“Happy with service and facility expect internet and parking charges” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Rochester

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Happy with service and facility expect internet and parking charges”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this almost last min and got good deal, shopping trip waterloo, NY
Hotel has good location, and from the room aerial view of city is amazing, nice comfortable bed
When we asked for wireless internet, we have been told it will cost $14/ days that was bit of disappointment (even cheap hotels now days give complimentary wireless) as well parking charges per day
Hotel have indoor pool and small gym that is good facility,

When I had breakfast I seen some food partials on floor that mean housekeeping is not good in eat in area ( check pic)

They offer a membership card called, gold passport
I can say over all i am very happy with service and facility expect internet and parking charges

Thanks

Room Tip: check parking and wi fi charges
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We understand some hotels do offer complimentary unsecured Internet in there and I know we do not but we do offer various packages which include Internet as well as free access in our lobby, restaurant and bar area. We also offer special giveaways on our Face book page which you can visit and get the WORD of the week which if given at check in you get complimentary Internet and parking. I apologize the Internet affected your stay. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Voorheesville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently had a business trip to Rochester and stayed at the Hyatt. The lobby was a problem, with 2 long sets of stairs up and no one about to help me with my bags. The room was clean, spacious and had a lovely view at night of the lights of the city. The TV had little selection on channels and the Internet was not free which makes a business trip evening very dull. The area around the hotel has nothing in walking distance. The restaurant breakfast was very expensive at $16.00 for the buffet which was just ok. Even coffee in the lobby which is usually complimentary was $2.00. The housekeeping was very good. The day I checked out the staff was helpful with getting my bags down the steps.
All in all it was ok but I was surprised that the Hyatt did not provide the nice touches that make you want to return.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Allen M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Rochester, and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor. You mentioned some concern in regards to the stairs in the lobby, the cost of internet, breakast and coffee in the lobby in the morning. I can assure you that I will follow up with our management team with your concern so that we may evaluate internally and continue to improve the hotel. I am happy that you found your room to be spacious, clean and have a lovely view of the city! Our housekeeping staff is committed to exceeding guest expectations. If there is anyway we can assist you further, or more fully address your concerns, please feel free to contact me. We very much appreciate your patronage and looking forward to hosting you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Obviously a quality hotel with excellent rooms and comfort is at it's best. The hotel is downtown and lots of stuff around it. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds of the highest quality. If you need a good nights sleep you'll get it here.
The checkin was good, a lot of people checking in and the clerk had to go to the back for something so it took a bit longer but not bad.
The workout area was a 8 out of 10 and it has a nice pool good for laps. about 40' long and the water was perfect at about 82deg.
The TV's look like new and are BIG, you'll like them. Although the rooms aren't huge they are comfortable and good size, the views from the upper rooms are fairly nice.

If you like theis review please mark helpful
Thanks
Berny

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms next to the ice machine. When people use them there are no doors and it can...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
I am so glad you found Hyatt Regency Rochester to provide excellent service during your stay! The TVs in our rooms are large and thank you for noticing! I hope you choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the Rochester! Hope to see you soon and read some more of your great comments on Tripadvisor.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Booked the Hyatt on the AAA rate as I had meetings downtown, the rate was terrific! The Staff were polite and really tried hard to make my stay pleasant. Nice Lobby Bar and great breakfast buffet. Only negative is that the room furnishings are a little beat up and need replacing. Really convenient location, a block away from the most excellent BBQ joint - Dinosaur.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing South towards the River
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for being a loyal Hyatt guest! I apologize the room layout wasn't to your liking, but we are taking steps to improve our furnishings and I'm certain they are improving! Thank you again for staying at our downtown Rochester hotel and close to Dinosaur BBQ which is always a positive! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've come to realize that the saying "don't knock it 'til you try it" is quite true. Whenever I research a place to go/stay/eat, I'm always sure to check Tripadvisor. And once again, I've come to realize that I must not be as high maintenance as other reviewers.

