“Wish all hotels were like this!”

Rochester Airport Marriott
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Aberdeen, New Jersey
“Wish all hotels were like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at the Rochester airport Marriott while on a business trip to Rochester. The hotel is actually not anywhere near the airport but I believe they have a shuttle thatbwould transport you.

The Hotel staff is very courteous and the food is also great (hotel provided food for the conference we had there).

The rooms are pristine and beautiful. I am VERY picky when it comes to cleanliness and always closely inspect sheets and floors for hairs etc. I did not find anything besides crisp white linens, dust free furniture, and a bright bathroom. In fact, when I first walked into the room, I immediately noticed the smell of fresh ly washed linens. The beds had duvets and we're extremely comfortable. The full length mirror on the closet makes it super easy to help you dress and the bathroom had plenty of counter space to help women hold their beauty essentials.

I could not ask for more from this hotel. To top it off, the hotel is 100% smoke free.

Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ROCMarriott, Owner at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We greatly appreciate your TripAdvisor review and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Rochester Marriott. Whether positive or negative, your feedback is very important to us.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future should your travels bring you back to Rochester!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hurt, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

We came over my daughter's spring break. She and her dad did sightseeing in the area while I worked nearby for business. This is a nice hotel- we got a concierge level room. This is worth the extra cost, for the continental breakfast is very good, and the evening hors d'ouevres and desserts are great! The restaurant at this Marriot, called E.J.'s, has delicious food at great prices!
The hotel is in a good location for the nearby attractions. We had fun with what sightseeing we did. However, the city of Rochester as a whole seems to be going downhill. Many areas of the city seem to be becoming rundown. However, this hotel is very nice- not rundown at all.
The staff is extremely helpful!
Overall, if you are in the area for business or pleasure, we recommend this Marriot hotel.
Our reason for traveling- both business and family.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have similar views- not much to see outside. It is worth it to get a concierge-leve...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mikes2redhds
Sherman Oaks, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, and I have to say I really like this hotel. It seems to be new-ish and very nicely decorated and furnished. The service has been great from everyone I encountered. I was on the concierge floor (6th and 7th floor) on my second stay (nice upgrade as a lowly MR silver). These rooms have really nice robes, a great bed, and good layout. They also provide access to the executive lounge on the 7th floor. The lounge is not large, but the breakfast was pretty extensive for a lounge – a selection of hot food as well as pastries and bagels and coffee good. I also used the computer (guy said it was brand new that day) to print my boarding passes.

At night I took advantage of the great bar/lounge on the ground floor. The food was great (I had an impressive Marriott burger), as was the selection of beers on tap. I was happy and surprised to see McSorley’s on tap. The place is sort of set up alike a big living room with various seating areas and TVs. Our small group hung out until late enjoying the place.

This is a very nice choice in the Rochester airport area. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is a very basic Marriott in a suburban part of Rochester. Do not expect anything fancy and this will likely meet your needs. The vast majority of the staff more than compensates for this - they are very courteous and helpful. Overall, a very good base for business in ROC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank EpiTheConsultant
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

hotel was located in a nice area with malls and restaurants. hotel bar was nice and pool and sauna ok also staff was courteous very nice property

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank firstdivision
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

This hotel is actually not by the airport but due to the free shuttle they are called an airport hotel. It is actually located on Ridge Road in Greece. It's a busy road that is always under construction. The hotel was recently remodeled and the comfort is great. The food is wonderful and the bar is trendy.

• Stayed December 2010
Columbia SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

After trying a few other hotels in the Rochester area while visiting on business, I decided to give the Marriott a try this time. The end result? An excellent stay that convinced me that I'll stay here again the next time I'm in the ROC area.

I had a very welcoming check-in with friendly, efficient staff at the front desk (it turns out that I'm not the only Lou Holtz fan out there -- who knew?), and I had a great room on the concierge floor. The closet had a comfortable Marriott robe hanging in it -- didn't expect that from Marriott! Nice. It came in handy, as I immediately put it on and attacked some business work on my laptop. The bathroom and room itself were spotless. I didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the quality of the restaurant and/or room service. For those who prefer something other than hotel food but don't want to wander too far, the hotel is across the street from an Outback and a Longhorn Steakhouse. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport, but I saw that there is a free shuttle available. (I didn't use the shuttle - had a rental car.)

When I checked out, the front desk staff helped me with a box of brochures I needed to ship back to work via Fed Ex and went the extra mile with a smile -- found a better box for the shipment, promised to tape it up and schedule the pickup for me, etc. I tried to tip the front desk staffer who was doing all the work, but she refused the money, said she was happy to help, and thanked me for choosing the Marriott for my stay. Now that's quality customer service!

In previous visits, I had tried the Hyatt downtown and the Hampton Inn right by this Marriott, off Ridge Rd. The Hampton was just OK, and the Hyatt has always felt soulless to me -- dark, dated, stodgy, etc. As a result, I always left there feeling a little beat down by the road. But the Marriott and its good staff kept me upbeat and ready to rock it out on the job. I'll be back. Thanks, Marriott!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business