“Not bad”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here for a friends birthday party. I can't complain my gf and I enjoyed the view of the city from our room and the place was clean and the place looks like it keeps up to date.
We had a good breakfast it was an extra charge but that was ok. Not sure the location is worth over 100 dollars but the room was nice so I would stay again

• Stayed: March 2014
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for the review of our downtown Rochester location. Your feedback is very important to us.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the nice view of Rochester from your room. We strive to make our rooms a comfortable environment that are always clean and up to date and the view always enhances that.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Myself and my Wife had a wonderful time hosting our Wedding at Hyatt in Rochester. To make it more fun and easy access for our guest coming from London, Spain, Ghana and in and around USA. We had a room block which consist of 2 floors was fantastic, Chet Whisler is a Great coordinator and was wonderful till the very end of proceeding.He is the man to talk to if you ever wanted to have an event at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice with a bottle of complementary champagne
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester property at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Congratulations again on your wedding! Thank you for sharing such a special day with us. I am glad you had a wonderful experience. Thank you so much for the kind words about Chet. He is great at what he does and I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comments. As well as the great things you had to say about Garland and Nicole. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant and all they have to offer.

Thank you for the review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I usually stay at the two to three story brand name "Inn" or "Suites". Downtown Rochester is a different situation, especilly in the winter. This full service hotel has it all: parking, lounge, common areas, restraurant, pool, etc. You do not want to be wandering the city streets at 7am trying to find a breakfast place; nice breakfast choices in the morning. Courteous staff and nicely decorated property. This is a value proposition that you will not find in other cities. I'd come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester property. Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm glad you found our full service hotel enjoyable with our parking, common areas, lounge, pool, and restaurant. The new breakfast menu has been a great success and I'm glad you appreciated that as well. Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I really loved my stay at the Hyatt in Rochester. The place was perfect for my busy work weekend however I felt comfortable and taking care of. I had limited time to get ready and get moving and they hotel was right on top of getting me different things I needed and helping to answer questions.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and how helpful they were during your busy stay with us. Our staff is very dedicated to ensuring all of our guests are comfortable and are taken care of while they stay with us,.

Again, thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was one of the one's closest to the Blue Cross Arena and we were attending a show there. Very convenient location, next to the convention center, Blue Cross and the world famous Dinosaur Bar-b-Que!

Although the hotel is in need of an upgrade, the public areas are pleasant and bright. Room was comfortable, clean and the bed was very nice. They do have hypo allergenic rooms as well.

Staff was pleasant and very helpful, all in all a very nice place for your visit the Rochester. Come during the annual Lilac Festival for a really aromatic experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester location. Your feedback is very important to us.

Our central location is very beneficial for those looking to really experience all that Rochester has to offer. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that they were comfortable, clean and had a nice bed. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. We do have some really nice people working here and its great to see that being acknowledged.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is the fourth time that I have stayed at the Rochester Hyatt. I have had generally good experiences but this time was different. My room was not up to par: running toilet, carpet not vacuumed thoroughly, indentation in one of the beds, and thick dust on the phone. The front desk apologetically gave me a new room which was much better and even sent fruit to my room. The next morning, I selected the oatmeal at the breakfast buffet. The oatmeal was so runny that it was more like gravy than oatmeal. The waiter and manager agreed that it was sub-par and deducted it from my bill. The next morning, the oatmeal on the buffet was better. There are signs on every floor advising guests that quiet hours are from 9:00 pm - 9:00 am. Nevertheless, at 8:23 am, housekeeping was banging on all of the doors on my floor. I complained to the front desk and housekeeping arrived later the next day. Again, the front desk was very apologetic.
Each time I complained, the situation was remedied. But, I think that some of those situations could have been avoided up front.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I apologize that the experience did not meet your expectations. We do strive to give every guest a comfortable and clean room and it seems like this past experience did not do so. We hope that you can view this past experience as a one time occurrence instead of a continuous concern. I would love to get the chance to show you how great of an experience you can have with us.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here for a celebration weekend. My grandparents 50th anniversary and my brothers 26th birthday. From the start the staff was amazing! Lori really helped make our stay wonderful. She made sure we had everything we needed right from the start. Some of the family got in late on Friday and were able to eat in the restaurant and have a champagne toast. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. At the breakfast buffet, which is 100% worth the cost there were plenty of options. There is also a menu if you are not as hungry. Lori talked with our table and treated us like royalty the whole time we were there, she knew we were celebrating because the great waitress from the night before had let her know :) Saturday night we went out for dinner and returned to the hotel for a few drinks at the bar. There is a huge projector screen on the wall where you can watch sports or whatever else on t.v. Sunday morning I had to be up early to catch a train. I was about to grab coffee in the lobby when Lori saw me and called me over to wrap me up a bagel and coffee for my long ride. I will definitely stay here whenever I return to Rochester. Shout out to Garland who took care of us Saturday morning :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property, Hyatt Regency Rochester.

I am very glad to hear you had a wonderful time for your grandparents 50th anniversary and your brother's 26th birthday. Thank you for all the wonderful things you had to say about Lori and Garland. They are exceptional at what they do and it is nice to see them being recognized. I will be sure to pass on the great compliments.

The clean rooms, breakfast buffet, and projector screen in the restaurant are also great as they make our guests feel comfortable and at home.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.