efficient and capable.
On a good note, beds were great and lots of towels.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We appreciate your recent comments that were posted on Trip Advisor! We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments. That being said, I am glad the Nik was able to overcome these challenges and ensure that your expectations were exceeded! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I just wanted to write to let everyone know what an amazing staff the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside has!!! We hold an annual meeting every October and they never let us down. EVERY single staff member is wonder and willing to go above and beyond to make our event a success!!!! From Jennifer our contact to Paula the banquet captain to Amad in set up - they are all great!!!

1 Thank Kati T
Kati
Thank you for your feedback regarding your annual meeting! We appreciate your loyalty and always look forward to working with you! I will be sure to pass along your comments to Paula and Jennifer! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Marion, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

For the price this hotel is an excellent deal!

The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are up to date, comfortable, reasonably quiet and there are sleep number beds available. The hotel is dated but well kept. The Linens and towel s are new or near to new. The water pressure is great and the staff fixed a couple minor issues immediately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our property clean and well maintained. I am very proud of the efforts of our entire team and their ability to provide friendly service! Safe Travels!
Philadelphia PA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Did I miss anything? No, I don't think so. The actual building is old. This would not be a problem if it was maintained. This however, it has been a bit let go.

Front desk staff most pleasant and helpful. What a treat. Professional.

Then it all went too hell more quickly than I was comfortable with. The garage is attached. Convenient. Having said that, the spots are ridiculously small. Like if you own a large SUV you may have trouble. I have driven and parked extensively in Europe. These spots are about that size. Laughed with people getting out of their car before the driver parked. Hmm.

The elevator is a bit rickety. There are four of them. This describes all of them. Doesn't matter which one you pick.

The room we received was a good size. No issue with that. The carpet has seen better days. There were stains on the furniture that were unidentifiable in origin. Soda? Blood? Coffee? Who knows. The wallpaper was patched. Patched well, but patched. I then opened the drapes. The windows were dirty. Not just a little dirty. Filthy. Write your name on it on it dirty. Of course the dirt is on the outside, so you couldn't write your name on it.

The bathroom was clean and full of fluffy clean towels. Thank you. However the tub drained more slowly than I could believe. A short shower left water up to my ankles. Gross.

It was late, so lets eat at 'Legends', the restaurant I thought. I thought wrong. The service was not slow. It was glacial. We lost interest in eating and would have cancelled our order and left, but there was no one to tell. Eventually plates appeared one at a time. No explanation.

At three different points I walked outside of the hotel, along the river (interesting), and in the city. Each time I was accosted by panhandlers looking for change. At one point they lined up to ask me for change. Very polite of them, but still unnerving. Yeesh. They seemed much more concentrated around the hotel than in other areas of the city. Very little open on the weekend in the area of shops. Not an active area by any stretch.

No issue with checkout. No unusual or unexpected charges. Again, thank you.

This is just an old property in need of some very expensive and needed TLC.

Room Tip: Ask if there are remodeled rooms? Stay away from loud elevators!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tantalum129
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I and am disappointed that your experience was not a favorable one. We will continue to work on improving our product and service as well as work with the downtown community to improve the atmosphere outside of our property. That being said, I am glad that our Front Desk team was able to assist in making your stay better. Since it is our goal to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied, I would like to personally invite you back to our property at a future date to show what our team can do. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to make your reservation.