“Good Value for Upscale Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I actually stayed at this hotel again in April 2011 for a wedding. The first visit was a "girls getaway" and I was pleased overall with my experience. Check in was very efficient both times I stayed, and I used my Carlson Hotel points on each visit. Register on their website for their "club" and you accrue points when you stay at any hotel in the Carlson chain.

The pool was huge...and hotel uncrowded, so we got to enjoy it by ourselves, like our own little pool party! I was disappointed by the fact that the hotel does not have a spa. They have plenty of space for one, which I did not understand.

We spent time in the bar, where we were greeted by a fantastic bartender, who was there both of my visits. Her name was Moe...made us some special drink concoctions and had awesome customer service skills to deal with the crowd on our second visit.

Both times my room was spacious, clean, and check out was speedy. I would definitely stay here again if the need arose! Parking was plentiful, even during my second visit (which was the wedding with 100+guests).

If you need a more upscale hotel close to amenities, this is a great place to stay. I am local to the area, but if I were from out of town I would appreciate the close proximity to the airport (10 min drive) and accessibility to shopping, restaurants, banks, grocery stores, and local colleges (RIT in the back yard, Univ of Rochester, and MCC close by).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights while in town for a wedding. We booked this hotel through hotwire, so we did not choose to stay here specifically, but are glad we stayed here!

The hotel is in nice shape with good amenities. My only complaint is with the entrances. The hotel has one main entrance in the front and the back of the hotel. However, all other entrances/exits are marked with signs that read "Emergency exit. Alarm will sound." This made it inconvenient if you were in a room on the sides of the hotel or parked at the side of the hotel (like we were). During more of the day, one or two of these doors were propped open anyways (by the staff?) so we used them, but they were inaccessible in the evening. It would be much more beneficial if they installed swipe-card access to these doors.

The morning breakfast is $10.95 for the buffet. However, the buffet only included food that you would typically get at a continental breakfast. In my opinion, not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with the Chef so he can upgrade the buffet.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I came here after a disasterous attempt at staying at a local B&B. The room was pristine, comfortable, and surprisingly nice. The front desk had a really hard time getting my name correct in the computer, but other than that, it was lovely. I would definitely keep this in mind if I ever find myself in Rochester again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EJAllston
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for your comments. Please visit us again when you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have been coming to the property for several years and im constantly seeing small improvements being made and here there are more to come.your staff between the housekewping department and front desk constantly go above and beyond to get to know there guest.keep up the good work

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for your comments, we have been doing some remodeling and have plans for additional upgrades in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

At first I was very impressed with this hotel as it offered delicious food, helpful staff, and clean public areas. But when we went to check in (at 8pm) one of our rooms wasn't clean yet. I know it can be slow but with an average checkout time of no later than noon there is NO reason why the cleaning staff should still be out in full force at 10pm. On top of that the job cleaning can be described as less than poor. There was at least three different people's hair in my bed and all over my pillows. There were numerous smears of dirt on the sheets. There was an immeasurable amount of loose dirt in the towels and every bit of bedding and towels were stained. The TV remote was sticky, though they offered to provide a new one. The toilet seat was still covered in an unknown liquid. The worst part was the sheer amount of air freshener that was used in the room, it made me dizzy just to enter. The air conditioner is controlled by the worlds worst control pan featuring a completely inaccurate desired temperature setting, a 100% useless "heal/cool" switch, and an "auto/on" switch. Yes, no off or fan speed or anything. I have stayed in at least 4 hotels with this exact model of heating/cooling unit and every other hotel has a control panel on the unit to set basically any setting desired that comes with the unit from the factory. Instead of allowing this amount of contol what these designers decided to do was put a (very dirty) piece of metal on it and wire it to the useless control panel and leave the fan at full blast, which sounds like you are flying in a plane with no windows. Also the tv remote has to be pointed at a VERY specific spot on the tv for it to work and there is no instruction to do this in the room. When asking the staff they readily admit to a great deal of their guests complaining but have yet to even put up "point remote here" signs. Also in my room the tv stand/dresser was falling apart and had screws dangerously poking out. I was visiting RIT and this was the recommended hotel but do yourself a favor take the extra five minute drive or taxi ride and stay somewhere better.

• Stayed: May 2011

I am very sorry you experienced problems during your stay. Please contact me directly about your stay, I would like to talk with you. 585-475-1910 ex 136

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Got a room at the Radisson through one of the well-known "name your own price" websites. It was a good room and, at the price I got, a great deal. I wouldn't pay full retail for it for future travel, though. Yes, it's clean, the staff helpful, and nice amenities such as an indoor pool and in room fridge and microwave. However, I would expect at least a clean room and helpful staff from any priced hotel. For the nonbusiness traveller, I just don't see the justification for the prices. The rooms and amenities aren't worth $100 more than a clean budget hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far away from elevator traffic
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

It's back to the 1970s at this property, in both staff and decor. Dated and worn decor dominates throughout. Housekeeping is the slowest I've seen in awhile, and noisy to top it off. The friendly atmosphere is nice but a little too laid-back: a request to have the room made up (at 2 p.m.) was greeted with a yawn, and required a second request. The double bed (not queen) was really small, and very uncomfortable due to the ridiculous "sleep number" mattress that was uncomfortable at any setting. There's a nice pool and a decent exercise room, but the "business centre" is very small for a hotel this size. There's nothing else near the Rochester Institute of Technology that I could see, so you may have no choice. If you're stuck, ask if they have rooms with normal, comfortable beds.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of of doing our updates and will have additional updates done in a few months.