“Perfect Location, Perfect Front Desk, Perfect Room”

The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We chose this place because we didn't want to one of the "big boys" and boy did we luck out. They are in the middle of a renovation and eventually it will be the ONLY place to stay. The front desk staff were more than nice and were ready to bend over backwards to help. The rooms were euro-style boutique with a small kitchen area, a plush bed and upstyle bath. The location was perfect, in the middle of everything!! Can't wait to go back to Rochester and 384 East Avenue Inn and Suites!!

Room Tip: The fitness is coming and a continental breakfast is in the works, as well.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda K
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here.

It is nice to hear that you made a smart consumer choice to avoid the "big boy" hotel franchises.
As an independent property, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide a unique and premium guest experience you won't find anywhere else. All of our rooms and suites include custom design elements you won't see in any other hotel and our small sales staff is trained to provide personalized service that far exceeds that of the "big boy's" mega call centers. Additionally, the flexibility provided by our independence from franchise standards allows The East Avenue Inn & Suites to operate as a hotel firmly committed to ecologically responsible lodging practices.

Also: The hotel's fitness room and complimentary continental breakfast will be open by this October 2012.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Though still under renovations when I stayed there this weekend, I found this to be a nice place. The room was newly remodeled and the location was ideal. There was a rowdy crowd in the parking lot on Friday night, but management and police were quick to address it, which was appreciated. I noticed a stain on the comforter, but otherwise the room felt clean and quiet. Overall, I was very happy with the price, quality and location and would definitely recommend staying here while visiting Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here.

As you described in your post, the East End neighborhood can often be a dynamic one. While the numerous theaters, nightclubs, and music halls of the East End are what make this area a great place to spend the weekend, sometimes things can get a little too exciting. We try to be proactive about this dynamism by investing in appropriate staff and security resources and, most importantly, by maintaining strong relationships with the neighborhood residents and businesses who also strive to keep Rochester a safe and clean city to visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Though we stayed at East Ave Inn during their renovations, we found it a great place to stay. The property is kept clean, the people were very nice and helpful, and I enjoyed being in the area. Though other reviews noted concerns about the area, I walked around the area both day and night, with my young daughters, and never felt uncomfortable. Our purpose was a visit to Eastman School of Music, which was a comfortable 10-15 walk from the hotel. Common sense will keep you off of streets with no one one them, and East Ave was always occupied with people. I think they have done a great job with their renovation. I would note that the standard room with 2 double beds is a bit tight; it would be more comfortable with 1 king, but I was traveling with kids. You might consider one of their new suites if you have more than 2 people in your group. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The standard room with 2 double beds is a bit tight; it would be more comfortable with 1 king, but I...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momwith2girls
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites and taking the time to write a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. It's always nice to have guests who are attending events at the Eastman School.

Regarding your comment about room size: The next phase of our renovation may include the creation of rooms that are more appropriate for family travel. We also will be offering family travel amenities like continental breakfast and a fitness room in the coming months for no additional charge to our guests.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Having lived in Rochester all my life, The East Avenue Inn & Suites have had many different names. Finally, they are fixing it up and it is looking good. They will be putting in a restaurant later on. My son came in for a wedding and stayed there over the weekend. I spent 4 hours with him and this is what I saw. Hall still has the odor of new, but room does not. The suite was clean, great pillows, might need a crane to lift you into bed, it is extremely high! I did hear noise from the second floor but it might have been the cleaning crew. I could not hear them while they were on the floor where my son's room was. The TV was terrific, Samsung LCD, maybe, 2 nice chairs, sofa, 2 windows.
True the Inn is downtown. Gustos Restaurant Italian Bistro, the Pita Pocket, and a bar are right across the street. The Little Theater is down the block. Great place to stay for Jazz Fest. or any of Rochester's downtown events.
The only thing is when 2 women, dressed or undressed as it seems, asked us where a store was! They do have security, but....do not walk down Alexander Street to Main. They have problems with hookers, thought there is a police presence.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rubywitch1
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the East Avenue Inn & Suites and post some of your photos. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and are happy you took advantage of some of our neighborhood's many fine restaurants and theaters.

We are aware of the crime problems that can affect downtown Rochester. While our neighborhood, the East End, is generally understood to be a safe one, we are proactive against potential disturbances by keeping appropriate personnel on site. Additionally, our recent renovation includes the installation of brand-new electronic hotel locks and a top-of-the-line network of security cameras for the parking lot and common areas. Most importantly we maintain good relationships with local law enforcement and the residents and businesses in this neighborhood who also strive to keep Rochester a clean and safe city to visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

After taking a tour of the newly renovated East Ave In and Suites me and my wife decided that it was a great location to recommend for visitors from out of state to stay at for our wedding. The location right next to all the downtown entertainment was great to keep our visitors busy while we were not entertaining them. The rooms themselves were beautiful, everything from the carpet, bed and LED TVs were brand new. I doubt there was a square inch in the place that was not remodeled. The layout, design and decorations of the rooms were very impressive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and did a great job as well.

The first thing all our guests said when they saw us was how nice the rooms were. It made us feel real good that we could recommend a hotel that our guests loved staying at. I would HIGHLY recomend the East Ave Inn and Suites to anyone that needs to put up out of town visitors or anyone visiting Rochester. The combination of location, amenities and staff can not be beat!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Loren6458
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we're happy you took advantage of some of the many dining and entertainment options our neighborhood is known for. We hope to see your again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friends and I had an amazing experience. We traveled from Ohio for our friends wedding. We were very happy with our stay. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. The hotel is very reasonably priced as well as very clean. I had stayed in a room with two other people; we needed extra blankets because I was going to sleep on the couch that pulled out into a bed. The staff brought the blankets to the door rather quickly and even offered to make the bed for me. Super friendly!!! The hotel ambiance was outstanding. As a designer, I am hardly impressed with certain hotel décor, but I was very impressed!!! The hotel is newly finished with modern furniture and finishes. Any person could tell that the hotel had recently been renovated. There was new corridor finishes and lighting, the bedrooms were very spacious as well as nicely arranged. Bathroom was clean and with complementary bath and body works lotion, shampoo and soap, not the typical cheap hotel toiletries. The toilet room also has a personal makeup mirror and vanity area. Spacious closet, huge tv, I-pod dock, the works… They really thought of everything to make the guest feel comfortable and at home. All-in-all I had an amazing stay at this hotel and would highly recommend staying there. Thank you for the terrific experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ashley c
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we are happy you are sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister and I only spent one night here on a weekend. We picked the hotel for the location which was excellent! In middle of the entertaiment district.
The room was not modern, but clean and spacious. There was plenty of towels and toiletpaper, and the bed was clean and comfortable.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful, and knowlageble about the area. We needed a wine opener and iron, and it was brought up immediately after we called the front desk.
The price was ok, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope you return and try out our brand new Deluxe Guest Rooms and Suites later this summer.