“Ok for a night”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Syracuse
“Ok for a night”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Got a low price on Priceline for one night. Decent location, nice pool, fridge and microwave in rooms. Room could have been cleaner. We found some food on the floor next to one of the beds the minute we walked in. Bathroom floor could use a scrub down. Air conditioner is ridiculously loud ran all night. Good place to stay if you get a good rate.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am very sorry the the AC unit was loud in your room. I will have it repaired. I have addresed the housekeeping issues with the department manager so they can correct the problem you experienced.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2012

While the staff is exceptional and the fact that they offer free shuttling to and from RIT are huge pluses for visitors with anything to do with RIT, the hotel itself leaves much to be desired. The air conditioner made so much noise we couldn't sleep. The bathroom was not really adequately cleaned and when I mentioned this to the housekeeping staff they assured me it would be cleaned....nope....soap scum in bathtub. The bedding is old, sheets continually come off corners.
They were charging $189.00 per night for a small room with two doubles....not worth the money, except for the convenience. I won't return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GLyle
I am very sorry you experienced problems during your stay. I have addressed the issues with the Housekeeping manager. We have also purchased large linen orders the past 2 months to correct the problem you experienced.
North Attleboro, MA, USA
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Other than its convenient location off the highway and proximity to shopping centers, this hotel has nothing going for it. The front desk staff were efficient but not friendly; they were just doing their jobs. The facility seemed tired and not well kept. The Sleep Number mattresses were a novelty, but they were not comfortable. I found pubic hair in the bath rug. Yuck! There is an on site restaurant, but breakfast is not included in the cost. All in all, don't bother. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank liz7614
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are in the process of starting remodeling this fall. We have replaced about 60 of the Sleep Number beds with new Simmons ones.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My mom, aunt and I have been traveling on the road for the last week and a half and this is our last night in a hotel before landing at my cousin's house. We quickly checked in with a very friendly desk manager named John. We took the elevator up to our clean and comfy room and I almost teared up a bit when I saw our fluffy white beds. Our bathroom is clean as well as the rest of our room. I'm so happy Priceline.com sent me here (ranked as a three-star in Priceline)!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We arrived to friendly helpful front desk staff and the friendly staffs here are the best feature of the hotel.

The location is also great – just off the highway it is close to shopping, restaurants and malls all within a short drive.

When we arrived in the room the smoke detector immediately began chirping. It took over 90 minutes, numerous phone calls and finally a request to change rooms before maintenance finally showed up to replace the smoke detector battery and resolve the extremely annoying and unbearable noise.

The room was clean and functionally decorated with a modern wide screen TV, fridge and Microwave. The window however was disgustingly dirty with sludge and was so bad it appeared to be raining heavily each time we would look out…….. The A/C in the room was extremely noisy and we were forced to turn it off to sleep at night.

On our reservations we requested a non-allergenic room. On arrival we found a feather duvet and feather pillows which took housekeeping over two and a half hours and numerous phone calls before a housekeeper showed up and finally replaced the bedding and pillows with non-allergenic bedding and pillows.

The sleep number bed was a disaster. No amount of adjustment could get it comfortable on the left side. We spent quite some time trying to find a balance that would make both sides even and finally came to the conclusion that the system was broken. We ended up spending a rather restless night on a very uncomfortable mattress.

There was a stale nauseating tobacco smoke smell in washroom of the supposed non-smoking room. The shower curtain absolutely reeked of stale smoke to the point that spending any time in the washroom was nauseating. The main room also had an apparent stale tobacco smell that became evident when the noisy A/C was turned off

The free internet was absolutely pathetic – most pages would not load or would take forever to load. In fact dial up would have been a more consistent connection.

We would not recommend a stay here, at least not until the hotel can guarantee that their non-smoking rooms are actually non-smoking, the internet actually becomes usable and as well the “white elephant sleep number beds” are replaced with a comfortable bed one can actually get a good night’s sleep on!

Room Tip: Non-Smoking room do not mean smoke free
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank andy.karla
I am sorry you experienced problems during your stay. We are going all non smoking at the end of June. We have upgraded our Internet router and increased the band width to speed up service. We have replaced about 60 of the Sleep Number beds with new Simmons ones. I am sorry that the in-room style AC units are loud if you are not use to that style HVAC system. I checked your reservation and see that the agent failed to note the non feather request. I have addressed that with them.
Endicott, New York, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I felt I needed to write a review of this hotel after reading some that stated staff was less than courteous and helpful and that the place needed a facelift. To start, we have found the staff to be very helpful, polite and welcoming. I was expected outdated fixtures and tired furnishings but found exactly the opposite. Our room was in excellent condition with new mattresses that were very clean (I check for bedbugs in everyplace we stay). The room we stayed in, 312, did not have sleep number beds, which after reading many horrible reviews, we were thankful for. The box spring had numbers on it, so I would assume that it this was a room that previously had the sleep number bed. New beds were comfortable for us. Loved the good sized fridge with freezer since we pack lots of snacks traveling with kids. Nice assortment of bathroom essentials provided and
The front desk has lots of complimentary extras if you need them, as my husband forgot his toothbrush and razor. The pool is large, a welcoming change from so many other hotels we've recently stayed at that a skimpy dipping sort of pool. Would have loved a hot tub, but we knew booking here that wasn't available . Got a great rate for a weekend through early booking with no cancellation option. We had to stay 2 nights, so this option saved us 100 dollars. Hotel is located in a nice suburban area but with a quick easy drive into downtown. Will likely stay here again since we purchased membership the the Museum of Play here- a must do for families with children if you are in Rochester! Great place, great value, nice staff!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy H
Boston
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Location: We chose this hotel for it's nearly "on campus" location to RIT, for a recent pre-college visit. It is literally within walking distance to campus, along a long flat sidewalk from the entrance of the University to the center of the campus (about 1 mile)

Theme: This Radisson is a low 3 story building off a main road, right at the entrance to RIT (but far enough to not be disturbed by any campus activities)

Room: Our room was fairly large, and the beds were very comfortable. Each bed had 4 pillows, a mix of of feather and foam for comfort.
The room was clean and had both a mini fridge and microwave oven. The windows were filthy on the outside, but everything inside was clean.
The bath was roomy with a curved curtain bar, lots of hooks, extra fluffy towels and a nice Corian counter top. The tub was clean but there was a little bit of mold growing in the under the mat, if you lifted the corner, and there was some gunk in the corners near the bottom outside of the tub too.
The AC was an older unit in the exterior wall and it clicked on with a very loud fan every hour for just 10 seconds, long enough to wake me, and then would click off. It made for an exhausting night.

Service: Excellent service made up for an otherwise nondescript hotel. No request went unfulfilled; lost my reading glasses and the front desk cheerfully shared a left behind pair, saving the day, questioned a maintenance person about someone sitting in their running car outside our first floor window for 2 hours one morning, and he immediately checked it out (guest with a sleeping roommate working in his car) which was very comforting to me a s a woman traveling alone with my teen daughter. The waitress at breakfast was friendly and fast. The service here made you really feel like a guest and I would be happy to return even if the hotel itself was a little tired.

Things to do in the area: Well, it's Rochester, you are probably staying here because you already have something to do there;-) But there is a Barnes and Noble RIT bookstore within a couple of blocks and a shopping mall only a mile or so down the road. It's a quiet suburban area, and we never did see or here the namesake "airport", although there were several US Airman in residence who had flown in on military planes, so there must have been one around somewhere!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank familygoBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!