“October Meeting 2014”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I just wanted to write to let everyone know what an amazing staff the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside has!!! We hold an annual meeting every October and they never let us down. EVERY single staff member is wonder and willing to go above and beyond to make our event a success!!!! From Jennifer our contact to Paula the banquet captain to Amad in set up - they are all great!!!

1  Thank Kati T
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Kati
Thank you for your feedback regarding your annual meeting! We appreciate your loyalty and always look forward to working with you! I will be sure to pass along your comments to Paula and Jennifer! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Reviewed October 21, 2013

For the price this hotel is an excellent deal!

The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are up to date, comfortable, reasonably quiet and there are sleep number beds available. The hotel is dated but well kept. The Linens and towel s are new or near to new. The water pressure is great and the staff fixed a couple minor issues immediately.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our property clean and well maintained. I am very proud of the efforts of our entire team and their ability to provide friendly service! Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Did I miss anything? No, I don't think so. The actual building is old. This would not be a problem if it was maintained. This however, it has been a bit let go.

Front desk staff most pleasant and helpful. What a treat. Professional.

Then it all went too hell more quickly than I was comfortable with. The garage is attached. Convenient. Having said that, the spots are ridiculously small. Like if you own a large SUV you may have trouble. I have driven and parked extensively in Europe. These spots are about that size. Laughed with people getting out of their car before the driver parked. Hmm.

The elevator is a bit rickety. There are four of them. This describes all of them. Doesn't matter which one you pick.

The room we received was a good size. No issue with that. The carpet has seen better days. There were stains on the furniture that were unidentifiable in origin. Soda? Blood? Coffee? Who knows. The wallpaper was patched. Patched well, but patched. I then opened the drapes. The windows were dirty. Not just a little dirty. Filthy. Write your name on it on it dirty. Of course the dirt is on the outside, so you couldn't write your name on it.

The bathroom was clean and full of fluffy clean towels. Thank you. However the tub drained more slowly than I could believe. A short shower left water up to my ankles. Gross.

It was late, so lets eat at 'Legends', the restaurant I thought. I thought wrong. The service was not slow. It was glacial. We lost interest in eating and would have cancelled our order and left, but there was no one to tell. Eventually plates appeared one at a time. No explanation.

At three different points I walked outside of the hotel, along the river (interesting), and in the city. Each time I was accosted by panhandlers looking for change. At one point they lined up to ask me for change. Very polite of them, but still unnerving. Yeesh. They seemed much more concentrated around the hotel than in other areas of the city. Very little open on the weekend in the area of shops. Not an active area by any stretch.

No issue with checkout. No unusual or unexpected charges. Again, thank you.

This is just an old property in need of some very expensive and needed TLC.

Room Tip: Ask if there are remodeled rooms? Stay away from loud elevators!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tantalum129

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I and am disappointed that your experience was not a favorable one. We will continue to work on improving our product and service as well as work with the downtown community to improve the atmosphere outside of our property. That being said, I am glad that our Front Desk team was able to assist in making your stay better. Since it is our goal to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied, I would like to personally invite you back to our property at a future date to show what our team can do. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to make your reservation.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visited this hotel in November 2010 during visit to Niagara falls. Hotel is in good location, near downtown of Rochester, good place but not much crowd around. I expected lots of shops open late night, activity in downtown, maybe it was winter , so people would have preferred to stay in. interior is good, reception also good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Raj201984
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and our team was able to provide you with top notch service! We are working closely with our city officials to increase development within the downtown core and are excited about what the future holds for Downtown Rochester! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotels lives up to what you expect from a 3 star hotel: full service, comfortable, although not necessarily a wow experience in any way. Beds and linens are comfortable, but sheets and covers are starting to show wear. Water pressure in bathroom is very good, and the towels are of high quality, but bath amenities are cheap, and you can see them save corners in materials, such as plastic bath knob. Room is newly carpeted and feels fresh. It could have been a nice Genesee River/City view, but the exterior of room window is dirtiest I've ever seen from any hotel. My main issue with the hotel is the area where this Radisson is located. It doesn't feel safe to walk around at night. Unless I am around for business, I wouldn't want to stay in this hotel because of the surrounding area. The hotel tries its best, though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank drpoints
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you found you guest room comfortable. We continue to work with the City of Rochester and other stakeholders to improve the downtown core and expect significant improvements in the coming years as it relates to the safety and security of visitors. In addition, we are in the process of scheduling window cleaning and are hopeful to have this project completed prior to your next stay at our property. Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Old (in need of refurbishing) hotel in downtown Rochester. Can forgive a number of things but the windows was so filthy that you could barely see out. Call to general manager said they were aware and 'working on it'. Also restaurant badly in need of update. Looks like last was in mid 80s. Staff was nice and took off my $20 standby upgrade...for of all things a better view! :-)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dbeals

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I am glad that you found our team friendly but am disappointed with your perception of our property. We are in the process of scheduling window cleaning and have plans for refurbishing our restaurant in the coming year. Since our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their experience, please reach out to me directly the next time you visit Rochester and I will personally ensure your expectations are exceeded.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This section of Rochester was bustling about 10 years ago but unfortunately there is no longer much going on other than Dinosaur BBQ which is a short walk. The hotel itself is badly in need of a refresh. I stayed in an upgraded room. The door lock did not work and it took the staff nearly 30 minutes to get into the room. The carpet and furniture was very dated. It was clean but very dark. The hotel staff was very friendly but if you are going to stay in Rochester you are much better staying in one of the newer properties in the suburbs where you will find much more going on and much newer properties. It was bad enough that I cut my stay here short and moved to another hotel.

1  Thank Caleb B
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We continue to work with the City of Rochester and other stakeholders to improve the downtown core and expect significant improvements in the coming years. As it relates to you stay at our property, I am looking into the issue with your door lock as well as the quality of your room product as we recently renovated all of our guestrooms. Since our goal is to provide 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me the next time that you are in town and I will personally ensure that you expectations are exceeded.