“Great customer service!”

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Lancaster, New York
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a lot of out of town guests (including ourselves) Staying at the hotel for my son's wedding on 10/12 & 10/13/12. The staff, especially Eugene, went out of their way to make things run as smoothly as possible, From the shuttle bus that took guests to the reception hall, to letting us use a hospitality room for our out of town guests to gather between the ceremony and the reception...to stripping a bed to look for a lost cell phone! I can not thank you all enough! Again, Eugene we really appreciate all you did for us!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time here and at the wedding. I'll be sure to share this with the entire team, but especially Eugene. He truly is dynamite !!

Best Regards

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The shuttle Picked me up at the airport. I had booked through hotwire and he had me scheduled for second-floor room. Because I was working a trade show I had a lot of equipment with me. I quickly found out they had no Elevators. Hey quickly send me a ground-floor room. Even though it is very close to the airport I did not hear jet engines. Like a lot of hotels, it had poor lighting in the room, but the room was decent and clean, and the bed was comfortable.

I don't plan to ever eat in the attached restaurant again. $11 for a breakfast buffet is a bit steep So I ordered an omelette. The hashbrowns were not fully cooked, and the toast was not warm enough to melt the butter.

Other than that I had no problems.

Stayed October 2012
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and review. I was glad to hear that your stay went well and my team noticed your needs with your room location. As to the breakfast, this information will be shared with my Food & Beverage team to fine tune our service delivery. I am sorry you experienced any food issues as we do take a great deal of pride in our quality.
Thanks again,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The rooms here are still in reasonable shape for an older large motel/hotel. Front desk staff was pleasant. Nice size pool for a motel. The rooms are good size. Plenty of parking.

WiFi - I could not get on the internet using their WiFi. Front desk was not able to help. It seems there internet connection was not working for some reason.

The room: double queen with sleeper sofa.
Pros: Clean room, no odors, nice flat screen TV, shower clean
Cons: Room not made up when we were out of the room between 10:30am and 5:00pm, I don't know if they could only make up the room first thing in the morning.

Restaurant:
Pros: Friendly wait staff. Breakfast buffet: pretty good for $10.99 with eggs, breakfast meats, hash browns. The waiter tried to steer me toward the buffet but unfortunately I decided to order off the menu:
Cons: Otherwise, food off the menu not very good. I ordered Egg Beaters scrambled eggs and they were prepared with the same amount of grease as other items - slippery scrambled eggs and with little bits of what I think must have been bacon crumbs that were on the same griddle at the time. Someone else ordered blue berry pancakes that were not very good.

I would stay again but I would know not to order off the menu, or I would eat someplace else for breakfast.

Room Tip: Room was quiet even nearby the Rochester airport. Right off of Route 390. Keep expectations low for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Certainly appreciate your thorough review. Positive and negative comments get shared with my team members as we use this to better our services to all our guests. I consider feedback as a gift, so thank you for taking the time to advise me of your stay.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is located very close to the airport, which is convenient. But some neighborhoods are not as safe. Most of the staffs are very friendly. The room is OK, but the facilities seem a bit dated. The towels are clean, but not as white or as soft as other hotels. TV doesn't have HD channels, alarm clock is very old, and my biggest complaint is the wireless Internet, which disconnects every couple of hours, my work is interrupted frequently, and I have to log in again every time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll certainly have the Internet concerns taken a look at as I do understand it's value. I haven't heard of this issue before, so I hope this is an isolated incident, but will check it out now. Thank you again,

Delmar, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is easy to get to. It's also very clean. The room was spacious, tastefully decorated and the desk area comfortable for working with outlets on the desk for charging my phone and plugging in my laptop. The free wifi was easy to use and they give you the password when you check in. The staff at this Holiday is exceptional which is why I highly recommend this hotel. Each staff member was pleasant and helpful. When I checked in they brought out a wheel of fortune thing for me to spin and I won a free breakfast. The dinner at the restaurant was really good as was the service. I got chicken parm which is usuallly mediocre in a hotel restaurant but here is was fresh, crispy and the sauce was flavorful with chuncks of tomatoes. Later I tried to get a Coke from the machine on my floor. The machine was out of coke but I couldn't get my $2 back. I went to the desk and the nice lady gave me a Coke and also $2! She was sooo nice! In addition to a full service restaurant there is free coffee outside the dining room with either cookies or pastries for guests to have at no charge. This was a business trip for me but the hotel seemed family friendly. I would happily stay there again and would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am happy to hear you enjoyed many of the features of the hotel and our best feature, the staff ! Next time you need to bring the family so they can enjoy Rochester's largest indoor hotel pool, hope to be able to meet you on a return trip. Thanks again for the nice feedback.

Best Regards
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

A few times a year brings me on business to Rochester NY and if I need to stay near the airport I stay here. I have been doing this for a few years now.
This hotel is a simple hotel, generally clean, small bar, and a restaurant that is good for breakfast. Good value on a business trip for a quick one night stay. Staff is pretty helpful. My only negative that the interiors (carpets, room furniture, beds) are starting to get a little worn and an interior renovation program should be considered.

• Stayed September 2012
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I thank you for your loyalty year after year. Your comments are appreciated and valued. We are always working on ways for improvement and will continue looking for ways to improve. I'll be sure to share this with my team.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located near downtown, the Children's Museume, a McDonalds, a Walmart, and many other great places. Also, being near the highway, it was an easy drive to the Waterloo Premium outlet mall. The pool was fantastic, and after an hr of swimming, our daughter didn't want to leave. They had a lifeguard on duty, and a security guard walking the premise at night (which made us feel secure).

We can't complain about anything with regards to this hotel. It is close to the airport, and you can hear the planes occasionally, but it wasn't loud enough to wake our daughter or myself, and they didn't seem to fly very frequently.

The restaurant/bar in the hotel is also fairly priced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing with us the wonderful features you experienced while staying here. You also were able to enjoy the many features very close to the hotels location. When you come back, be sure to take advantage of the historic Erie Canal directly behind the hotel, it's quite a nice stroll and it's history too. Hope for the opportunity to say hello upon your next visit to Rochester. Thanks again,

Best Regards,