“Extremely Clean and Helpful Staff”

Rochester Airport Marriott
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Wilmington, Delaware
“Extremely Clean and Helpful Staff”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family for the weekend. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is that the rooms have two double beds and not two queen beds. This seems to be an issue with all Marriott hotels in the Rochester area because I couldn't find any Marriott brand hotel that had queen beds when I was looking to make reservations. We made a request for a pullout bed, and it was in the room and made up when we arrived. They also had extra towels and pillows for us when we arrived.

We were eligible for the Concierge Level room, but it is closed on weekends, so they offer a complimentary buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast was great (made to order omelets and waffles) and had a great selection of breakfast meats, breads, scrambled eggs, fruits, and cereals. They also have a fire pit in the courtyard and will light it at a guest's request. We really enjoyed sitting by the fire late Saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
toronto
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed just for 1 night, the room was very clean, the hotel looks new. All the common areas are kept up very nicely. There is a bar open till 2 am. There is a restaurant but we only went for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was fine, the usual items, you can get an omlette or eggs made to order. There are restaurants in close proximity.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good Clean hotel located in a decent part of town. The entire hotel was well kept and the staff was helpful. Only down fall was the bed - it was comfortable but damaged on one side, plking you in the leg when you sat on the edge. No other complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was part of business meeting. The positives first, quit and clean rooms. The keys does not work and I have to program it every day. I can not get the room of my choice for the three night i stayed in the hotel. Most staff I met are under training. The information I receive is lacking experience. They are trying to be nice but you feel it is againest their nature. I am not impressed by the staff and the service. I heard the same feeling from my colleagues. I used to have much better service from Marriott brand. This one does not meet the standards.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Vickie is great in the concierge lounge. Made me feel at home.
Rooms were clean and quiet.
Not a single complaint. The area is very nice with good restaurants and shopping nearby. Even the parking lot was spacious and clean!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank MikeTretick
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have recently spent a week at this hotel and cannot phrase the staff too much.
My colleague and I arrived late on Sunday night and had a stress free check-in.
Our rooms were very clean and well presented.
All the staff were very helpful, and when asked for directions even printed us out maps to help us. The breakfasts were consistently great, and when I was unfortunate enough to be ill with a cold for a couple of days everyone kept an eye on me (I was even sent back to bed to rest by a very helpful cleaner!)
Many thanks for such a great stay, if I am ever back in Rochester I will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Whether positive or negative, we greatly appreciate feedback from our guests. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon should you ever find yourself traveling to Rochester, NY in the future.

Thank you!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been staying here regularly for the last 6 months. Rooms are always very clean and quiet. Room service is good and the onsite restaurant is actually quite good. Hotel is also very, very convenient to numerous restaurants and shipping stores. Wegman’s supermarket (a New York based chain of massive grocery stores) is just down the road. The Marriott is only about 15 minutes from the airport and easy to find right off 390 and Ridge road. My experiences here have been very positive.
Far better than the tired Hampton across the highway – I am Hilton Diamond and went Marriott Gold in this hotel.

Room Tip: Only rooms I dont recommend are right behind elevator shafts - whooshing shound all night :)