“Business Trip”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel midweek as i was in the area on business. I had previously stayed in a Holiday Inn at Gatwick Airport back in March so was quite happy to book this company again. I would say that the Holiday Inn Gatwick was far better than this one, with the One at Rochester being average compared Gatwicks Good. The reception staff were good and the rooms were clean and well presented, although I was disappointed that I had booked a double non smoking online and was offered a double smoking room, to which i declined and ended up in a twin. However the biggest disappointment was the restaurant. I opted for the meal deal that the reception staff promoted quite well and my advise is don't do it, if you going to eat in pick something off the main menu. The meal deal is drab,minimal choice and small in portion size.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear BarrieWade,
I appreciate the feedback provided as you stayed in Rochester on business. I was pleased to hear the room accommodations were well kept and clean. I am confused on the "Meal Deal" you mentioned. We do not offer anything by this name. We do have a full service restaurant that offers nightly dinner specials to go with a full service menu.
Thanks again for the feedback and hope you'll continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't believe we paid as much as we did to get as little as this hotel offers. No breakfast, no fridge or microwave, and no quiet at night. Drunk people roaming the halls, slamming doors. Earplugs were needed and nearly caused us to miss the fire alarm at midnight. Perhaps a joke from the comedy club at the hotel?

Hotel is old. Reasonably well maintained. Staff was friendly, but couldn't control their unruly clientele. Room was clean. Beds old and not good for multiple night stays. At half the price, it would be acceptable. But there are clearly better options in town that offer better value and perhaps better quality. We use IHG brand hotels frequently, but this one is crossed off our list!

Stayed: April 2014
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear JAB-MI,
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you felt there wasn't enough value added with your rate. Some of the Value added rates do include Breakfast in the future. I do apologize that the fire alarm went off Saturday evening, I know how much of an inconvenience this causes everyone, and I am sorry this occurred. Hope you understand we value all our guests and hope you will give us the opportunity again to show you what great services and staff we have.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

very friendly hotel in a useful location.We held a family function there and had a great time.the staff and management were very helpful and helped us have a great time, without it being too costly.The food provided was very good and the bar staff did a good job. Quite a few of our guests stayed overnight and were well impressed with the breakfast. A few rooms were a bit cramped and having a shower proved a trifle difficult.
However,overall this is a good place to stay and is very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: pick the right room,even if it means inspecting it first and avoid rooms facing road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear johnny,
Thank you for such a nice review. We all appreciate the fact you and your family were able to experience what a great team of employees we have here. Glad to hear the family reunion went well and we played a small part in it's success. Hope we can take care of any future reunions.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I overall have to give my stay a 3. Hotel good, clean, people nice, but the restaraunt was poor. Food mediocre and service poor. meals did not arrive to the table even remotely close to each other for breakfast or dinner. Stay at the hotel but plan to eat out!

Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Hollowhound,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but was disappointed to hear of any concerns in the Restaurant. We take much pride in our services and I do apologize if these services were not what was expected. I have shared your comments within the Food & Beverage departments to insure this from reoccurring.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I'm actually staying here now, and I'm very impressed with the staff. My family member is having surgery at a local hospital, and the staff here at HI were nice enough to allow me an early check in so I wouldn't have to hang around the hospital until 3pm. I did have to switch my type of room to a smaller bed, but am so thankful to have a place to rest that the bed size isn't an issue. Started my morning with the eggs Benedict from the Divino(sp?), and now have a full and satisfied stomach. The walk to the different parts of the hotel isn't nearly as bad as some reviews led me to believe, and the exercise is welcome. :) The room is clean and just what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Looking forward to checking out the pool and jacuzzi later, as well as the ROC restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear kimmybbbyeah,
Thank for taking time to write us such a wonderful review especially under the duress you must be going thru at the hospital. I am glad you have enjoyed your visit along with the hotels features, and do wish you the best of luck at the hospital.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

When I turned my bed down at night there was a blood stain on the underside of the comforter. They changed my linens immediately but it's apparent they are not remaking all the beds in between stays. The room did not feel clean or fresh.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank takemeouttoeat

Dear takemeouttoeat,
Thank you for your message. I am terribly sorry that a stain had been found. We do in fact clean the linens from guest to guest. My Executive Housekeeper was informed of this so this doesn't happen to another valued guest. I am glad my team responded so quickly and again do apologize this occurred.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to leaving on a vacation. The first room was dirty, no vent in bathroom, ants and the toilet was not working. We were switched to another room and the noise in the hallway during the evening hours was so loud we had to call for assistance. There were numerous "hockey players" who hung out in the hallway screaming, shouting etc....No sleep at all with a young family to travel with the next day!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank owe2014
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear owe2014,
Thank you for sharing your comments, I do appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we had some kids disturbing you. I am aware that my security was addressing these concerns as they worked with all our guests to insure everyone enjoyed their stay. We will continue staying on top of these in the future.