Well, we decided to stay here again even though they allow dogs into the hotel.
This time was a little better than last, but there are little things the managers can do to improve this place. It is located right besides the Courtyard and another Marriott property off of route 390.
We picked one of the busiest weekends (3-5 August) of the year to visit Rochester.
Upon check-in the staff were moving people along very quickly, so that was nice and they were very helpful even though the hotel was sold out. No one wanted to ask too many questions of the staff because there people behind each other and the staff were working hard.
The room was nice and cool when we arrived. Breakfast the next morning was average, but they kept plenty of food coming, so there was never empty. The breakfast was free and the staff was helpful. The pool was not very useful as it didn't look too well kept.
The advertised a managers reception, I never saw one nor was I ever invited during my three day stay the first weekend in August.
The rooms are cleaned every day and the staff is great, but don't expect much in the way of amenities.
This place could better and justify it's rate if a few things were changed.
1) If you advertised a managers' reception.....have one.
2) Let people know that what is happening in the immediate area....I might have stayed a day or two longer if I didn't have to do all of the research about a local event that was happening in town during my stay.
3) the staff have limited knowledge about the immediate area. I asked where was there a car wash and they all pointed me to the same car wash when there were about 5-6 within two minutes of the hotel. Also, the staff didn't know there was a major convention convention going on in town as well. Every hotel was booked, you would have thought they would have known why.
4) be able to communicate with the other Marriott properties electronically and not customers to do something that you should be able to do.
Overall this place is not bad with a friendly staff especially the night staff. There is no business center which is irritating to say the least,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the comforts of home while you're on the road at Residence Inn by Marriott Rochester West/Greece. Our extended-stay hotel in Rochester, New York offers all-suite accommodations with the necessities you need for an enjoyable trip: separate sleeping and living areas, modern and inspiring decor, a full-sized kitchen and even grocery delivery! Plus, our public spaces promote a restful and home-like environment with an indoor pool, Sport Court and business center. Enjoy all of this at a hotel close to top Rochester attractions like Greece Ridge Mall and near major businesses in Greece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Rochester
- Rochester Residence Inn