“Good priced steak”

Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,266 Restaurants in Rochester
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greece, New York, United States
“Good priced steak”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of enjoying Delmonico's in Utica while going to school out there and they are just as good here in Rochester. Highly recommend the greens and beans if you haven't tried them yet. A staple to the Utica area, along with the chicken riggies. As for the steak, they are priced right and come in a decent portion with all the sides. The service is rarely bad and have always had a great experience at either the Rochester or Utica restaurants

Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Rochester, New York
“Once again -- outstanding!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

You might think that on a busy Mother's Day the wait would be long and the service slow. Not the case!! Our server Lexi was terrific! Her service was outstanding -- flawless, strong, prompt and attentive. Our requests for extra sauces and butter were immediately filled and our glasses were kept topped off. The steaks were impeccably prepared -- perfectly cooked with an amazing char, well-seasoned, every bite full of flavor, tender and juicy inside. Once again, Delmonico's continues to be one of Rochester's top venues!

New Jersey
“Nowhere else I'd rather eat in Rochester, great surprise!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I grudgingly give a rare great review to a chain restaurant: exceeded expectations in every respect. My cousin's son who'd survived five years in Rochester getting his engineering degree steered his family here for a graduation dinner. With reservations made way in advance, we got a quiet table for six in a recess in the wall that made it quiet. We started off with a delicately fried, light calamari which told us we were in for a treat. Most of us ordered the Delmonico steak which was enough for two; I had the Filet Portabella, which was remarkably tender and well seasoned with great gravy, and asparagus as rarely perfect as here. One of us had the veal parmegian and the bite I had showed it to be light, with a very nice red sauce.The next night we went through 20 other restaurants looking for a place for dinner, and voted to come back to Delmonico's. This time I tried the filet mignon over fettuccini alfredo, perfectly done and deletable. We never got near desserts either time so cannot comment on those. My companions liked the on-tap beer selection. Service professional both times in a busy house.

Rochester, New York
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was glad to end up having dinner at Delmonico's! My son wanted to try a seafood place in the area but the wait was too long! It was already around 8:30 and we wanted a decent dinner and did not want to go to a "chain" restaurant. There was Delmonico's and we decided to try it. There was a 20 min wait but we hanged out at the bar where there was a sitting area and a big tv to watch sport (if you want...) while waiting. The bar tender quickly served us in a friendly way.
We were seated at a booth which was large, roomy and comfortable. The wall was filled with caricatures of famous people that kept us entertained while we waited. My son ordered a fruit de mare served with linguine. The seafood was plentiful and the shrimps were huge! Cooked perfectly. My husband got the shrimp scampi, again with large shrimps. He enjoyed it very much. I ordered the Delmonico, medium rare.It came with penne with marinara sauce as a side. I asked if they can substitute the penne with angel hair and it was not a problem. I like that! However, when my steak came, it was cooked medium well. I notified Jen (our server) and without any question, she apologized and took back my steak and minutes later came back with a perfectly cooked medium rare steak which was juicy, seasoned well, and very, very tasty. I was very impressed by how well jen handled the situation and I am very happy to find a real "steak house" who knows how to cook steak as you ordered it!!! There were many times when I've spent a lot of money only to be disappointed with steak that I can make better at home! So, when I am craving for real steak, Delmonico is my destination!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and served late”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After a long drive north we arrived after eight and had dinner here. Linen table cloths and reasonable prices - great food. Enjoy

Visited May 2013