“Impressed!”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first time during one of our Rochester visits and we will be returning customers no doubt! From the smiling faces at the time of our check in until the pleasant staff in the bar before bedtime. We specifically chose this location because it has a restaurant with bar and I suggest if you're staying to stop in and see if Ashley and Kristina are there! Wonderful girls! I had specific requests and being I am a picky person I am used to people in customer service sadly making me feel like I am a burden for my specific requests, Ashley was great.. in fact she even gave me a few chuckles out of my experiences I shared with her and accommodated me any way she could. Very pleasant stay and will be bringing other returning guests to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

The entire Staff were thrilled with your comments, it certainly is appreciated and we Thank You!I'll be more than happy to share your comments directly with Ashley and Kristina. So glad you enjoyed all the services we offer and hope to say "Thanks" in person on your return visit. Hurry back soon,

Best Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Negatives: My friends and myself checked in rather late (around 1230 am). We were met at the desk by the Night Auditor. He was very nice, but seemed a little unfamiliar with some standard front desk practices (I work hotel front desk). I asked to pay cash; but was told that I would have to check in on a credit card and could pay cash at check out. That was not a problem (maybe it was hotel policy), but since I had two rooms, I asked him to route everything to one bill (to avoid a double authorization on my card). He said no problem, and the next morning, I had two bills, and a double authorization on my debit card. That was a tad annoying, but not a huge issue. However, what really irked me was the fact that he told me "when you check out, if your paying cash, the authorization on your debit card will be released."

Attention to all guests of any hotel: THIS IS NOT TRUE! It IS released from the hotel's end, but it is generally 3-5 days before your bank releases it. If any hotel employee tries to tell you that it is released immediatley, make sure you fill them in on that "gray" area.

Positives: The hotel was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Flo, at the front desk, who assisted us with checking out was very genuine and kind. Overall, def an above average Holiday Inn. I would def consider staying there again if I was in the area

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Certainly appreciate your feedback. Sorry there was confusion on my Team associates end with getting the instructions clear on your bill. Will use the feedback as an on-going training opportunity. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Rochester and your stay here at this hotel.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed overnight at this location next to the airport. Hotel provided a free dinner free cocktails and a free breakfast Great value!

• Stayed: May 2012
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Really appreciate your kind words regarding our services.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Really enjoyed out stay here. The buildings and rooms were pretty good (for what seems like an older property), furnishings seemed to have been recently updated. The friendliest hotel I have stayed at in a long time. Front desk was genuinely kind and helpful. Every single staff member (housekeeping) that we came across greeted us with a smile and hello. Would come back for the service.

• Stayed: April 2012
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

We appreciate your feedback, glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again,

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel is conveniently clotted adjacent to ROC. Easy to find. Room was clean and comfortable, complimentary internet work3d well and the service was good - despite a minor miscue at the front desk vis-a-vis location of the room on the room map. Very good value for the money - booked via Hotwire.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your nice comments we us. Glad to hear the miscue at the desk was quickly resolved. Hope you'll visit with us again,

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Due to a medical procedure at Strong Memorial Hospital I have stayed 3 times at this hotel in the last 2 months. The hotel is a bit dated, but the clean room and extremely accomadating staff helped to make a difficult trip pleasurable. I was allowed to check in early (before my hospital procedure), shuttled to and from the hospital, and given the room I requested each time. The front desk staff I encountered - Alice, Chuck, Eugene, and Flo could not have been more helpful. The shuttle drivers Por and Kevin were very pleasant, helpful, and quick. I never waited more than 10 minutes at the hospital after I called for a shuttle back to the hotel. Also, served an excellent dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to mention the wonderful services we offer, and some very special employees who take much pride in their jobs. Hope for a speedy recovery and the chance to Thank you in person if your travels bring you back to Rochester.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were there for only one night but the hotel was great. The rooms were clean and the pool was awesome. The folks at the front desk were friendly too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for sharing, we appreciate your comments. We take a lot of pride in our services, glad you enjoyed.