“Nice Comfortable Stay”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for its proximity to a place we wanted to visit during a trip to the Rochester area for a wedding. They were very helpful when I had to ask them to let my daughter check in for me due to a flight delay. She round the hotel easy to find and very welcoming. One hiccup...the front desk rep didn't know about the word of the week which provides a guest with free parking and wifi. She had to go back down to reception later in the afternoon to find someone who could get that straightened out. They need to have an office memo I guess. The room was comfortable, especially the beds. Interestingly, the bathrooms are in need of a 50% rehab. The flooring, sink, countertop and lighting have obviously been upgraded, but the toilet and shower really need to be replaced. There was no refrigerator which was disappointing. The biggest annoyance to me was that the lobby coffee in the morning.......was a $2.00 charge. I'm sorry, but at even the economy chains they offer free morning coffee. The invoice that arrived under our door was correct, but at check out I asked that they verify that my credit card was the one that would be charged. A reprinted invoice contained a charge for parking. I brought this to the desk rep's attention and he corrected it after asking me yet again what the word was. They need to work out the kinks on that.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel website and visit the Facebook page for the word of the week for free parking (4) an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reivew our hotel. I apologize there we some small items that we failed to exceed your expectations on. We appreciate your review because these comments give us a chance to go back to our staff and ensure everyone is aware of such programs as our WORD package. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years. Excellent downtown location within walking distance to many interesting points of interest including restaurants...Check-out the Dinosaur BBQ...

The rooms are very clean. Staff is great. Service is excellent. Great Breakfast offering. The place to stay downtown!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our Hyatt on Tripadvisor. We are really excited you ejoyed your visit and that you have been coming for years and we can still continue to delight. Dinosaur BBQ is a great place isn't it. Try the pulled pork sandwich in our restauarant.....very good. We hope to see you soon. Take care.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for approx 2 weeks when we went to visit our daughter for Christmas.
The food in the restaurant was very good and the service was excellent.
Front desk staff and housekeeping were great, too.
Drawback: they charge for internet service (seriously?) and parking.
Great pool and fitness center.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your visit and our customer service. As for the internet and parking, We understand some hotels do offer complimentary unsecured Internet in there rooms and I know we do not but we do offer various packages/rooms which include Internet as well as free access in our lobby, restaurant and bar area. We also offer special giveaways on our Face book page which you can visit and get the WORD of the week which if given at check in you get complimentary Internet and parking. I apologize the Internet affected your stay but hope to see you back again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and we enjoyed using the fitness center and pool. With what the rooms cost, we were disappointed that Internet service was an extra $9.99 a day for one computer. We also wished that the room included an area guide. There was a restaurant guide in the lobby, but it was limited. There was no information that we could find on area attractions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We really appreciate your review and your comments about our staff. We strive for excellent customer service with all our guests and I am certainly glad you got to experience that. Jess and Tess have been recognized for your comments and we all hope to see you back soon. All the best.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Jess & Tess (the young ladies at the front desk) were very professional, courteous and empathetic. I had an issue with my room and these young ladies (Jess & Tess) rectified the issue immediately without escalating it to a supervisor. These young ladies wanted to make sure that my stay was comfortable and that I had a home away from home.

Also, I enjoyed eating at the restaurant. The staff was very attentive and ensured that I was satisfied with the service.

If I am visiting Rochester, I will definitely stay here again.

Keep up the EXCELLENT work JESS & TESS.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Courtney M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for the 4 star review on trip adivsor! We do post the word of the week on our Facebook page which gets you free wifi and free parking! Our guest service ambassadors are more than happy to give information on Rochester attractions, restaurants, etc. See you next time your travels bring you to Rochester.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is a classic example of how NOT TO RUN A HOTEL:
No airport transfers after 23h00
On check-in we were told that the room with two double beds that we had booked on-line was not guaranteed (a problem for a Mom travelling with her 18 year old son). When I insisted that this is the room we had booked, a 2 bed room was found - directly opposite the ice making machine which runs 24 hours a day and is extremely noisy (I thought these machines on hotel floors, were made redundant in the '70's).
Our daily newspaper never arrived
The room is only serviced at 16h00 in the afternoon - usually just as we were arriving from our day out - you cannot hope to enjoy a snack in the hotel restaurant at this time because it is closed and you will be told to go back to your room and order room service. The quality of the servicing of the room is poor.
No laundry is accepted on week-ends
The location of the hotel in "downtown" Rochester is not great. The receptionist told us not to turn left when we go out of the hotel on our jog as we may find ourselves in an unpleasant part of town.
I work and travel all over the world and often stay at a Hyatt Hotel. This hotel is a very poor reflection of the usual brand quality of this hotel group.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry your stay was not what you expected. Thank you for the valuable feedback you provided us. We are always endeavoring ways to improve our guest services.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really enjoy staying at this hotel everytime I go to Rochester for work. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very well kept and clean (they even left the light on for me when I first entered the room). The bar was great, again great service, friendly staff, good selection of liquors and the food was excellent. I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Courtney M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for the review on TripAdivsor. I will pass along the great comments to the staff at the Scene on Main Lounge. See you next time you visit Downtown Rochester!