“Ashley will keep us coming back!”

Tournedos Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tournedos Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have been here multiple times and have had a different server every time...don't get me wrong - it's good service all around, but Ashley is GREAT. She is friendly, her smile lights up the room, and she puts her guests above all else. She is knowledgeable in the food that she is bringing for us and knows what she is talking about with her wines. Every recommendation that she has given us as to what wine to try or what food to eat has been SPOT ON. If she isn't making more money than the other servers - then there is something wrong!!! She is (hands down) an asset to Tournedo's! I will be requesting to eat at her tables for as long as I am coming to dine here.

1  Thank italianguy393

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

we went here for an anniversary dinner. the prices were very high and the food did not match the price. we were highly let down.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a great experience!
We arrived there with no reservation ( they are not in open table) and they only had space by the bar.
To our surprise, they have a " private section" by the bar that sat 8 people very comfortable!
The service and hospitality was amazing from the first moment that we arrived.
Fabulous wine selection with great mixed drinks.
We started with a a great selection of appetizers; oysters, clams casino, osso ravioli , beet salad and spinach salad. The presentation was just gorgeous! The flavor was perfect.
We were very impressed with them.
The steaks were cooked to perfection, perfect flavor.
You will need to order the full Lamb rack, it was impressive and fabulous!
The side were also perfect for the group. Great complements for the tuna! steaks and the lamb.
This is truly a fabulous place!

1  Thank joselito1959
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Rochester. Other than incredibly outstanding food and wine, plate presentation, attentive service, a feature we love the most is the peaceful surroundings and quiet atmosphere. You can dine deliciously and elegantly and still hear the conversation! So many restaurants seem overly noisy today and it's a pleasure to dine in one where you can actually hear the people with whom you are dining. This is a Rochester gem!

1  Thank softautumn
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came from out of town to take my boyfriend to the "best steakhouse" in Rochester for his birthday. We were seated in the corner next to the door, which I thought was odd, but didn't want to question since we were celebrating. The service and drinks were good but the food was disappointing.

I ordered oysters as an appetizer and they were the smallest I've every seen. My boyfriend ordered the porterhouse steak and liked it. We ordered a caesar salad and beet salad. For the price and reputation, I expected a real caesar salad not lettuce topped with caesar dressing. The beet salad was terrible and I do not recommend. I ordered the salmon and it was topped with artichokes that were laced with butter and ruined the flavor of the very thin slice of salmon. The potatoes and creamed spinach were good.

Tournedos' food was disappointing and the service was ok. Definitely not the greatest value for the price. I would not go again.

1  Thank Travelscout09