“Not the best!”

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Hamilton, Canada
“Not the best!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to leaving on a vacation. The first room was dirty, no vent in bathroom, ants and the toilet was not working. We were switched to another room and the noise in the hallway during the evening hours was so loud we had to call for assistance. There were numerous "hockey players" who hung out in the hallway screaming, shouting etc....No sleep at all with a young family to travel with the next day!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank owe2014
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear owe2014,
Thank you for sharing your comments, I do appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we had some kids disturbing you. I am aware that my security was addressing these concerns as they worked with all our guests to insure everyone enjoyed their stay. We will continue staying on top of these in the future.
Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed one night before our Jamaican vacation and one night after. We have stayed here many times over the years. The bar is good and if you want to order take out, the front desk has menu's for many restaurants that deliver. The bar is good. We like that you can park you car here for 14 days and the 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport is great. The first night we were upgraded as we are priority club members. Thank you for another great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear kitakuni,
Thank you for the nice comments made about the hotel staff and our services provided. Glad you were able to relax before leaving on vacation. Hope you'll enjoy our renovations that will be complete in time for your next vacation.
Largo, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

First, let me start by saying that the staff treated my team well and we got great rates, including breakfast, online. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and they do have a few updated rooms and a bar. Beyond that, you may want to spend a few extra dollars on a different property. The hotel layout is difficult at best and there is more than one building: not a big deal in summer but it was 9 degrees and walking between the buildings was inconvenient to say the least. There is not an elevator to the second floor; where, oddly enough, the newer updated rooms and the concierge lounge are located. Seems that there really should be an elevator. The breakfast was certainly worth it as there was a full menu available to us and the bar staff treated us very well. It isn't bad for a quick overnight, but they really need to update this property to make it worthwhile for a stay that is more than one night.

Room Tip: If you don't have a big suitcase, take the second floor for a chance at an updated room. Make su...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Scooterc,
I appreciate your feedback , and the time spent to write this review. All feedback is utilized with my team in a positive manner and if needed an opportunity to improve. Our future renovations this year will address the Elevator concern but it will also improve the overall experience for all our guests. We are very excited for this and do hope next year if your travels bring you back to Rochester, you'll stay with us and see for yourself the exciting changes.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The reason why I am giving this an average rating is because the restaurant and bar are terrific and the location is next to the airport for easy access to early/late flights. The bar was great. Half price appetizers that were more than enough for a meal. High quality food too. The service was excellent. The restaurant features Italian food and was also very high quality at a reasonable price.
Where the hotel really stumbles is the rooms. They are in need of a major renovation. I have stayed there on two separate occasions. Both times my room did not have a desk. The hotel is near the airport and must have a lot of business travelers, why would they not have desks?!. Also, the room was terribly outdated, very dark, and honestly not very clean. These are not bright and airy rooms that I am used to when I travel. The hotel lay out is strange and the parking lot is always full. There are better choices in Rochester and I will try something else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear HockeyD,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry you feel there are better options. Though the hotel looks forward to this years renovations, we work especially hard to provide great services to all our guests and I am very confident my team performs at this high service level. Wait to you see what we do with our renovations this year, I'm sure your next review will be more complimentary of the upgrades.
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Dumpy, old, cold, dirty, worn, unfriendly,
smelly, but close to ROC (airport).

I will give credit: the bed was comfy, and the pillows were better than I expected.

Our car was parked at the airport and when we returned United lost out luggage w car keys inside checked luggage (my bad).

I called Holiday Inn, they had room and picked us up and we were on the ground floor, which we requested due to no elevator and the luggage that did not get lost.

Our room was OK. My pet peeves are carpet and tile corners not cleaned. Meaning they vacuum/mop but never clean the corners and the filth builds. This place had a lot of that.

We had a king for $108.00.

The shower head was old and rusty and water sprayed all over the place.

The window was old and original and would not lock. No screen but it is February.

Our TV worked intermittently. In the morning it simply did not work at all. In fact the front desk woman told me this should not be acceptable given these rooms are the "executive" rooms. LOL. Really?!

When we checked out the ceiling in the lobby was dripping water into an old dirty bucket which was 3/4 full of yellow (pee color) ugly water. Welcome to the Holiday Inn!!!

I took photos told the front desk I was going to post them and email Holiday inn she simply shrugged. True pride.

I will never step foot in this place again. It was evident they don't care. In this day it's sad to see such disregard in ownership and hospitality. Taking care of your guests should be a number one priority. Not here.
Stay away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carl S
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Carl S,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry you felt this way. I can assure you because of your impression from one employee who probably didn't know how to handle dripping water that you feel the entire hotel operates in this manner. I assure you that is not true. In fact we take great pride in taking care of our hotel guests. I am trying to figure out what room you stayed in that you had a problem in so I can take the necessary measures to address with my team. I also will look into the desk associate who didn't provide great service we normally provide to all hotel guests. Thank you again for informing us off your stay and by doing so allows me the chance to take care of any concerns for future guests. I do hope your luggage eventually made it to you.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Every year for the past 12 years, I have attended a scrapbook event at this hotel with a group of friends. There is always a large hockey tournament in Rocheste during the same time. The staff has done a great job over the years handling the needs of a large number of varied guests and we love seeing the same staff year after year! They have taken good care of us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Karen C,
Really appreciate you writing such a nice complimentary review. We take a lot of pride in knowing our groups and servicing all their needs. Certainly pleased to be part of your memories the past 12 years. See you soon for your next event.
Gansevoort, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I love Holiday Inn's, but this one is kind of mediocre in my book. They have plastic cups in the rooms instead of glasses and mugs and seemed a bit chintzy on the amenities. The food in their restaraunt was sub par and their waitress clearly hated her job and was notably irritated with our presence. But...the facility was nice and clean and the rest of the staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Geoffsgirl,
Thanks for sharing your review from your recent visit. I am disappointed in the comments made about a waitstaff and promise to look into this. I do appreciate the other nice comments shared as well. Thanks again.