“Good Experience”

Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

One thing I love more than anything about the restaurant is the atmosphere. I felt very comfortable and cozy in the restaurant and the lighting, decoration, seating were perfect.
Entering the restaurant we bumped into a nice gentleman named Wade who showed us to our seats. Once sat, we met our waitress named Shannon. She kept a bright smile, checked on us a couple times, and was pleasant.
Now onto the food. Everything is very reasonably priced. I got the salmon which was decent. When Shannon brought it from the kitchen and close to our table, I will admit it had a very strong odor. Once I actually tasted the dish, it wasn't half bad. The salmon was cooked nicely but didn't need any of the tomato sauce and peppers on top. It would have tasted just as fine or better without the extra stuff on top.
As for the lady, she got the shrimp scampi which looked lovely. Jumbo de-veined shrimp and pasta that was cooked perfectly with a tasty butter sauce.
From all the desserts we decided to go with the cheesecake with raspberry sauce. It was delicious but very strange how it was presented/put together. The sauce was put on the crust and flowed onto the plate. I would have rather have the sauce drizzled on top of the entire cheesecake, then the whipped cream on top. It was just strange how the sauce was hanging off the edge of the crust.
Nevertheless, we will return and try other menu items. Very good experience.
Cheers!

1  Thank Vincent C

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were staying at the Country Inn and Suites, and they recommended this place. I think the best thing to say was that we could walk there.

I will start off by saying that we frequent steak restaurants a lot, so we are not easily impressed. Our expectations are high, and this place was fine. Not that expensive, so I wouldn't hesitate to go here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

We were served bread before our meal. It was good, but would have been better warm. The butter was too salty. An odd thing to notice, but it was noticeable.

We ordered the special bone-in filet mignon medium rare. It arrived medium-medium well. Overcooked, but still juicy at least.

We also had the shrimp cocktail (4 to an order), which was what you would expect. The Gorgonzola wedge had no bacon, although the menu said it did.

For dessert, we had the tartufo. It was okay as well.

Our waitress was standoffish and service was slow.

Again, it was an okay meal.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had the NY strip. $24 for the steak and a small bowl of penne with marinara. Everything else is a-la-carte. To add a salad or broccoli and a potato would add $8. So for anyone saying this is very inexpensive it's really not when you add on the items that other steakhouses include in a meal.
That being said, the steak itself was pretty darn good. Perfectly cooked and seasoned...I added a little salt. I ate at the bar and I saw another review before I ate there that mentioned an obnoxious Italian guy at the bar. Well I guess I got lucky because an obnoxious italian guy sat down at the bar next to me and basically annoyed me enough too get me to leave before I was really ready. Hey clown...no one wants to see the phone pictures you took of a rainbow.....and the women that work there are there to serve you, not for you to take pictures of or to endure repeated comments on how beautiful they are.
Bottom line... I would recommend this place because of the steak quality alone. Worth every penny. And the service was pretty good too.

1  Thank Wearytraveleratlanta
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Steak and atmosphere are great for Baby Boomers. Rooms are separated according to a variety of needs and the service is a bit slow but worth the weight.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

If your want a great prime cut rib eye steak, this is your place. I ordered the salmon. It was decent but over cooked. The Delmonico steaks the rest of my party of eight received where slightly under cooked but the cut was beautiful and delicious. Be prepared to pay extra for salad and veggies. dessert here are excellent and decadent. Great service with special request honored without hesitation. Get the Greens East Utica!

1  Thank 741peterm