“Really Surprised Me”

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
New York City, New York
“Really Surprised Me”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel is a 2 star (their on rating) on a 1-4 scale. Some sites have it as a 3 star (on the 1-5 scale) All I know is that it was a nice, clean and an updated property. Well maintained, friendly, clean, nice staff. Nice pool and decent sized exercise room with NEW treadmills and equipment. Stayed with my 17 year old daughter to visit University of Rochester. No complaints here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the first floor. The first floor (like with most hotels) you can hear people g...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve B
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Glad to hear you chose our hotel being less than 2 miles away from the University of Rochester for your stay. We certainly are conveinent to the University. Sounds like you may be a regular visitor with the College and do hope with your wonderful experience, we continue to be your choice hotel for the next 4 years.

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed here for a hockey tournament in January. Rooms & baths were clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Pool looked nice but didn't use it. Food in restaurant/bar was fine. Buffet breakfast disappointing. While there were hot offerings, they left a lot to be desired. Eggs were not edible. Overall a good place for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
We appreciate having you and your team stay with us. We hope your team did well in the Hockey Tournament and found time in between games to use our Pool, Arcade and the Hospitality room. I hope you'll come back next year and we can be your hotel choice again.

Montvale, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Good room, good service, polite staff, clean room, decent value. We did not use the pool, but it looked very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jdegraph
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thanks for the nice review, try to find some time to use that huge pool next visit. Hope you can!

Auburn, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Do not stay at this Hotel. I recently stayed here the night before leaving for an 8 day trip out of the country. I paid to leave my car there and that night my car got broken into, windows smashed, and luggage stolen. I had NOTHING to bring with me on my trip which i was almost about to cancel that morning. I was terribly upset and still am. I live about an hour and a half away from the airport so its not like i could run home and repack as my flight was leaving in 2 hours. The police came and the night clerk called both the manager and general manager. It was not only my car that was broken into but two others also. Neither one had called back by the time i left for the airport and have not reached out to me at all since. Great customer service! I lost over $500 in shoes and clothes, plus all the items i had to buy when i got to my destination. Needless to say I am quite upset. I am talking with my lawyer now as obviously they are not taking any initiative to contact me on my losses. Please do not stay here, especially when leaving your car!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The pool is oustanding for all ages. We came in town for the museum of play,but the hotel has been. Highlight as well.

It's no five star, but it delivers high value for the rate

We will be back

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank schaub74
Glad you shared the Holidays with us and took advantage of our pool and facilities. Look forward to your visit next year !

Lewiston, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I wanted to expand further on the excellence of the Hotel services and the Food and Beverage Operations at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport during my June 2011 stay for
the Wegmans' LPGA Championship. It was the finest hotel stay that I have ever had and
wanted to thank some of the staff members for their excellent performances.

A. Tim Elie, CHA (General Manager): Thank you so much, along with your Management
Team for taking the time to meet with me at lunch during my stay. It was great to meet
all of the key staff members and look forward to June, 2012!

B. John LaRocca: (Executive Chef): The best Hotel Executive Chef that I have ever worked
with, John always takes the time to meet with me to discuss the entrees that I have sampled
(especially wonderful chicken dishes with pastas). He is a great asset to your team.

C. Kim Tanner (Director Of Sales): A most gracious, experienced, and very kind Director
Of Sales that made sure that I was satisfied with all aspects of my stay. She took the time
to meet with me to discuss my stay and her sales team (i.e. Kim Wozniak, Group Sales Mgr.)
were exceptional in showing me the Hotel and its great services.

D. Carolyn Hauck (Front Office Supervisor/Manager On Duty): One of the most outstanding Guest Services Professionals one will ever encounter; Carolyn was never too busy to provide
me outstanding and personalized service whether it was towards a current stay need, or towards next year's stay. Simply put, a tremendous asset to the Hotel!

E. Fernando Nemer (Guest Services Manager): Fernando was very skilled and proficient
in solving or helping to solve any need that I had during my stay. Fernando is an excellent
listener who showed a sincere and genuine interest in the guests. A job very well-done!

F. Vilma Trescott (Executive Housekeeper): Vilma is a very detailed-oriented Executive
Housekeeper that remembers my needs and preferences from prior stays (i.e. early check-in)
,along with extra pillows. Her staff of Housekeepers are very responsive to my needs.

G. Sue Trubia (Human Resources Mgr.): In my opinion, the most valuable Manager in the
Hotel! Sue always comes up with innovative ideas for the staff (i.e. Housekeeping Olympics,
Employee Appreciation Week-the week of my stay). Is always responsive to any suggestions
that a guest may have. It is a great pleasure to work with Sue.

These are just some of the reasons for choosing the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport-its wonderful staff, cuisine, housekeeping, and service.

Come discover its excellence as I will next June, 2012!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 400 Executive Wing (some of them like 413 have refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
We truly appreciate the kind words of praise. Just so glad you felt the Hospitality and warmth of all the team members who strive to make all our guests feel like your experience. We too can't wait for your visit in June for the return of the Wegmans LPGA Championship .

Best regards,

NY
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I base all of my reviews on what I expect from that chain. I will not review a Motel 6 and base my expectations on a four-star hotel.

This was my first stay at this property. I don’t understand any of the complaints in previous reviews.

Parking: Free parking. Plenty of spots.

Check-in: Fast, friendly and easy!

Getting the type of room I request: No problem.

The Room: The main portion of the room was fine. This is an old hotel. The bathroom showed signs of age, the rest of the hotel room did not. Not something that would stop me from staying here, just a reminder that this is a Holiday Inn and not a Hilton or Marriott.

Bed: Very comfortable (to me) Five pillows on the bed.

TV: Nice! Not a new flat screen, it was an old 25” tube TV, but the picture was good and they offered a lot of stations.

Bathroom: Small & old! Shower/tub combo. Adjustable shower head (plenty of hot water) and a curved shower curtain

Room Cleanliness: Clean

Temperature control: I did not use it.

Outside sound: considering my room was facing the highway and the airport was the other side of the road, very little outside sound.
As usual, the occasional door closing out in the hallway. (If you are reading this review you have stayed in a hotel before. Help cut down on slamming doors by slowly closing your door and not letting it slam shut)

Lighting: My pet peeve in hotels is lack of lighting. The light in the room was more than adequate.

Work Space: None. There was a round table in the room and two upholstered chairs but no formal desk and office chair.

Internet: FREE - High Speed wireless. Very easy to access and excellent speed.

Restaurants: Yes, two.

Gym:

Pool: Yes, Indoor and Large!

Elevators: None. Only two floors in the hotel.

Very convenient location literally just off the highway. Easy to get too.

Would I stay here again? YES!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelGuyNY64
Thanks for outlining all the features we offer. Just an update, we have installed new 32" flat screen TV's in all our rooms now, so you'll enjoy that feature on your next stay too. Look forward to saying hello.

Best regards,