Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice, basic hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've stayed here several times in the past 9 months... About 12 stays, 50 nights total. With few exceptions, my room was very clean and had exactly what I needed. Noise is kept to a minimum, beds are solid and in good shape, and the AC and heat works well. The staff is always friendly and they greet me by name each time I arrive for check in. The hot breakfast in the morning is pretty good, considering its complimentary. Having to-go coffee cups with lids is a nice touch as it's not so easy to get in and out of the nearby Starbucks parking lot.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good that I've stayed in,
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JeffAZ411
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
JeffAZ411,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review of your stays with us and that you continue to return to us. Our goal is to treat you like family when you’re in our house. I hope we exceed these expatiations when you come in. I hope to see you soon.

Brian Ugorek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I am in Rochester every quarter and always stay at this hotel. It is an easy drive from the airport and convenient to the meeting location. There is a small workout room, the bedroom is clean and the bed comfortable, the breakfast is fine but more importantly I always feel safe.

Also on the plus side there are several really good restaurants close by that range from cheap and cheerful to expensive but good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
CMcD77,

Thank you for your kind words about our location and facility. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and we will continue to look forward to seeing you again.

Grand Forks
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed there for than 10 days while my wife was having surgery at Mayo. A wonderful attitude and so helpful from the staff! They went out of their way more than once It was a stressful time for us because of the surgery and weather, but they were so kind to us. We will stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Tommy212,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that everything went well with the surgery. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Rochester.

Boston
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night, on our way further north.
The hotel was conveniently right off the highway. The service and the room were both very good.
Room was very clean, bed very comfortable.
I chose this hotel because of the breakfast that was included - which worked out very well. There was a great selection of food at the breakfast buffet - hot & cold. Plus their sticky buns were very popular (too sweet for me but other guests were enjoying). Staff kept it all well-stocked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
EnglishMary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your experience. I am glad that you found our facilities and staff enjoyable to your liking. I hope on your next travel to Rochester, you will think of us again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks on business. The staff was more than accommodating to our very large and loud group. Some of my coworkers complained of their rooms being dirty, but personally the two rooms I stayed in were over the course of two weeks were very clean. The breakfast was so, so. It was included, so I can't complain. There are so many shops and restaurants within a 1/2 mile, you can always grab something somewhere else. The coffee was always fresh and available in the lobby.

Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AmieRoe
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
AmieRoe,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I am glad that our staff and services we offered worked for you when you were here on business. I hope we find you back in our hotel soon!

Hertford - England
Reviewed October 27, 2013

3 nights there this October. It was ideally situated for seeing friends in Pittsford, and hardly a 15 minute drive to Rochester airport. Very easy to book online, and check in quick with courteous staff. Nice large room on ground floor that was clean and had all items functioning. Large flat screen tv. And more important, a very comfortable bed. Breakfast provided, and it was very good ... a large selection of pastries and breads, plus bacon/sausage/ham/cheese/omelettes at times. More than ample with hot coffee provided (through the day). Loads of parking for everyone, on each side of the building. Never had an issue (as previously reported on tripadvisor) of pulling out onto Monroe Ave, even at peak rush hour times ... a patient wait of just a few minutes would do the trick. This place served my visit comfortably ... would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are convenient.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2Sweeties
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
2Sweeties,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience with us. I am glad that you found our accommodation's and services above your standards. I hope on your next travel to Rochester you chose to say with us.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I tried making reservations online, but ended calling the 800 number because of needing handicap. I worked with Lori on the room and she assured me "This particular room has a wheel chair",; which I stated I usually have to bring my own. So she was nice enough to double check with the hotel. When we arrived, we found no wheel chair, but a Shower Chair. I said something to the girl at the desk and she was leaving the manager a note. We had to try and use a rolling desk chair, which did not want to cooperate at all. It was quite an ordeal the next morning. Thank God the place we had an appointment with allowed us to use one of their wheel chairs for the next night. The manager never made an attempt to talk with us, which was a little disappointing. As far as the hotel....It was very nice, clean, looked like a very nice breakfast setup and the employees were polite. The bed & pillows were comfy. Unfortunately, the people above us got up at 5:30 am and I could not go back to sleep, I doubt they realized their walking was keeping us awake. They should sound-proof the ceilings. We were in RM.103 and I really couldn't hear any traffic noise outside. Would I stay here again.....yes.., but I will bring my wheel chair & maybe ear plugs. Ha!

Room Tip: If you don't need a handicap room, take the 2nd floor room. On the lower floor, you can hear an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Beverly M,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am sorry for the confusion about the wheelchair. I hope you will stay with us again In the near future on your next trip to Rochester.