“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Hicksville, New York, Usa
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was on the older side but was clean which is most important. The people at the front desk were very nice. They had lists for places to eat and shop as well as maps and directions. We had dinner as well as breakfast in their restaurant. Everyone was great there too. We were there for a lacrosse game and we got a nice rate as well. We won!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
So your stay turned out to be a Winner as well ! Congratulations on Winning in your tournament, I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff. I am very proud of the team and I am glad you experienced what I see every day! Hope you'll stay next year when it's tournament time!!

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My 10th stay at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport from May 28th-June 11th for my 50th Birthday on May 30th and the Wegmans' LPGA Championship was outstanding in numerous ways. My 50th birthday celebration at the hotel was both memorable and an outstanding example of how much the hotel values Platinum Priority Club members. Room 401 in the Executive Wing has served my needs well for years in terms of the spaciousness of the room, the bathroom vanity, the immaculate housekeeping, and is right next door to the Priority Club Lounge.

The major strength of the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport has always been its exceptional level of customer service. The entire staff not only knows my needs and expectations, but exceeds them! For example, Flo, a Guest Experiences Representative, has worked with me for all of my stays, and always goes out of her way to help with everything from storing my luggage to arranging my taxis to and from Locust Hill Country Club. April, Eugene, Tatiana, Sarah, Shelby, Fernando, and others share Flo's excellence and always go out of their way to make sure that my stay is most memorable.

Vilma Trescott, the Executive Housekeeper, is the finest Housekeeping professional I have ever worked with. Her staff, such as Genessa and Coral, have worked with me for years here and have always provided me with service that fits my schedule, and at the same time, helps them do their work more efficiently.

There are many outstanding professionals that work at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport. Kim Tanner, the Director of Sales, has a great team in Carolyn Hauck (who once was a Supervisor in Guest Services), Valerie Clements, a very talented Catering Sales Manager, and Rachel Mee, who I have also worked with in Guest Services, is now a Sales Manager.

Food and Beverage has always been outstanding here. Ali Awad and Jill Evans, head a group of servers (i.e. Alice, Sarah, Nicole, Mark, Diane, Sandra, Erin, Tim, etc.) that are as talented as they are personable. Some of the best dishes here are the Italian ones, like chicken ones. Breakfast here is extremely solid with servers like Alice, Laurie, and Sarah that make sure that entrees like the Godfather omelette and outstanding pancakes are served not only promptly, but with enthusiasm!

While the facilties at the hotel from the largest indoor pool in the Rochester area, to a very nice business center, to a fitness center with very new machines, to spacious guest rooms are very solid, it is truly the staff and management that make staying here such a memorable experience! One of the best Guest Experience Representatives is Shelby, who I saw in her first ever Manager On Duty shift during my stay. Shelby is always very helpful, smiling, and goes beyond her duties to not only make the stay memorable, but is truly interested in making the guests satisfied in any way possible.

Inner Circle Hotels recently took over ownership of this hotel. A new Joke Factory Comedy Club recenly opened in the ROC Bar & Grill, and Divino Restaurant will be renamed the Brooks Avenue Grill to better reflect the wide range of cuisine offered, not just italian food. More renovations and improvements will be on the way (hopefully, an elevator for handicapped patrons).

The entire staff is totally devoted to complete guest satisfaction here. Not only do they do this, but they celebrated my birthday and my volunteer work with the Wegmans' LPGA with great passion. A signed birthday card was presented to me, and the staff truly enjoys working with me!

Please see for yourself the outstanding level of personalized service that makes the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport overall the finest hotel servicewise I have ever worked with!.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 400 wing (Executive Wing) are near the lobby and many of them have refrigerators and mi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Moomus
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We very much appreciate all the feedback you have provided. We are as excited to begin the process of enhancing the hotel for future guests as well as seeing you again. Hope to see you for the upcoming PGA Championships in August, that should be a very exciting week.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Huge spider web in room with a huge spider in it. Shower curtain smelled like fungus. Bed had tons of hair between the sheets and a small stain. Not a friendly service desk. No smiles what so ever. Only stay if you have no options. Below Holiday Inn's regular standards. Yuck.

• Stayed June 2013
So very sorry to hear your stay was not up to our normal service levels. I will certainly do my best to find out what room you are mentioning to address this with my team. Appreciate the feedback .

