“Wonderful”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference. The room was great - spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful (even when dealing with a large volume of guests). Good service even continued after I checked out: I left a couple of shirts in the room and Security arranged to have them sent to me by UPS.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad you’re your conference was successful and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We truly have a great team and I will pass along your kind words to them. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside was everything we expected and more. Unfortunatley we didn't book far enough in advance and could only get 2 of our 3 night stay there in Rochester. Our 12th floor room overlooked the city with all of its old world architecture and magnificent churches. The hotel was beautful and provided excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for the feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our newly renovated property! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you found your stay enjoyable. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Packing up to head home from our stay here and noticed a small, brown quickly moving spot on the blanket. Snatched it, googled it and behold, it was indeed a bedbug. Took it down to the mgr. They refunded our stay. However, despite a herculean effort on our part to avoid bringing them into our house, they moved in. Thousands of $$ later, the hotel was totally disinterested in paying for any of this. Steer clear of this hotel! You do not want bedbugs in your house.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank photomama60

Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are disappointed that you did not feel our staff handled your concerns to your satisfaction. Guestroom cleanliness is of our highest priority. Accordingly, we take these issues very seriously and have and will continue to take a variety of measures that ensure that isolated occurrences of this nature do not occur at our property. As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to invite you back to our property the next time you are in Rochester. Please contact me directly to make your reservation and I will ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This has got to be one of the shabbiest hotels I have ever stayed in. There is little or no sound insulation between the rooms, wallpaper on the 15th floor just outside the lift is hanging off, and room 1521 which is supposedly non smoking, smells of cigarettes. As a non smoker this is totally un acceptable and I hope they don't try to charge me for deep cleaning the room at a cost of $250.
Seals in windows have all failed.
Lamp shade in the room is torn and ripped.
Put up with this for one night only, should have been 3, but checked out after 1 night.
Overall room quality is poor.
On the plus side cannot fault food or service in the restaurant.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geoff H

We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! We are disappointed that your stay did not exceed your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping teams. Please contact me directly the next time that you are in Rochester and I would be happy to personally ensure that you are 100% satisfied.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

As an airline flight crew member, it is crucial that we have a comfortable and noise free environment in which to rest. We arrived at 13:00 and had an early wake up at 04:30, the next morning, for a 13:00 duty day the. Initially, got to sleep very early in a quiet comfortable room. At approximately 1:45 am, I woke up to very loud music coming from a vehicle parked down the street, outside my window. I called the front desk to complain and they had hotel security on the issue immediately! Within 15 minutes the noise stopped and I was able to get some more sleep.

Mr Chris Smith, the security person on duty that night, responded quickly and effectively. This was the fastest response to a noise complaint I have witnessed in my 22 years with the airlines.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! It is our goal to ensure that our guests feel at home during their stay at our property. I am glad that Chris was able to assist you and will pass along your kind words to him. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit! Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been to this hotel at least once a year for many years. The management seems to continually keep putting money back into this property as the facility has gotten better and better over the years. The staff is helpful and courteous. I would recommend this hotel for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your loyalty and are glad that you have seen continual improvement in the quality of our product and service throughout the years. Our ownership is committed to continued reinvestment in our property and I am very proud of our team's ability to provide exceptional service. We look forward to your next visit to The Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had an event there and the service was out of this world. We've hosted the Addy's for many years at this venue and the staff has always been right there beside us every step of the way. From Banquets & IT to Engineering the staff was a pleasure to work with.

The newly renovated ballrooms are out of this world. The best in Rochester!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your loyalty and are glad that you have seen continual improvement in our product and service. We look forward to your next visit!