“Fantastic!”

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is one of my favorite places in Rochester. They have unique menu choices and offer something for everyone. I especially like that they have vegetarian and gluten free options. Their menu changes frequently so I am always going back for more.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Pat P

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A tad overrated”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I went there for lunch on a Saturday (his first visit, my second). While the menu itself sounds really inventive and delicious, the food loses something in the execution. He ordered the special (roast beef with au jus and baguette chips) and I ordered a tasting of 2 half sandwiches: mashed pea with bacon, havarti, and balsamic glaze on sourdough and the other was brie with pear and apricot preserves on a baguette. I'd had it previously, so I knew to ask that it be toasted (it isn't normally, so the brie isn't gooey). The flavors were either too sweet or too salty - really nothing to write home about. I also ordered the pickled beets, which I thought might be a tad sour and salty (in a good way), but were overpoweringly sweet. Overall it was "meh."

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Open face, in my face, please.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Creative, regularly changing special options. Highly recommend the Open Face - a sandwich of your choosing with the soup of the day poured over the top, mmm. My only wish is for dinner service!

Visited August 2011
Webster, New York
“Unique”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you want a different sandwich this is the place. I love the open faced sandwiches. They make this great sandwich and then put a cup of soup on top of it. I know it sounds odd but it is great. The chicken tortilla soup is excellent. I have been there 6 times now and have been happy every time. My sister likes the corn mush sandwich, again odd combinations but very tasty!

Rochester, New York
“Going back again- soon!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Small and quaint and really friendly staff. The menu is healthy and unique. My friend and I had soup and shared a sandwich and we both were full. Oh- we shared a delicious cookie too:) Don't miss the baked goods.

• Visited December 2011