“Great hotel with great service”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I always stay at the Hyatt Regency when visiting Rochester (probably 10 times a year). Great location, good bar and restaurant and here's a key in the snow belt ........ indoor parking!!

Recently I left a hat and gloves behind and was already in another city when I realized it. I called Kurt at the front desk and he was able to reunite my stuff with me. Thanks Kurt!!

I highly recommend this hotel any season of the year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Wow, thank you for the great comments on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate the comments about our Downtown Rochester hotel. I am glad your hat and gloves made it to you. We hope you come back and visit again soon as you will need them for the winter cold! Take care.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Rochester suite, large spacious room (2 baths, dining, kitchen etc) expecting our "normal" Hyatt experience (which is always wonderful) and found an empty soda can next to the bed and a bag of garbage/empty "4loco" can behind the towels in the bathroom, along w/ my 2 1/2 yo son finding several random pieces if garbage throughout.
In a room of this nature the walls should not be filthy, nor should the fridge (on top of the above issues), but they were...
The service and location were great though! It was not the front desks fault by any means; however, they were very apologetic and friendly (did not comp room or move us though). The manager even followed up w/an email a couple days later. I would stay again just based on the staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your stay with us. Your feedback is crucial in helping us continuously improve our hotel and guest service.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your satisfaction is always our top priority. I apologize you received a room that was less than clean. I hope you will come back to stay with us as I know we can do better for you.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our second stay at the Hyatt Regency Rochester was a great one. The room was very clean, very quiet and the bed was great! We were served at breakfast by Garland and we saw how dedicated he was. We checked out with Cheryl who's candor made our day. She truly is a super employee. High marks to the Hyatt Regency Rochester which is becoming our hotel of choice when in Rochester. Book it with confidence.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad our Downtown Rochester location fits your needs so well. Cheryl and Garland are wonderful and we are glad to have them part of the Hyatt family. Thank you for recognizing them. We will ensure they get the message. All the best and see you next time.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel for the past four years in the middle of January's frigid temperatures, the Hyatt is a very warm place to stay and convenient to the Convention Center without going outside. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable and the bed and pillows a dream! The shower water pressure was wonderful and the new large screen HDTV great to watch the NFL and AFL Playoff games. Since I was there for the annual NYS Association of Fairs Convention and trade show at the Convention Center, did not have the chance to eat in their restaurant, but I hear the food, presentation and service is excellent!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Your comments about the staff and facility will be shared with the team here at the Hyatt. We look forward to your next visit and we will make sure to put your game on the big screen. Take care.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I use this hotel every year to go to a convention. We like it because it is close to the civic center and you don't have to go outside to get there. Room prices are reasonable and the staff is wonderful. I always use the bellhop to get our bags to the room. We like the ability to take the car and go shopping. The garage is next door and you can park so that your car does not get snow on it. The morning buffet was good but expensive at $16 and did not change much during the week. Had a chance to use the business center to print some letters and was amazed to see that the hotel charges by the minute to use their computer and printer. Had a small problem with our room on the 18th floor. It seems that the elevators had squeeky bearings or rails at this level. Talked to the engineer who said it was the phone in the room next door. We finally traced the noise to the elevator. However the bed was comfortable and it allowed us to have a good sleep. The bathroom was clean and neat but I miss the counters found in most bathrooms to put things on such as toothbrushes, paste, medicines, etc. Upon checking out I again called for a bellhop and before long a nice young women manager came with the cart. Said she did not want us to have to wait long since we were checking out. I thought that was nice and she could handle our large bags too. Overall we like this hotel.

Steven Berninger

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for giving us a 5 star review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our Downtown Rochester location close to the Civic Center. Our Chef is always happy to hear when our guests rave about his buffet so on behalf of Chef, thank you. We hope to see you on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If your looking for the best hotel in downtown Rochester close to the Convention Center you can't get any better than this. The room was clean and comfortable. They have a nice restaurant but I did not eat there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate you staying with us and we are glad you liked the location as we are close to the Rochester Convention Center. See you next time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

So last week I was on a trip for work. They have clean, well appointed rooms. I had a beautiful view of the Genesee River. I slept like a log in the comfy bed. Love the white ginger scent of their toiletries & like the free small tube of Aquafresh toothpaste.

Only thing I don't like is the stairs from the van drop off level to the main lobby. They do have a wheelchair lift that you could put your suitcases in but it takes so long & is so slow it's quicker to lug your suitcase up the stairs.

I didn't make it to the gym or eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on those. However, The Dinosaur BBQ is a short walk & I LOVE their food! Always get some sauces to go. :)

Room Tip: River view is nice.