“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
Wellsville
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Choose this hotel because it was so close to airport, plus it had a hot tub and pool. We were also able to eat at their Grill so we didn't need to leave the property. Food was great, service and staff were good. Definitely will go back there in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear JanJ,
Was so glad to have read your nice review. Sounds like you were able to utilize all our wonderful features in the hotel including our new Menu now being offered in the Restaurant and Lounge.
Hope you will stay again in the future,
Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight with a wedding group on a Saturday night. I have to give serious credit to Sarah, the Night Auditor! She was extremely busy with our intoxicated group, and a huge bus tour of about 50 people! She was insanely sweet and patient and handled everything well. The security team was great, too. Rob was a big help and was extremely pleasant. And the shuttle driver, (they call him Por), poor guy, honestly, I understand why he got the nickname; he was an excellent trooper taking us from the reception.

It was quite an inconvenience that there only seemed to be 1 set of stairs and the 600 wing was like a mile away from the lobby, and one of the ceiling tiles fell and shattered all over the hallway floor because of the rain storm. A little dangerous to be honest.

However, the rooms were very clean and well maintained and the staff was just excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear LeahC,
I appreciate the complimentary words used to describe the services you and your group received from Sara, Por and the security team here. Sorry about the ceiling tile, the rain got in somewhere to do this damage, it was quickly repaired. Glad to hear your group had a great time, hope you'll come back next year.
Painted Post, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We choose this hotel because we flew out of ROC at 4:30 am for our honeymoon and its only 5 minutes from the airport. One big minus they had no elevator so we had to drag our bags up the stairs! The room was very dated and the beds not great but at least it was clean. The plus was it was cheap they they shuttle you to the airport for free and come pick you up!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Barry K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that our complimentary shuttle service was appreciated. It is regrettable though that we fell short of your expectations when it comes to our rooms and second floor access. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are taken into account and will be used when considering improvements in the near future.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we get another chance to host you again.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Arrived an hour earlier than check in but room wasn't available till 3:00pm. Room was average, bed and linens were clean. Washroom exhaust fan was broken, as well as thermostat. Couldn't turn off air, and air conditioner was rattling a lot, it kept waking me up at night. Service was nice, and saw a funny comedy show at the bar. Pool and amenities were average, seems like the place was starting to get run down. Overall enjoyed my stay, but I think the price should be a little lower, considering there wasn't a fridge or microwave.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Alex C,
I certainly appreciate the feedback provided in your review. I am sorry that you experienced any issue. I wish I was able to track your room number so I could have taken my Executive Housekeeper with me to look into your concerns. I appreciate the high ratings you gave the hotel and will use what information I can to look at ways to better this hotel.
North East, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a group of over 20 cyclists riding on the Erie Canal Bike Trail. The trail ends right into the parking lot of the hotel! This hotel can accommodate a large number of guests with first floor rooms for either storing the bikes in our rooms or they will store them for you. The staff was friendly and helpful to our bike tour. Rooms are attractive, clean and comfortable. The pillows are too soft (even the firm ones). We had breakfast both days and they were OK. Small frigs would be nice.

• 4 of 5 stars
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear RuthD,
For biking enthusiasts, it doesn't get any easier than this hotels parking lot virtually connects to the bike path !! I was so glad you and your fellow bike group were able to view the beautiful Erie Canal right in my back yard. I saw many of your group this morning on your way out and everyone seemed real happy and anxious to get back on those bikes. Hope you can tell many other bike groups about our location, and your group stops by again real soon.
Niagara Falls, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had gotten a room at the Holiday Inn for an overnight stay during a business trip. Check in was fast and efficient.

As many reviews had mentioned, the hotel is BIG and made up of several sections. The room I has stayed in was towards the back but I was able to park near an entrance and found my room easily.

The room was large and pretty clean. Yes the couch and furniture had a little bit of age to them, but were all clean and in decent shape. The room had a flat screen tv, coffee maker and free wireless internet. Internet worked well for me and I was able to do some work from my room.

The shower had good pressure, though the bathroom was a bit small, it was manageable.

The hotel was quiet and the bed and pillows were comfortable for a good sleep.

I did have a drink at the bar, which was surprisingly busy. Beer was a little pricey for the area, but it was convenient.

The hotel is by the airport, but not many amenities nearby, so shopping or food does require at least a 5 minute car ride.

Would visit again if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included in the rate, and it didn't appear that there was an economical place n...
Dear dak1124,
I certainly appreciate the detailed review received. You described the hotel well and I was pleased you were able to experience many of the outlets. If you are looking for breakfast included in a future rate, we do offer this as an advance purchase rate. Something you may be interested in. I'll be sure to share with all my associates and I hope your travels will bring you through Rochester NY soon and we can accommodate your lodging needs.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

On 6/28 2014 night hotel Front desk is terrible. Ask for morning call twice but never set up for us

Front desk is rude. Won't suggest to stay. Terrible service. Wish hotel can do better than this

6/28

Dear Qsoya,
I was very disappointed to have read your review, especially since we receive numerous compliments regarding the desk associates. At least identifying the date will assist in my pursuit for answers from my team. I appreciate the brief feedback received.