Riverview, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. The bed was very restful. The bathroom was spacious and did not hold the humidity from the shower. Thecontinental breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs, pastrys, and fruit. No cold cereal, which would have been nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments. Sorry that you missed the cold cereal, it was on the table to the right side of the buffet. Glad you had a restful night and hope you'll be able to visit with us again, and soon.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed here due to a graduation in town (May 11-13). It is a perfectly nice, reasonable and comfortable Holiday Inn. No complaints as far as the cleanliness and comfort. We did not interact much with the front desk staff so I cannot review the service, but the hotel was very clean and no nonsense.

Some helpful hints:

1.) We did not think to ask for a microwave and fridge in our room, which we did need. Luckily, we got both. My in-laws one room down did not have either. So make sure that if you are going to need a microwave and/or fridge you ask your reservationist that your room has these available.
2.) Make sure you ask the hotel cleaning person (or call the front desk and ask them) to please leave you more coffee and clean coffee cups and plastic drinking cups. We came back to our room after general cleaning and all she had replaced were towels and soaps.
3.) Do not order food from room service. Or at least, not the food I ordered :) We had a cranky toddler with us so I had to eat in dinner two nights in row. First night, ordered a cheeseburger with tater tots and got the driest burger I've ever had, and soggy fried taters. Next night we thought we'd get something easy they could not mess up and we ordered the chicken wings, mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders. The wings = OK. My husband asked for spicy and they were not. My mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers were so over fried, dry and awful I did not eat beyond two bites of each. Dry and fried and all for a total of $33.52, with the hotel gratuity they add to the check. I was too exhausted after our 8 hour drive to Rochester to return food either night. If you want to spend money on food, do not get it from room service (Divino Restaurant is their hotel restaurant.) Or at least, do not get a burger, chicken wings, mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers...
4.) Breakfast was a real tossup. They had one person serving a continental assortment, so a long line awaited you. You could sit and order food but then they want $13.95 for eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast.
The morning of Mothers Day, they had an excellent all you can eat brunch and that I heartily recommend. That food was excellent. All in all our stay was pleasant and our beds were extremely comfortable. But I would not eat from Divino ever if I had to stay here again. Spending $50 over two nights on food I could not eat cut into my budget and left me hungry.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GeorginaGeorgina
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I thank you for your recent review. Glad to hear how receptive my team was to accommodate your request for the fridge. I must admit I was surprised to hear about your room service experience. Our food quality has always been highly regarded, so I do apologize that we failed to meet those standards. I have shared your comments with my food and beverage team so they are aware of any oversights they may have made to prevent this from happening to another valued guest. Glad you enjoyed the Mother's Day brunch to end your stay.
Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This has been, and still is, a great place to stay in Rochester. Excellent service, clean accommodations, and quick positive responses to guest needs. The Front Desk staff is the one of the best I have dealt with at various hotels. I understand it is now under new management. I hope they keep up the same positive atmosphere.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in main building are closer to bar/restaurant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and with the new ownership comes new excitement that will enhance the property for your future stay. Thanks for the kind note, look forward to your next visit.

syracuse, ny USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

even though i've stayed here several times and will again (my husband has national guard duty nearby), there is nothing especially fantastic about it. "average" is not meant to be an insult, but this is not a place i would seek out if it wasn't for work.

the pool opens at 8 and there is a lifeguard. the breakfast buffet is not great. the pancakes were overcooked, the coffee is only passable, and there wasn't a bread selection (or toaster).

there is another restaurant (the roc, maybe?) that has pub fare and a bar, which i didn't use during this stay. i remember it being nice enough, with friendly staff.

the rooms are kept pretty clean and the beds are comfortable. there is a hair dryer and i love the soap, shampoo, and lotion. i believe it's bath and body works...

i called asking how to get another coffee bag (the kind you make in the room), and was told that someone would bring one to my room. they never came. otherwise, service is very good. the staff at the front desk is especially nice. thank you.

this hotel is a short drive to the city center and rochester is a fun city to explore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am happy to hear of your review. The feedback is used as a training tool with my associates that I intend to utilize. Please thank your husband for his service to our country, we greatly appreciate it. Hope you'll be able to stay with us again.