“Did you get Hotwired too?”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Portland, Oregon
“Did you get Hotwired too?”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I hadn't used a bulk room rate site before, but figured we just needed a room this time, not a palace. It was about $70, and when we walked in, i was feeling a 4 star review for the price. My friends, you see how we felt by the end of the stay. It's a mile from lots of food and services. The pool is enormous, with no hot tub. They have a full restaurant and bar next to the lobby. These are good things. But, the room was small and the beds were awful. Overall, it was pretty shabby.

If you wake up and your back hurts because of the bed, you will never be happy in that hotel, right? So no matter what generic comment is written below by the manager, know that you will not sleep well here. Get some new beds, man.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank some_honest_guy
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We are also sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is just an old Radisson, badly in need of an update. The rooms are clean (the cleaning staff are competent, friendly and very helpful, so no complaints there) but the rooms are old and dated. Everything works and the beds are comfortable but the bedding and furnishings are dated and the hall rugs and walls are dowdy and sad looking. All in all, if you need to be close to RIT, this is the place to be, other than that there are better places just down the road, off the main road of course.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice, better yet, stay at their sister hotel, Country Inns & Suites just down...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services, in this regard updating and maintaining our facility to appealing standards. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Milford, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was as convenient as could be for our son's freshman move-in to R.I.T. On several occasions I was able to walk right over and back to and from the campus. That was terrific. It was also close to the airport. Although we did not use it, there is a great big beautiful indoor pool. The room was clean and the beds have those "sleep number" gadgets which were pretty cool. There is a large (42"+) TV which swiveled. There were only 3 little things that bothered me. We paid for a room for 3 people. In the bathroom there were 2 toilet paper roll holders and when we arrived, they were both nearly empty! By the next morning 1 was completely empty and the other down to the last few sheets. We went to breakfast and went about our day. When we got back to the room later, housekeeping had come and gone and all they did was plunk a roll of toilet paper on the back of the toilet. They left both the empty roll and the nearly empty roll on the holder!! That was kind of lazy. The next thing was that there was no where in the lobby to get a cup of coffee except going in and sitting down in the restaurant. We did this the first morning. The second day I noticed a tiny 1 cup coffee maker in the room. However, like I said, there were 3 of us and the coffee maker came with 3 1 cup coffee pods but all 3 were DECAF!! And there were only 2 sugar packets and 2 half and half creamers. Did I mention there were 3 of us and 3 coffee pods? All DECAF? So I called the front desk and half an hour later they send up 3 caffeinated coffee pods, 3 packets of sugar and 3 creamers. Kind of skimpy. Third, the AC was so loud it kept my son awake. And you have to keep turning the TV volume up and down when the condenser came on and off. That was a little annoying.The bellhop was very friendly and he was also the shuttle driver. We had a nice chat on the way to the airport. There is really nothing any more remarkable about this hotel one way or the other.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is just OK. I've stayed here for business before and it was adequate. Came with my husband for the PGA Championship and chose this hotel because they provide shuttle service to and from the parking at MCC. We called the hotel when the bus was about 10 minutes from MCC and the front desk said "Call us when you get there." Very rude. And then my phone died. So we borrowed a phone from a stranger and called when we arrived at MCC. Told them we would be at "Stop 2" and waited for 45 minutes (the hotel is 2 1/2 miles away). We couldn't call again because as I said earlier, my phone died. So finally, we asked complete strangers if we could use their phone and their phone was dead. They kindly offered to give us a ride to the Radisson - thank you Flo and John! When we arrived at the hotel and went to the front desk to find out why the shuttle didn't pick us up, the attendant said "We drove around 20 minutes looking for you. Didn't Lucas tell you this morning that we were only picking up at Stop 1?" No he didn't. This all would have been OK, but there was no offer of apology or sorry you were abandoned. Nothing.... Made to be our fault.

The other issue that bugged us about our stay is that we were told that they ran out of reg coffee for the rooms. How does that happen? And tonight, we have NO cream for the coffee.

I'll stop my ranting now, but really not happy with our stay this time!! And don't plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff in regards to the miscommunication/lack of shutlte service. Also, we regret you were without various amenities in your room as well. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive stellar customer service.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thanks to the staff, made my stay very enjoyable at the Radisson! They were very friendly and helpful! Everyone was fantastic! I am glad that they did away with the sleep number beds and put the real one back in the rooms! Great move!

Room Tip: 4th floor is great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is old and not well maintained. It's as if Radisson purchased a a run down old Best Western and slapped the Radisson name on it. The elevators were either shut down or sporadic. The hotel has a dingy, dilapidated feel to it. Pillows and sheets were both dirty and stained (yes stained and we couldn't get new ones.) Bathroom didn't have a fan so after a shower water is literally dripping from the ceiling. When we checked in the women working the check-in desk was unfriendly, flustered and probably shouldn't be in the hospitality business. Better yet, she was a supervisor. No guest wants to be made to feel unwelcome. The hotel manager was no better in that department. All-in-all a terrible experience. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am very sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. Please contact me so I can get more detailes from your stay. I will be sure to address the issues you experienced during your stay. We want all of our guests to have a great stay and your comments are important to us.
Redcliff
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night and I found the hotel to be mediocre. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable; I would give the hotel good marks for the most important things. However, there were two things that really annoyed me. The hotel was very noisy. There was a lot of noise from the hallway and the door wasn’t stopping any of it. Some loud guests woke me up and I actually hoped that the air conditioning unit would turn on and drown them out. After I fell asleep again, I was woken up by someone opening our door. I had to yell at them that we hadn’t checked out yet. The person would have walked right in if it hadn’t been for the latch lock. I think the person was a maintenance or renovation worker as he or she was also able to open the adjacent rooms and there were tools in the hallway. Hotel management should be telling their employees and contractors to not enter any rooms before they’ve checked with the front desk. I’d like to give this hotel 3.5 stars but since that option doesn’t exist, I’ll have to give it 3 because it doesn’t deserve 4. I would recommend this hotel since the noise and worker issues were likely chance occurrences and another guest is unlikely to encounter them.

Room Tip: A room in an already renovated area and at the end of the hallway might be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am very sorry that you experienced noise during your stay. We will make sure that the staff uses the proper procedure for entering a room. Thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!