“Very Nice”

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Edison, New Jersey
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was there for one night and my room was great. It was clean and everything was pretty new. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't have a car and they took me where I needed to go (and gave me a tour of the city on the way). The pool was super warm and clean also really nice. I also had a bite at the restaurant and it was better than I expected.

The wi-fi was slow, but it was free. There was a coffee maker in the room but no free breakfast.

I can't really comment on the area as we didn't have enough time to check it out.

I stayed in two other hotels on the same trip and this was by far the nicest (and the cheapest).

Overall, it was an excellent stay, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nikkirose
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at our property! We look forward to your next trip to Rochester!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

The hotel was very nice, clean, and everyone was so Hospitable! Cory, at the front desk was awesome. He guided me where to go sight seeing, and how to get there! The restaurant service was great especially the customer service and the food was real good!
The outdoor swimming pool was awesome and very clean. The lifeguards were so friendly and helpful at all times! The fitness center was great and I stayed on the same floor as the pool and fitness center so it was convenient. tI will definitely return to this hotel when I return to Rochester. The Museums and restaurants are in walking distance and I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples, and solos! Excellent place! Thank you Cory for making my stay at the hotel so memorable! I will definitely check out the Radisson in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Enid R
Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay! Our focus is to provide each and every guest with the best product and service possible! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I had prepaid through Hotwire so check in was very quick; too quick in fact. I walked away from the counter with just the room keys realizing that I had no idea when checkout time was, what the charges were for parking, if a password was needed for the wireless internet, where the elevators were, etc. These would be things front desk staff typically advise you of when checking in. Instead, they just handed me an envelope with my keys in it and told me to enjoy my stay.

This is an older hotel that has had some updates. The room had some newer looking furniture and a partially updated bathroom, but overall it appeared to still need renovations. Examples: a cable outlet was missing a cover so cables were sticking out of the wall, the drapes and wallpaper were damaged, and the phone on the desk didn’t work. Also, our room had a couple of housekeeping issues when we first arrived but they were taken care of promptly. The one nice thing about our room was that it had a great view of the river.

The pool area is dated but nice. There is a great view of the river and a lifeguard on duty. Signs in the elevator or in the lobby indicating that the pool is on the third floor would have been helpful.

The bar in the hotel was terrible – odd decor and very unfriendly service.

When we arrived we walked around the area – High Falls is within walking distance. I do not recommend walking around the hotel area at night, however.

Overall our stay was ok and I would recommend this hotel if you have to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vay_KayK8e
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and will be personally following up on the issues that you addressed. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and comments such as yours are very helpful in allowing us to improve our product and service. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson for a week while attending a workshop in library preservation. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself very nice. The restaurant offered pleasant fare, and the wait staff were, for the most part, courteous and hospitable.
If i ever visit Rochester again, i would definitely consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lilypons
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Rochester!
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have stayed at this property for the last 3 years on Labour Day weekend for Drum Corps Associates Championships, and ABSOLUTLEY love it there!!!
They allow us to congregate in large groups (no one is loud or belligerent, just a big group!) without complaint, and everyone is very respectful of this privilege. In previous places we have stayed, we were not allowed to ‘stand’ in a group of 5 or more people....pretty difficult when you arrive as a group of 100, with several other groups of the same size also staying there!! We met some 'normal' people staying there, who were inquiring about our activity, and said they thought it was great....no one was being disrespectful to other guests, although I'm sure it could be overwhelming at times to have several 100's of people in the lobby at peak times. Rooms are great, very clean and tidy and well maintained. LOVE the Sleep number beds!! Great perks offered by the staff (cloths available for polishing instruments on each floor) and very much appreciated accommodations for informal group meetings that we needed to have throughout the weekend. GREAT food at Legends in the lobby....menu is well thought out, and offers great value! In all the years (20+) of doing this activity, this is by far, the best hotel we have ever stayed at for this type of weekend, and are headed back again for a 4th year, and can’t wait!!! (sidebar - make sure to visit the Dinosaur BBQ nearby!!!! it's amazing!!)

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms right outside the elevators due to noise.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen_Ha
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I can truly say that our team enjoys working with your group!

We are glad that you once again enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was in town for a party that was held at the hotel and we also stayed overnight. Food for the party was delicious along with everything else! When I checked in, the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I even received a follow-up call once I got to my room to make sure everything was to my liking - that impressed me! - because I've traveled a ton and never received that kind of courtesy at a hotel before. The room was clean with very comfy beds - also have free wi-fi! Perfect location in the heart of downtown Rochester. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are glad that you enjoyed the experience! We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester.
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Checked into my room and noticed half the curtains falling down. So I called maintenance, even though it was 11 at night, and had them come up and fix it. Then, my sleep comfort bed wouldnt adjust. It was stuck on the lowest setting, making me believe the air bladder somehow got punctured. The next morning, discovered the desk chair was also broken. And the channel selection is horrendous.
On the plus side, the staff is friendly and helpful. They quickly brought be some non-feather pillows on request.

Room Tip: Ask for one where everything works
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are disappointed that your experience was less than favorable. I have personally addressed your concerns with our team and am confident that your feedback has allowed us to improve our product and service. If your travels bring you to Rochester in the future, please contact me directly to ensure that we exceed your expectations.