“Calling Maintenance...”

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Keller, Texas
“Calling Maintenance...”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Checked into my room and noticed half the curtains falling down. So I called maintenance, even though it was 11 at night, and had them come up and fix it. Then, my sleep comfort bed wouldnt adjust. It was stuck on the lowest setting, making me believe the air bladder somehow got punctured. The next morning, discovered the desk chair was also broken. And the channel selection is horrendous.
On the plus side, the staff is friendly and helpful. They quickly brought be some non-feather pillows on request.

Room Tip: Ask for one where everything works
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. We are disappointed that your experience was less than favorable. I have personally addressed your concerns with our team and am confident that your feedback has allowed us to improve our product and service. If your travels bring you to Rochester in the future, please contact me directly to ensure that we exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stayed for 4 days to attend a course at RIT. It was very convenient - it was within walking distance. The room was nice, and well maintained. The gym is pretty decent, but was rather hot. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport. There are restaurants that are nearby also. The breakfast buffet is also decent. The service was generally good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for the feedback that you provided related to your recent stay at our property. We are happy that you enjoyed the experience and look forward to your next visit to our property.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The reception was gorgeous, the waitstaff was great! Everyone at the Radisson really made my special day even more amazing, everyone was so nice! It was great customer service and I couldn't have been more happy with everything there. Amanda was AMAZING with the planning, I never had any worries!
-Kathleen P.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent event that was held at our property. We are glad that you enjoyed the experience of this special occasion! Our wedding specialists and banquet staff pride themselves on providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to our property.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I travel a lot in my line of work and being away from my wife and kids I get very lonely. When a very talented young man make me feel important and is friendly and gives the most exellent service, I just have to tell those he works for. I really enjoyed my lunch and the exellent service. Also there was a young lady, Hannah Berl, who works at the front desk that was very friendly, warm, kind, and professional. She took the time to talk to me and make me feel at home, and she was very helpful whenever I needed help. Thank you for a very wounderful stay.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I am not by nature a complainer, but this is, by far, the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I was placed in a room by the elevator and the ice machine, which meant that I had to hear the foot traffic and conversations from everyone on my floor, plus the individuals from other floors seeking ice (which is not available on floors). Additionally, my room faced the pool, which meant being forced to listen to lots of screaming children.

Combined with a bad room location, I had bad luck with fellow hotel companions. I had a family with small kids next to me who consistently slammed the doors going in and out; plus, the walls are so thin that I could hear the kids screaming and wailing. Worse still, there were a group of older gentleman partying and drinking until at least 2-3 a.m. in the morning, who woke me up every single time they would collectively go outside to smoke.

When I asked (very politely) to change rooms, I was told that the entire hotel was full, but that I could call hotel security if I had issues with the noise. This advice isn't terribly helpful, as I can't exactly call hotel security on a family with small children or everyone at the pool.

If you're a business traveler and actually need to get work done, steer clear of this hotel -- especially in the summer with all of the low class vacationers and drunk college kids. At the risk of sounding elitist, I advise staying somewhere a little bit more expensive, where the cost deters the average traveler from staying there.

1 Thank whiteflanneltrousers
San Antonio
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked a room with a refrigerator and microwave for three nights to attend our daughter's graduation from Eastman School of Music. We'd stayed previously at the Hyatt and had been very disappointed. This hotel was more expensive than the Hyatt so we thought it would be nicer. Unfortunately, this hotel is very much a conference hotel. The room decorations were not particularly appealing and had a "cold"industrial feel, but the kingsize bed with its adjustable firmness was very nice. Also nice was a chair with a futon. We didn't discover the futon until we'd been there a day because it actually fits under the chair. High speed internet was actually high speed. Menu in the restaurant was limited, but what we ordered tasted great. Service was excellent.
Very convenient to Eastman School of Music.
Negatives: bathroom tub had mold around it. Signage for the hotel is non-existent on the main street, so difficult to find unless you know right where it is. The information notebook in the room was missing many, many pages so was useless.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Spent the night at the Radisson as part of an anniversary party for my husband's college fraternity. Our "non-smoking" room was so stale-smoke smelling, that we couldn't wait to leave the room in the morning. The scent came home with us and still lingers in our luggage. And, the walls were so thin that we heard EVERYTHING that our neighbors did as if they were right in the room with us. Other friends of our staying at the same hotel had the same experiences. I received a survey from the hotel and noted my concerns. The manager contacted me staying that the "lack of privacy" between rooms is a known concern. On a positive note, the hotel, along with seeing lots of old college friends, added to the nostalgic feeling of being back at college again!

• Stayed April 2011