Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Montreal, Canada
“PROS and CONS”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

PROS:
Friendly staff+++
Location is great for shopping
Good breakfast
Coffee available at all times

CONS:
Small washroom, no counter space
Ants in my room
Hard to get on the roadlane because of the traffic
Could smell bacon etc in my room coming from the lobby
Old furnishing
Could hear the squeaking floor from upstairs
TV remote is non-friendly user

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road. Get 2nd floor room on the main building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank douglas41
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear douglas41,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that our location was convenient and you found our staff to be friendly. However, I regret the issues you encountered with the room you were given. Your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to improve on this aspect.

Despite this, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a way to start a morning. With a smile. Just a simple smile from a warm and friendly morning crew, Lisa & Juan not only made my breakfast but made my day. The extra effort some people put in pays off more then they sometimes realize. If we all just tried a little more to smile to a stranger, we would enjoy our day a litte more by making others walk down the path of their day with a smile themseles. Give a little, get a lot. Lisa & Juan get it and give it.

Room Tip: first floor guarantees waking up to the smell of breakfast!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the holiday inn express jan 18/19, 2013 for the CAN AM volleyball tournament.
The staff was very friendly. Room clean. Lobby was spacious with lots of tables so that the team ate pizza and played cards in the lobby.
Breakfast was available from 6:30-10 each morning with everything from a pancake machine, bacon, toast, yoghurt, etc. it was a great spread for a team of hungry athletes.
It was located near grocery stores, shops and restaurants.
Pretty ideal.

Room Tip: Building 2.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Jjwtoronto,

Thank you for giving us a response of your team trip to Rochester for the tournament. I am glad that our location and amenities worked well for your team. I hope to see you again next year for the tournament.

Spring Valley, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here to participate in a family party in Brighton, and it was fine. The front desk staff were very helpful, and the hotel is smack in the middle of great shopping, including Wegman's, which is a must for getting in-room munchies. A complaint (at the risk of giving TMI), is that my daughter had a surprise need for feminine products, and they didn't have for purchase (let along as a complimentary "something I forgot"). But the place was fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Cynthia K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad that our location worked well for your party in Brighton. I hope next time you come to our area you will choose to stay with us again.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff make this hotel a great place to stay. Their warm welcome is greatly appreciated after a long travel. Heather is very personable and attentive as are other staff as well. The breakfast is set up well and clean and fresh. The fitness room is a nice addition. The nearby restaurants make the environment easy to meet your needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
annetteh828,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your experience with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that Heather was helpful for you. I will be sure to give Heather recognition for her great effort. I hope next time you are in Rochester you will stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

After some Thanksgiving drama with a sibling that over-imbibed, I found myself & my son without a place to stay. I came rolling in after midnight and handed over my card without even asking how much it was going to set me back. Fortunately, the room was relatively clean. The toilet did look like it had been wiped down with dirty water, but the seat looked okay. The shower was more of a mist, and the breakfast didn't really taste like real food. Was it worth the $129 + tax I spent? No. But it was quiet and the beds were freshly made, and it was a roof over our heads when we needed it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Onsafari c,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to get you into a room so that you would have some place to go. I hope you visit us again when you are in town with family.

McLean, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was not what I expected. The hotel comprises of 2 buildings (one next to a fast food type restaurant). Although the bed was decent, the rest of the room was a bit gross. The carpet was all patched up and the bathroom was outdated. We stayed there a total of two nights. On the first day we noticed that our shower didn't work. We notified the hotel at 6 am the next morning. It was not fixed until 2 pm that day (even though we had asked for a new room). When the service man repaired the shower a horrible smell penetrated the room. I can only imagine what was uncovered. The morning we left, we noticed the biggest, grossest silverfish bug on the wall. ...Nasty...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
travelgal22102,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. I will definitely investigate the conditions you described and see that they are corrected or improved. We are in the process of getting carpets replaced and working on doing some renovations throughout the building to give a fresh look. I know that there is never an excuse for providing a guest such as you with anything less than the perfect experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit to our hotel.