“Delightful”
Review of Shamrock Jack's

Shamrock Jack's
Ranked #114 of 1,468 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shamrock Jack's Irish Pub is a family-owned Irish Pub and Restaurant blending the magical spirit of Ireland with contemporary food and drink. We are located just a few minutes north of the City of Rochester in Sea Breeze, New York, a bustling resort community on the shores of beautiful Lake Ontario. Established in August 2003, the Petzing family transformed a spacious Victorian home and ballroom dance studio into one of the best steak and seafood restaurants in upstate New York. The old-world, Irish charm of Shamrock Jack's runs through the European-style back bar, hand-crafted booths, and warm, inviting dining rooms. Shamrock Jack's has recently transformed into your local go-to Irish Pub for casual dining with family and friends. We received the commendation for 2014 Best Irish Pub in Rochester! Spend the afternoon sipping pints on our expanded front porch or our back patio, enjoy live music until the wee hours in our charming Irish pub, or have a delightful dinner with family and friends in one of our warm, welcoming dining rooms. And don't forget to visit our resident Leprechaun just inside the front entrance!
Reviewed February 26, 2017

It was a very busy Friday night, but we were seated right away, in the "library". Our server Tiara was at our table almost immediately, and was very attentive in spite of handling many other diners. The soup of the day was creamy broccoli cheddar, and if I had known how delicious it was, that could've been my dinner! I'll look for it next time. My entree was the chicken French, and it too, was excellent. My husband had the Philly cheesesteak and he said it was very, very good. A fun pub, with lots of nooks and crannies. We have enjoyed many other lunches and dinners there, and will continue to go back for the food & atmosphere.

Reviewed February 24, 2017

They have a great menu with anything from sandwiches to steak. Had the Rib-eye and it was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

We ate dinner at Shamrock's this past weekend. It was our first visit to this Rochester pub, and we did enjoy our meal. We made reservations for the dining room (versus the bar roo,), although I don't think we really needed them.

Our waitress, Jinelle (Janelle?) was very pleasant, and did take care of everything we needed. The owner (or possibly manager?) also stopped by during our meal to find out how we were doing...all very nice.

My only disappointment (and it wasn't really too disappointing) was my entree, which was the Shepherd's Pie. I don't know why, but I didn't care for mine as much as in some other Irish restaurant. But it wasn't bad....and I am willing to chalk this up to "personal preference," as my had the same dish and loved hers. (And the chef even catered to my daughter's whim by removing the peas, which she doesn't like! Very nice of them!) Perhaps because I like a little more "sauce" and veggies on my Shepherd's Pie, and Shamrock Jack's is mainly meat and potatoes. I don't know...but please don't let this discourage you. It was still good.

My wife had the scallops, which were served with an apple compote and some thick-sliced bacon. She loved it.

Anyway, this is a nice, warm, cozy place to enjoy dinner and a beer, and I do recommend it,

Reviewed December 21, 2016

Had the opportunity to stop in for dinner last night (12/20/16). They had just updated the menu. The four of us chose the quiet back room that had the added warmth of a Christmas tree and a floor heater. It can be breezy at the lake but Shamrock's is great for being toasty in the Winter! The food was great and we loved the little tweaks they made to the dishes such as the chicken french-yum!! I was very upset with the party of 10 in the next room which decided to wage a war with the poor server over the fact that the restaurant no longer has bread on the table. We chatted with our server about it and let her know that it would be great to bring it back or provide something like breadsticks. This table was horrible-they demanded bread. then ordered sandwiches without bread and demanded money be taken off their bill for not having bread on their sandwiches. The worst was leaving the table a mess and not providing an adequate tip to the poor server who worked so hard to make this unruly and obnoxious group happy. We were very happy when they left. The food was outstanding and the staff went out of their way to provide us with a fabulous meal.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

I had an outstanding Reuben sandwich at Shamrock Jack's! - sweet potato fries were great too! Parking in back and along the side.