All reviews the concierge lounge rochester airport platinum member room service was great nice hotel major highway college graduation workout room business hotel business trip double room greece ridge free shuttle front desk staff up to date on site restaurant stayed here for one night
Reviewed September 3, 2018

From the outside looks of it and the website photos, I figured this would be your average Marriott from the early 2000s. I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms had been completely updated with the latest calming design. My room was extremely quiet, despite what seemed to be a busy day. The "Airport" designation is a little misleading, as it is a good 6 miles from the airport. But well worth the trip.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018

I stay in Marriott hotels very regularly and this has to have been the worst one yet. The people working were nice, the room was clean enough but not super clean. The bathroom was tiny - when brushing my teeth or washing my face, my legs not only hit but RUBBED on the toilet - EWWWWW! The tub was so high that I bruise both my shins getting in and almost fell when I got out (wet feet, a drop much lower than expected = trip and slide!). The toilet never stopped running - housekeeping never fixed it.
Housekeeping was VERY slow and even completely skipped my room one day.
In the concierge level, the workers were very nice but there were no nut-free options in the evening (the woman working didn’t actually know what I meant when I asked for nut-free options). The concierge breakfast was no better than a bad Hampton Inn - but this is a Marriott!
The pool was probably the biggest disappointment - the floor of the pool was very rough and I couldn’t see that because the water was GREEN. Like, seriously green!
The last thing was that the side entrance of the hotel has a bees nest and when I told the front desk about it, they looked at me with a blank stare. I know we are supposed to be protecting the bees, but I don’t want to be swarmed by them getting into the hotel!
Also, my a/c was broken. On the third day they finally fixed it but tracked grease all over my room when fixing it. So for the rest of my stay I had to dodge grease on the floor.
This was a highly rated hotel in the area and I was beyond disappointed!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Laura B, General Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear Valued Marriott Guest,
I'm very sorry to hear about your poor experience during your recent stay. We pride ourselves with providing excellent service and accommodations and appreciate knowing if any guest feels that they did not receive this level of satisfaction. I always welcome feedback from our guests so we can address any issues and learn from them. I assure you that your concerns are taken seriously and will be addressed. I hope that you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the service we are known for. If you would like any further correspondence with me I can be reached at 585-225-6880. Thank you.
Laura Bennett, General Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights for business. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was very good and reasonably priced for hotel restaurant. Room was nice, clean and thermostat control was great.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on business for one night. For a Marriott I'm a bit bummed at the quality. It's run down in rooms. I asked for king, got double room. Everyone else in my group asked for king and got doubles too. I had this large ac return in my room that hummed loudly. The door and molding in bathroom were getting a bit rotty because the fan in there didn't work at all. Updates are needed. Just not as I was expecting for a Marriott.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Laura B, General Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Valued Marriott Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I appreciate feedback from our guests so we may address any issues. I'm sorry that your stay wasn't up to your full satisfaction. We pride ourselves with providing excellent service and accommodations and always work toward that goal when we fail to do so. I would welcome the opportunity to correspond with you further about your experience. If you would like to do so I may be reached at lbennett@delmontehotels.com or my direct line at 585-295-2801. Thank you.
Laura Bennett, General Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I stayed here for one night this past Saturday. Check in was very easy and quick. I was given a room on the 6th floor, I think it was 617. I found the room to be very nice and tastefully appointed. The room was a standard room of nice size along with a small couch. The appointments in the room were of the luxury calibre. I was pleasantly surprised as to how comfortable I was in the room, felt more like JW, with a very comfortable robe they provide. The ac worked very well and the bed along with the pillows were very comfortable. next morning it was raining hard and I didn't have an umbrella the front desk provided one to me so that I would not get wet. The breakfast spread was very good. All in all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: rooms on top level
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo