“Exceptional Banquet Accommodations”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“Exceptional Banquet Accommodations”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently held our 10th Anniversary Celebration Dinner of RIT's Future Faculty Career Exploration Program (FFCEP) at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport and could not be happier with the hotel accommodations and staff. Throughout the entire planning and execution phases the staff were enthusiastic and dedicated to making this milestone event not only successful, but one to remember fondly. They went out of their way to tend to every minor detail from ordering napkins and designing table centerpieces that incorporated our institute's colors, to creating a specialty dessert for our guests consisting of a moist pumpkin cake set on white chocolate pudding and topped with whipped cream in martini glasses that was consistent with the color scheme and season. Our guests were received in the main hallway adjacent to the ballroom where a long bar was setup for cocktails and soft drinks and the sound of light jazz played by Jimmie Highsmith's band helped set the tone for the evening's events. The banquet room's ambience was absolutely striking with the main chandeliers turned down low to allow the flicker and glow of the tea lights to work their magic in accentuating the dining table displays. The evening went perfectly thanks to the doting attentiveness of the hotel and banquet staff, especially Gail Allan (Senior Corporate Sales Manager), Halee Rockwell (Catering Sales Manager), and Becca Catalino (Banquet Lead). A special thanks also to Stacey (Front Desk Manager), Lorraine (Food and Beverage Director) and the rest of their staff for taking such good care of our FFCEP guests who stayed at the Radisson over the course of the 4-day program. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the other catered meals provided were delicious and well presented. Thank you for helping us make this special event a fond and memorable one. We look forward to working with you in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan D
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks for all the great comments. Our staff really enjoyed working with your group. I will be sure to thank the entire team for the service they provided. Please come back and see us for your next event.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was hesitant to make a reservation here because the hotel is ranked very low on this site. However, it is the closest hotel to Rochester Institute of Technology and the price was very low, so I thought I'd take a chance (usually I stay at the nearby fancier Doubletree). Fortunately, I was very pleasantly surprised. While the property is older than many and isn't the most modern looking hotels, it was a great value for the money. The beds were quite comfortable, the hotel staff (particularly the cleaning people) very helpful and did a good job keeping everything clean and I loved the large refrigerator/freezer instead of the usual tiny mini-fridge that barely cools. All in all, I think more folks should consider the place--I'm glad I did.

Room Tip: room 348 was very nice--I have no idea if other rooms are this nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank planktonrules
Thank you for your positive comments. We have done much remodeling this past year to freshen things up. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Please come back and see us when your back in Rochester.
ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Came here one day sort of a zoo with people coming into college but clean room food was good front desk were very helpful and good location Sleep number bed didn't work but didn't bother me Would recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to have the housekeeping department check the beds when they clean the rooms. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Rochester.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Radisson hotels vary in their amenities. I would rate this one as about a 3-star property, which was just the right level for me in this location. Our family stayed in this hotel twice, both when we were visiting RIT. The location is directly next to the RIT campus and perfect for a campus visit. The rooms were clean, adequately sized, and fine for a standard chain hotel. This is not one of the luxurious Radissons that I might prefer if I were vacationing or on a romantic getaway. But if you are expecting just a normal hotel close to campus you will be very pleased. Our room had the standard (not sleep number) beds and they were very comfortable. Once when we visited we had a car and the other time we did not. One of the nicest features of the hotel is its free shuttle bus that will happly take you anywhere on campus that you need to go (it is a very large campus), and also will take you to the airport, eateries, and other nearby places during normal hours. It was really important to us when we did not have the car. Just understand that it is not a 24 service - our plane was delayed and arrived at around 11:30 pm after the shuttle stopped running, and it was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport. We ate breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. One time it was included in our rate and once it was not included. When it was not included, we considered it rather overpriced. When it was included we considered it delightful. The fresh waffles were delicious and the waitstaff pleasant. The front desk staff was also friendly and very helpful. I had a meeting on campus for which I needed an extra copy of a 25-page document. They made the copy for me without charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GeekyDCLady
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. Please cone back and visit us!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have a child who attends the Rochester Institute of Technology which is so close the Hotel has a side road with access to the campus. While the prices are a little higher than we normally look for, but the secret is to join the Carlson Club, affiliated with the Radisson chain of hotels. When you accumulate points through the Club for staying at these hotels, you can combine points you have earned with cash to get cheaper rates. Since our student is going to be at RIT for four years, it made sense to participate. The attached restaurant was not impressive as is the case in many attached eateries, but the main road the hotel is on, Jefferson Road, is just minutes from several very well stocked malls and shops of all kinds including many, many places to eat almost any kind of food you want. The downtown of Rochester is only 20 minutes away and has some wonderful historic neighborhoods and wonderful elegant dinning options. p.s. avoid the rooms with the "Sleep Number" beds unless you are familiar with them. With only one adjusting pressure, when your partner gets out of bed, it feels like the old hippie water bed sloshing from one side to the other!

Room Tip: See above: Avoid "Sleep Number" beds and if you like quiet, get as far from the restaurant...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We have both Sleep Number and traditional beds available in the hotel. There are many places to shop and dine close by. We hope to see you again.
Brasher Falls, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed here and it was a very nice place staff was great and food was decent at the bar. Bar staff made my daughter and PBJ sandwich because that is what she wanted. They went out of there way for us..

Room Tip: stay away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. Glad we were able to provide what your daughter requested.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stood at this location Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport because my son was moving into the dorm room at R.I.T. I booked the room with a number bed and never got it. Called front desk and told them that the room they gave us was not what we booked. They said they will look into it and never got back to us. There was also no blow dryer in the bathroom; the iron in the room broke. The lack of service was very unprofessional and unhelpful at the Front Desk. Never brought up the blow dryer. The front desk service is lacking experience and attitude. Not a friendly staff. If it wasn't the fact that this hotel was close to the campus I would of not stood there. I have heard horrible experience from customers from TRIPADVISOR and wanted to see for myself and believe me customers at TRIPADVISOR are so TRUE. I felt paying for so much over $150 a night is not worth the experience we got. I have never experience bad service while staying in other hotels in all my life. This is the WORST location experience any customer should experience especially the fact that is a RADISSON hotel which I heard so good experience from different location.

Room Tip: My room was at the far end of the hotel. It was a long walk from the elevator but is probably bette...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!