“We Had Forgotten”

Abbott's Frozen Custard INC
Ranked #4 of 33 Dessert in Rochester
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We used to live in Rochester, but moved away many years ago. We had forgotten about how good it is to have Abbott's Custard. Maybe they could move to Chicago and save us!

There are newer reviews for Abbott's Frozen Custard INC

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Abbotts frozen chocolate custard is simply the best. When I was pregnant with my daughter I would make my husband drive the 2 hours back to Rochester to get Chocolate Almond Frozen Custard! It isn't ice cream, it is much creamier and smoother than that. It is an experiance!

Reviewed September 3, 2009

Best soft-serve in the world, as far as I'm concerned!! Chocolate is my favorite, but fun flavors offered as well! A Rochester MUST!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2009

I love frozen custard.

Now, I think Carl's in Fredericksburg is great, but I would love it if Richmond had an Abbott's. For one thing it would save me a 3 hour round trip.

This particular location of Abbotts is one of my favorite, as it is at the beach in Charlotte. There is a nice playground nearby if you have kids. And the chocolate almond custard is always great, as are the other flavors.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Abbott's is a local favorite with a lot of local nostalgia value. The custard is ok, better than Dairy Queen, but, if you know good custard, this is not it.