“Will Never return: bad service, poor food”
Review of Gusto - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gusto
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We really wanted this to be a great night out with family, but we had the worst service I've seen in Rochester. They did not seem to care that we were there, even though the place was nearly empty. My brother became sick for days after eating the pizza here. While my Ravioli was OK, it was nothing special. I know there are so many great Italian restaurants in town, I will never need to give this place another chance.

There are newer reviews for Gusto

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Went here with a party of six. It was not very busy, and we were seated right away, and it seemed like a nice place. From then on the service was very slow and indifferent- waited too long for drinks, bread, appetizers and main courses. They didn't bring plates for the bread (to pour oil). They took a long time to take our order, and didn't even mention the specials. Had to keep asking (and waiting) for water for the table. The food was not good. I had the "home-made" gnocchi-- I would describe it as a "gnocchi nightmare". Tasteless, gluey texture flavorless marinara. I ate a third of it, and the server didn't bother asking if there was an issue. We also had a variety of pizzas, no one was impressed-- dry, small and flavorless. Tbe ravioli was better, but nothing you can't get a a dozen other places just as good, if not better. They didn't seem to care if they had our business- so they will not get ours again. Think twice before giving yours!

2  Thank JrMushroom
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Everyhing was great. Cute place, yummy food& friendly service. The only thing I can complain about is that the heat wasn't on enough. But everything else was awesome.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Was visiting Rochester to scope out Nazareth College Grad program and had three picky eaters to satisfy. After an hour online reading reviews and menu's I picked Gusto's. It was perfect! The food was great (they have a rather large selection which you wouldn't expect from the size of the place!) The atmosphere was so cozy and warm, we watched the city go by outside the window! You HAVE to have desert! The wait staff was very friendly and personable. The owner (or manager?) was talking to everyone and was also so friendly and personable. I would make it a point to go back when I'm in town again!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Fine dining in the heart of Rochester. Gourmet Italian meals and desserts, freshly made by a chef in the open kitchen. Great atmosphere for small groups.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook