“Great Location, friendly staff.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Location, friendly staff.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had never been to Rochester before and my wife and I stayed there because it was close to a show we were seeing nearby. The desk agent gave us a room on the riverview side and we were happy with that choice. Best part of this experience was the staff. Very nice, very helpful with directions and suggestions. Bed was comfortable. I would stay there again. Sean

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our newly renovated property! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you found your stay and first visit to Rochester enjoyable. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was there for a conference and the hotel provided excellent service, they were very considerate and did all that was asked of them. The room was clean and comfortable with the only downside being that I could hear the TV from the neighboring room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad you’re your conference was successful! We look forward to your next visit to The Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is good, close to convention centre etc. Rooms are large. There is a laundry for guests' use on the same floor.
Shortcomings:
- The hotel lobby and hallways smell musty
- The coffee and tea provided in the rooms was of low quality and insufficient quantity. They only provided two (2) packets of sugar per room per night, and when I left a note for the cleaning staff asking to give me more tea and sugar, I got as many as three packets of sugar! Wow! That was generous.

All in all, this is definitely not 3.5 stars that the hotel claims to be. 3 stars at most, and more likely, 2.5. Next time I have to go anywhere I will select another chain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I apologize for the limited coffee supplies in your guestroom and have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping team. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded.
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was here for a conference that was being held in the building. I figured instead of going for my usual H****n brand that I would opt to stay here. It only took a few hours for me to regret that decision. First off the clothing iron in the room stained my colleague's shirt as the water he put in turned brown after going through the iron. Immediately called and had it replaced. Then it was time for bed. I pulled back the sheets to find a large smelly wet spot on the bed. I immediately called about this issue and was put into a new room. I'm not convinced that the windows have ever been washed, the elevators are old and scary (bounce when doors open) and the floors with guest rooms generally smell weird (almost like maple syrup). The location isn't great and the area outside of the hotel doesn't seem very safe at all.

The ONLY saving grace about this place was that guest services was very quick to tend to fix my problems. However, after this experience I won't be rushing to stay at a Radisson again

2 Thank Karen M
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay. I am disappointed that your room cleanliness was not up to your expectations and have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping Team. I am glad that our guest service agents provided quick and efficient service. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my our first time in Rochester. We were there for work and stayed the weekend. The place is large, rooms were nice. Actually had down blankets and pillows, the bed was a sleep number which was nice.

We went out downtown a few places and walked back to the hotel, great location to walk to and from. The bar in the lobby was fun, big TV's for football, darts and bar games (photo hunt). Late night drink specials and food. We had bar food, but it was good and fresh and hot.

Staff at the hotel and the restaurant were great! Underground parking was a plus!

Not so great, breakfast buffet not so good and it was $12.95 for eggs, french toast. Not a huge selection. We used the business center, which is small and with more than 2 people in it, it got really hot. It's also located in a high traffic area.

Overall, yes I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Riverside room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our newly renovated property! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you found your stay enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was not to your expectations and have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Malone, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

stayed 3 nights i will stay at the other radisson in rochestser next time.
the first room they gave me had not been cleaned.the 2nd room the trim feel off on bottem of fridge so i left it on fioor they vacumed around it the next two days.i used 2 pieces of tissue in bathroom and color went from pink to white that really creeped me out. .the food in bar was ok .tuesdays bartender was very nice.

1 Thank wm H
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay. I am disappointed that your room cleanliness was not up to your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping Team and am confident in our ability to improve. I am glad that you found the bartender in Legends Bar & Grille nice and will pass along your kind words to the team. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded.
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked a group of 15 folks in ROC for a team meeting. The folks at the front desk are so helpful and friendly. It was awesome to find a nice hotel, at a reasonable rate that included hot breakfast. Crystal in particular at the hotel restaurant (Legends) is very friendly and took awesome care of us, but the entire restaurant staff is great as well. I only had one slight compalint. The sign on the fitness center states the hours are 6am to 11pm "but call the front desk for earlier access." Since our meetings were starting early every day, I talked to the desk about letting us in at 5am. Every night I asked - and every night they assured me they would do so. But I still had to call again every morning to get it unlocked.

On my way out the last day, I was pushing a luggage cart with a box, suitcase and several other items. Maintenance man "Bob" was working on a door and saw me; he took the time to help me out to the parking garage. This is the type of helpful act I saw many of the staff members do - way outside their 'normal' responsibilities. Great crew!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are glad you’re your corporate meeting was successful! I will personally follow up on the Fitness Center schedule concerns and will also pass your kind words about Crystal and Bob to them. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!