“Old Fashioned pastry”

Savoia Pastry Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 38 Dessert in Rochester
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My son took me to Savoia for the first time but it certainly won't be my last. Their window displays of wedding cakes and other special pastries shows what a professional pastry chef is capable of.
We bought raisin bread, blueberry strudel and of course some donuts. So many goodies, so little time!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Walk In and smell that fresh bread.mummmm. Love the cookies and just about everything In the place. Like that they give a free cookie to the kids. Love the sausage loaf bead, my favorite.. Only wish that they would make more because they run out of it by sunday.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have a serious sweet tooth. I have a problem with going to bakeries when I am hungry. We walked in and I was immediately overwhelmed with choices. Not everything in the display case is labeled so be prepared to feel annoying and ask about everything that looks good to you. There were quite a few other customers so I felt rushed into picking something because I didn't want to be that annoying person who doesn't know what they want but you have to wait behind in line. Also- I didn't even realize it at first- they have a take-a-number stand right when you walk in, so grab one if its busy.

Again, I was hungry at the time (bad idea) so I picked a bunch of things: cake pop, whipped cream horns, cookies with frosting. I devoured the cake pop before even getting back into the car. It was super chocolatey, but it was so big that it started to fall apart.

The cookies were to die for! I'm not even sure what kind these were (no label on these either). They have frosting in several flavors: lemon, strawberry, chocolate, pistachio, and more. The lemon and strawberry are so mild in flavor that you really wouldn't know their flavors for much other than the bright colors of the frosting, but they are still delicious. The chocolate frosted ones definitely had the chocolate flavor. The cookie itself melts in your mouth. They are almost $10 a pound, so its pretty steep for me in the way of cookies, but since its a local business I don't mind spending it here. Today I went back and got more cookies and a loaf of italian bread. The bread didn't impress me as much as the cookies. But the bread was $1.50 which is comparable to what I pay in the markets.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Its been here for, what, 70 years or so? If the test of time means anything, it does here. They did our wedding cake, 45 years ago and has just gotten better over the years. Wonderful cakes, great cookies, perfect breads. It's the best!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The tea cookies are great, I've never heard a complaint about their wedding cakes and the bread-fresh and hot, is to die for. I lived across the street and was tortured for years with the smells that would haunt me daily--now I go back for the pizzas, fresh bread and pizza dough. Makes me think of my grandparents every time I step through the doors. The new management has increased the size of the building, the value to customers and the quality of the product that has been a Rochester tradition for over 80 years.