“Very good stay”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Very good stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson for business, 2nights, in June 2013.I was very pleased with my stay. The service is very good, Rooms are clean and the restaurant on 1st floor is ok when you have to stay there to eat. Was kind of disappointed with the buffet at breakfast though..The A/C unit in the bedroom was leaking but it was still ok with humidity in the room.
another important thing: shuttles for the airport leave on time! I asked for a 5am departure and it was exactly 5 when we left the hotel to go to the airport. You can always get cabs at the hotel too. I would come back.

Room Tip: Nice view from the 15th floor (if you are club member).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Olli_66
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you were pleased with the service that our associates provided to you during your stay. That being said, I am disappointed that our breakfast buffet did not exceed your expectations. I have addressed this concern with our culinary team so that we can provide a better experience during your next visit. Thanks again for your comments and please contact me directly the next time you are in town and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I would like to take a few moments of your time to point out several people (Dan-night manager, Camil-security, Henry also security, and Sidney-front desk/customer service) who are outstanding and honest. Who reflect that Radisson Riverside has a great team of people. I lost my tablet, which is almost equivalent to losing one's car keys, or locking your keys in the car with the car running late at night. Needless to say it contains a lot of important and personal information and family pictures. It would have been a real disaster for me. I thanked each of them, and express my relief as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Alex M
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I am glad that our team was able to accommodate your needs during your recent stay! We appreciate your feedback! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Dan, Camil, Henry and Sydney. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their experience. We look forward to your next visit to our property!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

the front desk staff is very good, i had some confusion and they were able to end my problem quite respectfully. the conference staff were very helpful and always available or close-by. but the conference room was very cold. i don't know if that was done to keep the attendees awake or there was a problem with the controls. the meals were excellent, again the staff was friendly and happy to serve us. the staff is also very honest and the security staff is very good as well.

Room Tip: this is a very high property ( 14? floors) so with any place after the 3 or 4 floor street noise goe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve E
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed the conference that you attended. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team! Thank you and safe travels!
Denver
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I got in late at and was very happy with the service. Airport pick up at midnight and a helpful and friendly staff. I went straight to bed. Good thing because if I had seen the room before falling asleep I wouldn't have slept well. When I woke up I was confronted by a long black hair staring me in the face from the blanket. Gross. I went to put on my running shoes and found a toe nail clipping right there on the floor in front of the chair. Had I not already ordered breakfast the night before, there is NO WAY I would have eaten in this room. It arrived on time and was tasty enough, until another hair was discovered under the sausage. Perhaps I should worry that my hair is falling out and completely changing color and texture, or maybe the cleaning and kitchen crews need some re-training. And since I'm now critical of this hotel, the linens are really subpar for a hotel charging $175/night.

On the upside, the service was good, the views are nice, and the gym was in good shape. The pool looked nice too, but it was raining so I didn't go in.

All in all, I expected far more out of a Radisson. I don't need upscale, I just need clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristen T
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed the service that our team provided you but am disappointed that the cleanliness that you experienced was unsatisfactory. I will be sure to review your concerns with the housekeeping and culinary teams. Please contact me directly the next time you are in town and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction.
Rochester
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just hosted a wedding of 175+ guests and the Hotel Staff was exceptional. In particular, Allie Bonacquisti was just outstanding throughout the wedding planning process and during the day of the event. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The wedding suite for the bride and groom was the size of small apartment, with a great view of the City and the River. We highly recommend Radisson Riverside for anyone considering a wedding in the Rochester area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West have the best view of the River. Our room was 1229 and it was ideal.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob S
We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your daughter’s recent wedding reception and stay at our property! It is our goal to ensure that our guest’s expectations are exceeded in every area! I am glad that our associates were able to assist. Thank you so much for your recommendation and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Allison and the entire Radisson Team!
Pine City
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Thank you for your superior customer service. The front desk staff, the "Legends" restaurant staff, and the custodial staff I encountered were very accommodating. The parking garage is for experienced drivers only - extremely narrow spaces and low overhead. The New York State Loving Education At Home (LEAH) Annual Convention along with the 2013 High School Graduation Ceremony was held on June 1, 2013. The location, excellent accommodations and superior customer service makes this a "must stay" for any visit to Rochester.

Room Tip: Room number 827 is directly off the elevator (convenience), excellent pool view and has a good view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen C
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms and are staff was so accommodating! We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip to Rochester.
Sauquoit
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the New York Library Association/Section of School Librarians Conference. The staff was very helpful throughout the 3 days I was there. The bellman was especially helpful in getting luggage and accumulated bags from my room to my car. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 750KarenS
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad you’re your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We truly have a great team and I will pass along your kind words to the Bell Staff! Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester!