“Good food, good service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sticky Lips Pit BBQ

Sticky Lips Pit BBQ
Ranked #8 of 1,262 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carver, Minnesota
“Good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant was right next door to our hotel, the parking lot was full so we thought it was a good sign. We got seated outside right away. We were not disappointed. I recommend this place if you like BBQ.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lives up to its name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My friend and I visited this place for dinner while in town for business. Although I am not a BBQ snob I have to say that their 'que is prepared the way that they do it in the south. I had the sampler plate and my friend had a variety of vegetable courses (vegan) and we both walked away saying that we'd be back. The portions are plentiful and there are more choices of sides than you can eat in 20 visits. It looks like they have music most nights so if you want great food and free entertainment, definitely hit this place for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
Penn Yan, New York
“Fast friendly service and plenty of good cheap food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch. I had the chicken special and she had the ribs. We tried 4 different appetizers and the cornbread. Everything was good including their root beer. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that it isn't gourmet food. We couldn't ask for more for a casual lunch and dinner restaurant. We will surely be back!

Warwick, New York, United States
“BEST BBQ I EVER HAD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to school near rochester, and had been to sticky lips about 10 times or so. I love the Pulled pork, the sweet potatoe fries, ribs, brisket(and I am not a big brisket person) the cornbread is also very tasty. Service is great, food comes out fairly quick. The appetizers area also really good, the loaded nachos are amazing and hearty, all the food here comes in very big portions you need a big appetite to finish. My brother had a a garbage plate there and about 3 others the weekend he visited like the one at sticky lips the most, my roommate got the pulled pork burger our last time there, man I wish I got that it was HUGE and two of my favorite foods there are

• Visited September 2012
Jmagg79
“Mmmmm BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently moved here from Syracuse, home of Dinosaur BBQ. I have had enough Dino over the years, that I wanted to try Sticky Lips when I moved to Rochester. I have never heard of this place until I seen the Man Vs Food episode when he did the food challenge there. I have ventured out of upstate NY to have southern BBQ . I was in Nashville last fall and ate some decent BBQ, but I have been to Dino so many times that I will compare Sticky Lips to Dinosaur.
I had the ribs and chicken combo which was the Better Garble and my sides were sweet potatoes fries and Cajun corn. My husband had the Memphis bell, which was the brisket and ribs. He had collard greens, and black beans and rice for his sides.
Our ribs where tasty and the chicken had a good flavor. My sweet potatoes fries were amazing. I recommend them as a side. The corn was nasty. It was canned corn (yuck) with a bunch of seasoning
My husband said the brisket was just as good as dino’s. He enjoyed the collard greens, and he said the black beans and rice are better at dinosaur.
Over all what stands out the most for Sticky lips is the Sauces. I tried all of them and loved every single one of them. I got my food without sauce so I can try each one. I feel the sauces at Sticky Lips are way better then Dinosaurs. I was never really a huge fan of Dinosaurs bbq sauce. It was just meh, ok.
SO Sticky Lips gets one up on the sauce
Dino gets a one up on the sides.
They both have good ribs, I like Dino’s ribs slightly better.
I will have Sticky lips again for sure, I will even bring my ‘Cuse friends with me when they come visit