My experience at the Rochester Hyatt was exceptional. From check-in to a great nights sleep, we have no complaints! Well, maybe the location of the hotel, but other than that, we were very pleased. Upon check-in (which was smooth thanks to Samantha), we found our king bed room to be spacious, with a great view of the Genesee River. The outside sink was very handy, especially for guys who have girls that like to get dolled up :). The TV was likely 52" or so, with plenty of channels to choose from. We did not use room service, however we did receive a complimentary bottle of champagne and strawberries from the hotel, which was an unexpected bonus! The parking situation was fine. The garage is secure and safe. I would only warn others with a magnetic money clip not to keep the ticket near the magnet, as I had trouble twice until I realized what was happening.

Overall. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Don't sweat the negative reviews.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Rochester on Tripadvisor! I'm so glad you found our location and staff to be most excellent and I'll be sure to pass along the compliments! We love being nestled next to the Genessee River and the Downtown Rochester area and glad to hear you found it to be great, too! Our Facebook Word of the Week program allows you to receive 24 hrs of free wi-fi and discounted daily parking the next time you visit us....and we hope that's soon! Take care.
Rockford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I were going home from the East Coast and decided to spend 2 nights in Rochester. We looked and looked on-line for a place to stay and finally decided to take a chance on the Hyatt Regency Rochester because it was central to the downtown area.

It's not a bad place to stay and is centrally located. The staff are friendly and helpful. The place is clean. We valet-parked our car and walked everywhere once we got there. The problem with the place is that it is in need of a good update. Carpets are worn/have nubs; the chairs squeak and cave when you sit in them. Everything just looks tired. That being said, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are large. The view of the city was great!

We never ate at the hotel because the breakfast seemed very expensive. We just wanted a little something in the morning and so ventured out to find something. There's a nice coffee shop very close called Abbott's on St. Paul which is great (opens at 7am). There's also a Subway not too far away.

My only other observation about this hotel is that I ended up paying when I booked the reservation. I'm not sure how that happened. All I know is when I got the charge on my billing statement and we hadn't taken the trip yet I was a little surprised. Luckily everything turned out okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and give us a thorough rating of your stay with us. Your feedback is crucial in helping us continuously improve our hotel and guest service.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your satisfaction is always our top priority. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all our guests as well as ensure all your needs are met while visiting. We do offer various breakfast packages which include room and breakfast which could help curb the cost of breakfast in our restaurant. Some of these packages as well as other room rates are lower when you pre-pay in advance as you must have done which is why your credit card was charged in advance. I am glad everything worked out with the room.

We hope to see you back one day.
Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The rooms are lovely. The service is good. They need to work on the valet in the front. It's closed too often. It's a great place to stay if you need to get to Eastman School of Music or the University, both of which are reasonably close. The neighborhood that it is in has entered that shuttered downtown state of decay that is clean, but not exactly welcoming with so many closed storefronts and nowhere decent to eat, or even get a few things at a stop-n-rob. We came in on a Sunday and it is like a ghost town down here. If you stay here, make sure you have a car. Civilization is a few blocks away in any direction, but you will have to drive there.

It would be great if the downtown could incentivize opening more restaurants and shops to bring people back to the neighborhood. It looks like it was beautiful in its heyday.

It's good value for the money, save the $9.99/day they charge for Internet. Add a few bucks to the room rate and offer it "FREE." Be a hero. That's a cheap-out Hyatt nickel and dime problem, though, not the hotel itself.

Room Tip: They have the nice "respire" rooms for those of us with allergies who hate dirty hotel a/c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We thank you very much for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel. I am glad the location of the hotel fit your needs. Rochester is a city you do need a car should you want to travel away from downtown. We work with the City of Rochester to attract new and exciting downtown opportunities and will continue to do so. A tip about the internet. There is a charge but we offer free internet in our lobby, restaurant and bar and if you are coming to visit and you Like our Facebook page you can get the "WORD" of the week and if you say it to a front desk associate you get free guestroom internet. I hope this helps. Take care and see you next time.