“Inattentive service and noisy”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Grand Isle, Vermont
“Inattentive service and noisy”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My room was a decent size and quality. Internet access was reasonably fast. The shower was more in line with a mid-size than upscale hotel. The only restaurant on premises is a sports bar. However, given the noise and slow service I would be hesitant to come back. At front desk people on the phone are clearly more important to the staff than the people queued up in front of them. The hotel had two boisterous weddings spilling over everywhere. It’s clear from advertising that they cater to weddings. But this led to unacceptable noise late into the night. Someone was wandering the halls yelling and swearing at a bit after 11. Police visited the room across from mine at 11:45 pm and noise from partiers continued on and off all night. People in the room next to mine were in and out until 2 am. I know this because the rooms are so poorly insulated for sound that when they opened their door, it sounded as if someone was coming in my room. Note that I was seven floors away from the receptions. Since the hotel handles weddings frequently, I would hope that would have policies and procedures in place to minimize these problems. For example, business travelers could be put on different floors that wedding attendees. But I saw no evidence that they have thought about these things.

Room Tip: Away from elevators.
1 Thank elm4154
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! Although I am glad that you enjoyed the quality of your guestroom, I am disappointed that you did not feel our staff handled the noise complaints to your satisfaction. We take these issues very seriously and have and will continue to ensure that our team takes measures to ensure that all of our guests have a peaceful stay. As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to invite you back to our property the next time you are in Rochester. Please contact me directly to make your reservation and I will ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
Vestal, New York, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am staying at the Radisson to attend Science workshops. When I got here I realized that I needed some help getting my materials to my room. Two men who work for the hotel were in the elevator and they both said they would help. Great job. Then I realized that I needed a screwdriver to fix one of my tools. Matthew Howland at the lobby desk took care of the problem. I was very pleased with the service.

Room Tip: Great view from the upper floors.
1 Thank Mary J
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad that our staff was helpful and will pass along your kinds word to Matthew Howland. Safe Travels.
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

They need a trash can in the lobby. That seems like such a small thing to complain about but really?; this should be standard stuff. Otherwise the staff is very friendly. The location is great! Your right downtown, on the river, within walking distance of a lot of fun stuff to do.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your recent comments that were posted on Trip Advisor! We are glad that you had a nice stay and enjoyed our friendly staff. Although we currently have several trash cans just outside the entrance to the hotel, we will look into obtaining several trash cans for inside the lobby. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Atlanta
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Accomodations were nice. However, the restaurant in the hotel has a tiny selection of mediocre, overpriced food. Also, the hotel charged me extra for parking even though I didn't have a car. Even though I mentioned this at checkout and they fixed it, they still charged my credit card for it, and then wouldn't return my calls.

1 Thank Shelly A
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations but am disappointed that you found our restaurant menu limited. We are in the process of revamping our menu. As it relates to your parking charge, I am sorry that this was not handled upon your departure. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally take care of it.
Atlanta
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for work and had a personal issue that needed to be resolved. Rebekah at the front desk was extremely helpful and went over and beyond to help me, even before I arrived at the hotel. Israel, the driver, also went over and beyond to help me once I arrived. My thanks to both! Being in customer service myself, and spending a lot of time in different hotels, it is great to see that people still care!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided you with excellent customer service! I am very proud of our team and will pass your kind words about Rebekah and Isreal to them. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The shuttle service from the airport to the hotel made my arrival stress free after a long international flight.

Checking in and out was handled professionally at all stages, nothing was too much trouble for the front desk staff!
My room was spacious clean.
All aspects of catering and restaraunt services were really good. All Staff and especially Shaneri and her team gave of their best!!

Room Tip: This is an excellent central Rohcester location. It enabled me to participate in Rochester's cul...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric P
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the TripAdvisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Shaneri. Safe Travels.
Ottawa
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Pretty much a typical American hotel. It was conveniently connected by a skywalk to the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. The room was pretty standard. The air conditioner was effective but quite noisy, since the fan was either off or on at high speed. There was a small safe that was too small to fit a laptop, and it had a bent key that made it too unreliable to use. I had some early morning traffic noise from the adjoining street, although there is not that much traffic in downtown Rochester. Check-in was a bit hectic because there was no clear place to line up -- some people waited politely, others went directly to a clerk; a rope line would help. Upon check-out, the bill was detailed and accurate.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river, it will be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay. I am disappointed that you were not able to provide us with a rating of 5. I have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping Team and am confident in our ability to improve. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded.