“NO Way!”

Parkside Diner
Ranked #306 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The owners of this establishment refused to give time off to an employee when a family member died and the family was at the hospital. Subsequently he was told he would lose his job for taking days off to be with his grieving family. This lack of compassion by owners Jim and Greg is totally insensitive and lacking in ethical practice for employers and shows a total lack of care for humanity and we wonder why our society is the way it is with people like this?
I will not again darken the doors of the Parkside Diner and will encourage all others to do the same. Good food and great atmosphere can be found elsewhere with employers of integrity and compassion.

3  Thank Sheila S

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I will never eat here again! Considering how they treated an employee who's brother in law passed by firing him for taking time off to be with his family. Totally uncompassionate owners and does not deserve anyone's business!

2  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The owners of this diner refused to let an employee go to the hospital to be with his family as his brother-in-law had just passed away. When he asked for time to be with his family in the days following, he was told to show up for work or be fired. He stayed with his family and was fired. So you really want to support a business with such horrible ethics?? I hope not!

3  Thank twosleepy
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My Wife and I try a lot of local places for fish fry we stopped in to Parkside on a recommendation from a friend and it was great, I had the Beer Batter and My wife got the broiled, people were great very nice price also what"s why we will be back and I can not wait till next week ., we found a keeper THANKS

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A friend chose this destination for an early dinner Friday, October 11, 2013. Our waitress had the most disgusting nails, super long with dirt underneath, and filthy band aids on her hands. She poured coffee into a dirty mug which my friend sent back. I ordered broiled Haddock...I could vomit right now remembering the fowl smell and discolored fish. The fish felt like rubber, was yellow and GRAY, and did not flake with soggy skin. To say the least, I was totally grossed out. I cut into the fish to try to take a bite to be polite to my friend who chose the restaurant, but the odor of the fish was so fowl, I could not follow through. When I called the server over to return my meal, she insisted the fish was fine, and she just ate it for lunch. GROSS or she was lying which I think is more likely. The manager/owner never came over to check on me. The server did offer to get something else for me, but I could not eat a thing at that point. The server charged me for my tea and soup, the latter came with the meal - a very poor quality homemade New England clam chowder. I told the cashier I was extremely disappointed, especially with the management. She asked what I had ordered and she began to defend that BROILED haddock is different than fried haddock (yeah, no fooling, I have had both and have cooked both myself), and I might not know what to expect. I respectfully, shut her down by mentioning I have worked in food service and my husband is a manager for one of the most popular national casual dining chains. I know food. I told her I should not need to pay a dime for this horrible dining experience. She still did not get a manager, but quietly agreed I did not need to pay the bill. Prior to this, I read excellent reviews for this restaurant. My husband warned me he had heard terrible things about it. Don't go there. You would get better food in an elementary school cafeteria...that is how lousy it was!!!!!

3  Thank kvanden1