“Residence Inn....Not Bad for Greece, New York”

Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Well, we decided to stay here again even though they allow dogs into the hotel.

This time was a little better than last, but there are little things the managers can do to improve this place. It is located right besides the Courtyard and another Marriott property off of route 390.
We picked one of the busiest weekends (3-5 August) of the year to visit Rochester.

Upon check-in the staff were moving people along very quickly, so that was nice and they were very helpful even though the hotel was sold out. No one wanted to ask too many questions of the staff because there people behind each other and the staff were working hard.

The room was nice and cool when we arrived. Breakfast the next morning was average, but they kept plenty of food coming, so there was never empty. The breakfast was free and the staff was helpful. The pool was not very useful as it didn't look too well kept.

The advertised a managers reception, I never saw one nor was I ever invited during my three day stay the first weekend in August.

The rooms are cleaned every day and the staff is great, but don't expect much in the way of amenities.

This place could better and justify it's rate if a few things were changed.

1) If you advertised a managers' reception.....have one.

2) Let people know that what is happening in the immediate area....I might have stayed a day or two longer if I didn't have to do all of the research about a local event that was happening in town during my stay.

3) the staff have limited knowledge about the immediate area. I asked where was there a car wash and they all pointed me to the same car wash when there were about 5-6 within two minutes of the hotel. Also, the staff didn't know there was a major convention convention going on in town as well. Every hotel was booked, you would have thought they would have known why.

4) be able to communicate with the other Marriott properties electronically and not customers to do something that you should be able to do.

Overall this place is not bad with a friendly staff especially the night staff. There is no business center which is irritating to say the least,

Cheers
Maryland Vacation

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I would definitely book here again because I like the kitchen and the extra space. It is excellent for a family with kids.
Both nights there were people partying and making a lot of noise well past midnight (even 1:45 one night). This is a nationwide problem. It'd be nice if these large hotels could free up a staff member to walk around the halls once an hour after 11 pm.
I do not blame the hotel for the noise.
Everything is really clean and staff speaks English (is that politically correct to say?) It just helps because if you have a request from your maid, she knows what you want.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks, but not over the weekend. First room was fantastic! A suite with a fireplace! The best I have ever stayed in from Residence. The second week was a regular suite, but still really nice. Both rooms were very clean, with comfortable beds. Complimentary breakfast was nice and pretty much like other free breakfast places, with the exception of the eggs, which if not fresh, had to be the best reconstituted eggs I have had. These were far better than the powdered eggs you get at other places. The hotel itself is right next to the highway, near several restaurants, and not too far from shopping. A really nice location. The staff could not have been better. They were immediate in their responses to questions and problems. I called for foam pillows, and they were there almost a soon as I hung up the phone. After the first week, I mentioned that I would like foam pillows the following week, and they were on my bed when I checked in. I was impressed! I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can get the suite with 2 bedrooms and the fireplace, go for it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our family of 6 stayed at this hotel with another family while we were in town over the Easter weekend to visit the Museum of Play and the Zoo. The hotel was perfectly located with easy access to everything we needed within a couple minute drive. The hotel was perfect for our needs. We only stayed one night but in our short time there we found the staff to be very friendly and the hotel well kept. The pool was perfect temperature and our children enjoyed swimming in the evening and early morning. The adults enjoyed the hot tub. The suite was nice and well layed out. The suite was clean and we enjoyed the complimentary popcorn. The children enjoyed the ample t.v. stations during some down time. The breakfast was excellent for being an included quick breakfast. We enjoyed waffles, pancakes, french toast, sausages, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, juice, tea and bagels. Our only complaint was the fact that the walls of our suite seemed paper thin. At night we could hear a strange noise from the suite beside us. It sounded like an owl but we figured it must be a dog whimpering. We could also hear the people talking through the wall at 2am. This was slightly annoying but just a fluke that we had people beside us and that they were up at that hour. I am guessing that our toddler crying was probably slightly annoying to them too which I feel bad about. All in all we enjoyed this hotel and would stay there in the future.

Room Tip: If you don/t like pets as for a room with no one next door or at least with no pets.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We prefer Residence Inn's over other Marriott properties if we have a choice. The hot breakfast buffett was quite large and included eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy. Plenty of continental options. The lounge area was large enough to hold everyone. The pool was a bit crowded. You can safely walk to The Distilary or Applebee's.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend get away with children. The hotel was located close to 390, but was very quiet. The facility looks like it could use some maintenance on things like the closet doors (kept coming off the tracks) and the dishwasher (wouldn't close). On the whole very clean, comfortable two bed room suite with a full kitchen. The breakfast buffet included with the room was better than many I've had. Hot food was hot, with many different options each morning. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful in providing information on local events and entertainment. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LucyFurTraveler
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Have been on the road for 4 weeks, 3 hotels, this one is the most comfortable. The suite is spacious with living area/full kitchen/comfortable bed and pillows/ bathroom layout great. Full breakfast every morning and manager meals M-TH/beer & wine/ well done. Good service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business