“Good experience”

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Decatur
“Good experience”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very convenient to airport and the Erie Canal runs right beside it. Freeway is close by. Pool is large, heated, but at the far end of this very large hotel. Motel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Restaurant was okay, but had difficulty with groups of eight or more.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you have difficulty with stairs better request a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your nice review. We apreciate your feedback and so glad you were able to use all the features we offer. Hope to have you back again.

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I recenly held my Wedding Reception at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport. I had the Pleasure of working with Jeremiah Bowes the Director of Catering!! And wow he is outstanding at what he does!! Details were thought of and implimented that I as the Bride would have never thought of!! All I can Say is outstanding!! The food was incredable all my guest were beyond pleased and are still talking about Jeremiah and the service all the staff provided!! !! When I originally booked my reception at the hotel The overnight rooms were clean and very nice!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share with us such positive comments from your big day! We love to host Weddings receptions here and your reception was a truly wonderful group for us to work with. Many hours are set to plan and execute a great reception, and we're so happy to have been the host hotel for your's.

Kemble
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Got this booking on Hotel,com at fantastic rate , 10 minutes from downtown . Has a nice large indoor pool , Rooms are fine , Girls at front desk very helpful on the Rochester scene .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Happy to hear we were able to accomodate your last minute hotel need. We have such wonderful facilities that truly make us a great value. Glad you were able to utilize our features. Come back for another visit soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2011

One of the best holiday inns I have stayed at. Will be back again. Frequent business traveler and due to my recent stays @ holiday inn /holiday inn express and using this chain more and more. Food was very good. Erie Canal Walking trail nearby and easy access into city of Rochester.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay. Yes, the location of the hotel is very conveinent to any location in Rochester. The extra bonus is the historic Erie Canal path directly behind the hotel, glad you were able to use this as well. Come back and see us soon.

Best Regards,

Chennai
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I found a huge spider in the room as I stepped in, could not locate it for rest of the night , hence had a bad sleep. The coffee machine was not kept clean prior to my check-in, the used coffee bag was still on the machine. May be I was unlucky to get a bad room like this. Sure, the hotel's proximity to the airport is a huge plus, the food in the restaurant was decent and the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Moving the bags up through stairs may be a challenge, you may not want to choose the room on the lev...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for advising me of the Spider and the coffee machine oversite. I have brought both of these to the attention of my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to look into and address with their team. We certainly strive to insure a quality room to every guest and apologize that you encountered this situation.

san antonio, tx
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I went to Rochester to get my freshman son settled in the university and to attend the parent orientation. My hotel needs were very specific. I needed a hotel I could feel comfortable staying in that was close to the school with an airport shuttle. My needs were met and the staff were very accommodating when the airline misplaced my luggage. You can imagine the anxiety of this situation when all I had access to was what I was wearing. The staff enthusiastically provided toiletries without me even asking and reassured me they would do anything they could to make my stay enjoyable in light of the circumstances. Although the shuttle is designated for airport runs, the drivers were very accommodating in taking us (there were 3 or 4 other parents also) to the university for various functions day and night. Although the airport is a matter of blocks from the hotel, it is not accessible by foot because of the highway and no sidewalks. There is a Walmart, Panera's, and Applebee's less than 1 mile away and the shuttle will also take guests to that area. Two words of caution, the food at the Applebee's was certainly not up to par to other Applebee's I've eaten at, although our server was very attentive and nice even when I had to send food back. I wouldn't advise any late night runs to Walmart either as the lines tend to be very long because of insufficient available cashiers. I did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't speak about the food. There is an indoor pool that got a good bit of use, but I did not have time to enjoy it as my schedule was pretty tight. There is a business center (complimentary) with 3 available desktops and a printer. It is adequately stocked with pens and notepads. My stay was comfortable, quiet, quick check in/out, and friendly staff. I had no problems.
When needing to visit my son at U or R, I will not hesitate to stay at the Airport Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
The hotels central location in Rochester does make it very easy to get around when visiting, especially being across the street from the airport or within a few blocks from the University of Rochester. Sorry to hear about your luggage and the local restaurant experiences, just glad my team was able to assist you throughout your visit.
Next time, give the Restaurant an opportunity, you'll be VERY surprised as we have great food choices and wonderful portions. Hope to see you for future Univ. of Rochester visits.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I selected this hotel because of its close proximity to the University of Rochester. It is about 3 miles away from the U of R campus and takes about 5 minutes to get there. RIT is also very close. Overall, I found this hotel to be quite good. The rooms were a bit dated but comfortable. The cleaning was excellent 2 of the 3 days but somehow one day it seemed that the cleaning was halted about midway. The hotel restaurant for breakfast was excellent – very prompt and professional service, reasonable prices, and both the continental buffet and cooked to order meals were very good. A big plus for walkers or runners is the Canal Trail which is adjacent to the hotel. The Canal Trail is very pleasant for walking, biking or running and stretches on for miles. I always took a right turn onto the path and found that direction to be a very pleasant run. Business center has several computers with internet access. I do recommend trying” Dinosaur BBQ” in the downtown area. And for those not familiar with the area try Wegmans supermarket for a prepared meal when you don’t feel like going out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back to avoid hearing the I390 traffic.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing all the wonderful services we offer throughout the hotel and mentioning all the great features in the area that we enjoy here every day. Please come and visit again,